REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Mitsubishi Tech Resources

Mitsubishi Tech Resources All Mitsubishi Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 02-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #1
Princess Dewey

2008 lancer gts?

Hey guys I've been looking into buying a 2008 lancer gts as a DD, and before i take the plunge i just wanted to here a few owners opinions. the one I'm looking at specificly, is a 2008 automatic (w/paddle shift) gts just under 40kms on it.

some things I'm wondering about:
hows is gas mileage?
how is does the cvt tranny feel?
how is the availability of mods for this model?
differences between 08-2010 if any?
reliability? any problems; mechanically and/or electronics?

Replies are much appreciated
Thanks
Smarv
Advertisement
[05-03, 17:18] MPTness
if her age on the clock, she's too young for a cock

[12-03, 22:33] Amuro Ray
i was wearing women's clothing in my picture

[14-04, 00:16] Amuro Ray
i have hello kitty underwear

[14-04, 00:23] Amuro Ray
i find feet sexually exciting

[29-04, 00:21] Ri2
if i was a guy i'd just ejaculate on her face all up in her nose, mark yo territory like a beast

[14-05, 23:29] Ri2
i just watched japanese girls poop on each other for like 10 mins

Last edited by smarv; 02-17-2012 at 02:22 PM.
smarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I own a 08 gts.

I don't look closely at my mileage so I couldn't tell you what my MPG is. I could only compare it to my last car which was a 1.7 l civic and I can tell you it's not much worse. When I was driving to work from Burnaby to Downtown and back every day I filled up about once a week or two.

Most people have bad things to say about cvt. It's actually not bad compared to a slushbox automatic. If you compare it with a dual clutch like a ralliart or a manual transmission, it kinda sucks. Initial acceleration from a dead stop is slow but once you're rolling it feels quick. CVTs are smooth as you don't get that shift feeling and my passengers always complement this. People complain about the sewing machine noise but I don't really notice it much. I also drive with loud music all the time The paddle shifts are fun but they're a bit of a toy. I only use them when I'm bored or maybe shifting lanes.

If you go with the cvt don't even think about power mods. Any significant increase in power will put too much stress on the transmission. If you want power mods go manual or get another car. You can get your typical suspension mods. I've seen some body kits and there are some funky rear lights available.

Not too sure about the differences with 08-10. I think the newer engines have increased displacement and you can get a leather option. The current year ones have an all wheel drive option.

Reliability is ok. My problems included: bad radio reception (i got one warranty replacement, still kinda poopy but I replaced with aftermarket pioneer), my rotors warped after machining it once, minor rattle on passenger side door/frame.
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I believe the 08 GTS has the 2.0L while the 09 GTS has the 2.4L
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
Princess Dewey

Hmm i didn't know that you can't do significant power mods, but I'm probably only going to put in a cold air intake and lower it a bit, i don't think it will mess-up the tranny, hows insurance for it? i heard its a little pricy.

if i was a guy i'd just ejaculate on her face all up in her nose, mark yo territory like a beast

Old 02-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

My insurance went down from a civic coupe > lancer gts. Best to check at a ICBC broker place.
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
Princess Dewey

Thanks for the info mos_skeeto, it really helps. i will post pics if inspections go well and i decide to buy it.