REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 02-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Man has heart attack... at the Heart Attack Grill

Quote:
After a Diner suffered a heart attack in the Heart Attack Grill this week an anti-meat advocacy group is asking the owner to shut down according to the USA Today. I’ve added my previous full story below in case you missed what the fuss is all about.

Officials for the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine said Thursday they sent a letter to Heart Attack Grill owner Jon Basso, asking him to “declare moral bankruptcy” and close the restaurant.

Susan Levin, the group’s director of nutrition education, says the incident should be a wake-up call that bypass operations aren’t funny. I couldnt agree more. Th e restaurant owner says he hasn’t received the letter. He previously expressed sorrow for the victim, an unidentified man in his 40s. Grill owner John Basso says it wasn’t a stunt, and he felt bad that tourists in the restaurant at the time thought it was a joke.

So earlier a customer eating in the restaurant this week was stricken with a heart attack, according to CBS News. The customer was eating a “Triple Bypass Burger” a 6,000 calorie monster. As he chowed down he went into cardiac arrest. Of course it was all caught on a video that went viral.

I just don’t understand why people would eat this kind of food. Maybe it’s just the atmosphere of the place. Waitresses dress as nurses, and diners dress in hospital gowns. So this guy was all dressed and ready to go to the hospital when he had his heart jammer.

Jon Basso, owner of the Heart Attack Grill, told CBS News, “We throw slogans at you like, ‘Taste worth dying for.’”

“Who doesn’t want to risk a little danger every once in a while? If I can put danger back into hamburgers, all the better.” If you weigh over 350 lbs you can eat for free.

I’ve posted a few articles lately about lifestyle and cancer diagnosis. One important fact was that 50 per cent of the cancer could be prevented through a healthier lifestyle.

The example above is why it seems we still have a long way to go in lifestyle changes.The guy in the video below is Blair River , he died last year, he was 575 lbs and 29.
link to article / vid: Heart Attack Grill Asked To Close After Diner Suffers Heart Attack | The Province

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

So the people taking video thought it was a publicity stunt and were apparently having fun with the guy before they realized it was an actual heart attack... lol
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?

Last edited by punkwax; 02-16-2012 at 08:02 PM.
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Don't be an idiot if you're at risk. Common sense.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
In before SkinnyPupp makes a comment on how stupid it is to relate eating hamburgers to heart attacks

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
I'd tell the anti-meat advocacy group to go fuck their mother.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I would try the triple bypass burger
Posted via RS Mobile
BossFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
I've eaten at this place.. it's nothing special.

LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,669 Times in 147 Posts
lol saw that place in some tv show... over 350lb eat free anytime... fucking sick yo!!! all the homeless needs to move there and gain 250 lbs
sindragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
I subscribe to Revscene

Fries are fried in lard
Yum lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #9

Almost all fries use lard or tallow (beef). It's only the stupid places that don't. McDonalds tried it for a while because they were under pressure to get rid of saturated fat. So they replaced it with greasy slimy vegetable oil filled with trans fats. People stopped buying their fries so they switched back, and now we know that it is stupid to replace good fat (saturated) with bad (trans fat). Well most people should know this, but some refuse it because they are dumb.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Almost all fries use lard or tallow (beef). It's only the stupid places that don't. McDonalds tried it for a while because they were under pressure to get rid of saturated fat. So they replaced it with greasy slimy vegetable oil filled with trans fats. People stopped buying their fries so they switched back, and now we know that it is stupid to replace good fat (saturated) with bad (trans fat). Well most people should know this, but some refuse it because they are dumb.
McDonalds uses canola oil, they never switched back.

Anytime I order something that is fried, I ask the server what type of oil is used (vegetarian and peanut allergy), and have very rarely heard any response other than vegetable at any restaurant.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Anytime I order something that is fried, I ask the server what type of oil is used (vegetarian and peanut allergy), and have very rarely heard any response other than vegetable at any restaurant.
I guess you eat at a lot of fast food and vegetarian restaurants then
Old 02-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #12

Edit, I see they didn't switch back to good oil, but use this instead

canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor [wheat and milk derivatives]*, citric acid [preservative]

YUMMY!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #13
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
I guess you eat at a lot of fast food and vegetarian restaurants then
No, I rarely eat fast food and do not frequent vegetarian restaurants.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #14

OK then all these restaurants have switched since I last cared about it (early 2000's)

Good thing it's working, heart disease and diabetes rates have gone way down since then, right?
Old 02-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #15
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
OK then all these restaurants have switched since I last cared about it (early 2000's)

Good thing it's working, heart disease and diabetes rates have gone way down since then, right?
I'm not knowledgeable on heart disease and diabetes rates, but according to the H&S foundation there has been a significant decline in heart disease rates, thankfully.

I'm sure the decrease in smoking rates is a significant factor in that decline.

Quote:
Decline of cardiovascular disease

Cardiovascular diseases are defined as diseases and injuries of the cardiovascular system: the heart, the blood vessels of the heart and the system of blood vessels (veins and arteries) throughout the body and within the brain. Stroke is the result of a blood flow problem in the brain. It is considered a form of cardiovascular disease.

Over the past 40 years the rates of heart disease and stroke have steadily declined. The rate has declined:

25% over the past 10 years
50% over the past 20 years
70% between 1956 and 2002
Statistics - Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
Old 02-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #16
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
I've eaten at this place.. it's nothing special.
I think you forgot pictures of the nurses
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: