REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 02-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Replacement key for 2007 Honda Fit Sport

I'm looking to have a second remote fob key made up for our 2007 Fit Sport, as it only came with the one key when we purchased it.

What is the protocol for getting a new spare key?

I've had some quotes at local dealership, looks like it will be about $200-250 by the time all is said and done for a second remote key, cutting, and programming. I'm hoping to get it done cheaper, find a blank key and remote on Ebay and get it cut and programmed locally.

My research says that the FCC ID # on the back of the key/remote has to match, or come close to matching. But there is somebody saying that they matched the # and the key still won't work with their 2007 Fit Sport. Other sources also say that pretty much any Honda/Acura key post 2004 can be made compatible with any other Honda through programming.

The 2007 Fit Sport seems a bit peculiar, in the US its replacement key has its own part # and is about $150usd whereas the same key for 2008 Fit Sport is about $60usd. My key is marked with an 'H' stamp, and I think that is the specific immobilizer chip that the 2007 uses whereas the 2008 and on uses a different letter stamping, no idea why the pricing on the key is so different though.

Can somebody give me a definitive answer? It's not too hard to find an H stamp remote key on Ebay if that's what is needed, but does that guarantee to work with my car? Can other letter stamped keys also work?
Advertisement
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
http://onlinemazdaparts.com/storefro...&siteid=214264

They deal with Honda too. I got a flip key for my mazda, cut (had to give keycode i got from local dealer) and shipped. I paid Mazda $60 to program. Total cost $160

Jason is a cool guy and ships a lot to vancouver/bc. He should be able to answer your questions too. Lots of folk at mazda3forums use this guy...

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

i had a flip key cut for my fit and honda messed it up
good thing i didnt pay a dime
Old 02-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

If you want to make sure the guy can cut it right, tell them to cut it with a regular blank first, then test it on your car. Make sure it fits and you can start the car with it first. When it works on the cheap blank then have them cut it on your expensive key. If they can't cut it right on a cheap blank, I'd suggest not having them cut it and find someone more competent.

I'm not too sure if the Fit uses the chipped immobilizer key but if it does, they immobilizer will need to be programmed to accept the new key. Any decent automotive locksmith will be able to program the key for you (but you'll need to bring ALL your keys to them) or Honda/Acura can do it as well. (when I did it, the charged 0.5 hrs labour)

EDIT: If you're looking for someone to do it try these guys: Precision Lock
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:01 AM   #5
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanks for the input. I"m not too worried about the actual cutting of the key. The remote part of it is the expensive part, the key blade is removeable from the remote and replaceable and it is much cheaper on its own.

I'm more worried about the immobilizer chip. The letter stamping on the key blade dictates what make of chip is in the key, and it seems the 2007 Fit Sport in particular uses the specific H stamp immobilizer chip key. Since there is some contradictory info floating around online, I'm just wondering if anybody has tried an R or V stamp key with a 2007 Fit Sport. I don't want to buy the key only to find that there is no way for it to work with my car electronically.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
If you want to make sure the guy can cut it right, tell them to cut it with a regular blank first, then test it on your car. Make sure it fits and you can start the car with it first. When it works on the cheap blank then have them cut it on your expensive key. If they can't cut it right on a cheap blank, I'd suggest not having them cut it and find someone more competent.

I'm not too sure if the Fit uses the chipped immobilizer key but if it does, they it immobilizer will need to be programmed to accept the new key. Any decent automotive locksmith will be able to program the key for you (but you'll need to bring ALL your keys to them) or Honda/Acura can do it as well. (when I did it, the charged 0.5 hrs labour)

EDIT: If you're looking for someone to do it try these guys: Precision Lock

they did cut a cheap blank first and it did work on my car

the flip key is just a blank that i just have to take the guts of my oem key and put it into the new one
Old 03-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #7
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercivicdx View Post
they did cut a cheap blank first and it did work on my car

the flip key is just a blank that i just have to take the guts of my oem key and put it into the new one
Yeah, I've seen people hack open their OEM key and just take the transponder part out and put it into a flip key. It'll work...just seems like a lot of work but then again, I'm pretty lazy and don't have the patience for stuff like that.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #8

Not really hack just a Philips screw then he whole thing comes out
Old 03-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #9
Need my Daily Fix of RS

any pics of your key? the best deal I got for keycut and programming your immobilizer was from Middlegate Honda, they quoted me 10 dollars and 60 dollars if you have your own key with remote. you can get the uncut key with remote from ebay.
christiankirana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #10

no pics cause the first key they cut for me they fucked up

i have a second key im just too lazy to get it done
Old 03-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #11
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

i have a 2010 Fit and they quoted me 50$ dor programming, 50$ to get it cut. and the key is about 140$ and these are all without tax.
PandaFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #12

Oem key then yeah that's about right
eBay key u just pay for cutting