REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Support Forum > Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs

Member's Support Area / Suggestions Box / Website Bugs 2016 RS.Net iT Admin: SkinnyPupp
Organizational feedback, general suggestions, account fix requests, concerns, acknowledgements, website and forum bugs & fixes. Support the site, by downloading the official RS App for Android!

Old 02-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Homework forum/thread

past 2 days I've come across two suggestions for a homework help thread, or maybe a sub forum within the campus forum.

just throwing it out there. I'm sure it would be used.
Advertisement
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
I'm interested to hear more, Ulic. I like the idea and wouldn't be opposed to the idea of you creating a thread. If it gets enough volume, we can look at the idea of opening a sub-forum.

How would you prevent cheating and plagiarism?
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I'd think it'd be more of don't copy internet answers to your own paper and hand it in for protection against plagiarism...

I'm in for this. It'd be a nice to come on RS and not feel so guilty for blowing off homework

Tumblr
1980 Datsun 280Z: sold 1995 Subaru Justy rip
1990 Civic Si: sold 1991 NA6 Miata rip
1989 240sx coupe: sold 1990 NA8 Miata current
1987 Corolla GTS Hatch: rip
1986 200sx hatch: sold
1989 Rb'd 240sx hatch: sold
Neva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
if it helps students actually study, sure.

sub forum is a possibility. You may start a thread and try it out to gauge interest and traffic. IF it gets to a point that it warrants a dedicated sub-forum, it will be considered and carried out.
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
I'm definetly all in for this. I always see users making posts for homework problems (I'm not exception) and many users on this forum can be very resourceful/knowledgeable. As for the plagiarism thing, I don't see how it could be a problem. Users will post suggestions or solutions to problems to how they see best fit, and let the OP decide what he/she wants to take out of it.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
cheating a plagiarism is prevented by the teachers/schools. I don't think it would be revscene's job.

plus people are just helping each other out.

most of the help i've seen are math or stats questions, where they can't figure out a problem.

we could just open a subsection and people can post any help or suggestions they need. if it looks too shady or like someone is just trying to get someone else to do all their work you can review it.

but honestly, if someone is willing to do the work for someone why not lol.
it's no different than those math questions being answered by someone else right?

as long as both parties agree. i would see it more as an advice/input forum.

i doubt anyone is gonna ask someone to write a full essay for them lol.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote