REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

Ferrari F620 GT

THIS is the new 2013 Ferrari F620 GT, plus specs

Ferrari F12 Berlinetta gallops to Geneva [w/videos]

Announcing the F12berlinetta: the fastest Ferrari ever built
The first in a new generation of V12 cars unveiled exclusively on Ferrari.com | The new F12berlinetta

Maranello, 29th February 2012 – Today's on-line unveiling of the F12berlinetta ushers in a new generation of Ferrari 12-cylinders in the form of a car that delivers unprecedented performance from an exceptional new engine, combined with innovative design that redefines classic themes along with extreme aerodynamics.

Revealed to the world for the first time on Ferrari.com in preparation for its official debut at the Geneva International Motor Show, the F12berlinetta, finished in an attractive new Rosso Berlinetta three-layer colour, represents the very cutting-edge of mid-front-engined sports cars.

This is, in fact, the most powerful and high-performance Ferrari road car ever launched thanks to the incredibly efficient engine – in terms of mechanical, combustion and fluid-dynamics efficiency – which, together with advanced vehicle architecture, aerodynamics, components and electronic controls, guarantee unsurpassed driving involvement whatever the road or track.

Ferrari's traditional transaxle layout has been revolutionised to match the more extreme performance of the car. The wheelbase has been shortened and the engine, dashboard and seats have been lowered in the chassis, while the new layout of the rear suspension and gearbox enabled Ferrari's engineers to make the rear volume of the car smaller. The overall result is a very compact car with a lower centre of gravity that is further back in the chassis, and a level of aerodynamic efficiency that sets new standards.

Scaglietti, renowned for its expertise in aluminium materials and construction, designed an all-new spaceframe chassis and bodyshell using 12 different kinds of alloys, some of which have been used here for the first time in the automotive sector, and employing new assembly and joining techniques. This has resulted in a 20 per cent increase in structural rigidity while reducing weight to just 1525 kg (70 kg less than the previous V12 coupé) with an ideal distribution between the axles (54 per cent over the rear).

The F12berlinetta's 6262cc 65° V12 engine delivers unprecedented performance and revs for a naturally-aspirated 12-cylinder. Its maximum power output is 740 CV which translates to a specific output of 118 CV/l. Torque reaches a peak of 690 Nm, 80 per cent of which is already available at just 2,500 rpm, and which provides an unrelenting surge of acceleration all the way to the 8,700 rpm limit. The engine is mated to the F1 dual-clutch transmission, which has closer gear ratios developed specifically for this car's performance. The F12berlinetta boasts a weight-to-power ratio of just 2.1 kg/CV .

Fuel consumption has been reduced by 30%, with CO2 emissions of just 350 g/km – figures which put the F12berlinetta at the top of the high-performance league. These results have been obtained by extensive research and development which focused on efficiencies of the whole vehicle: engine, aerodynamics, tyres and weights.

Similarly excellent results have been obtained with the car's aerodynamic development, thanks to the integration of the design process with extensive computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations and lengthy testing in the wind tunnel. Downforce has been boosted by 76 per cent (123 kg at 200 km/h) while drag has been significantly reduced (the Cd is just 0.299). These results come courtesy of two new solutions. The first of these is the Aero Bridge which uses the bonnet to generate downforce by channelling air away from the upper part of the car to its flanks where it interacts with the wake from the wheel wells to decrease drag. The second is Active Brake Cooling, a system that opens guide vanes to the brake cooling ducts only at high operating temperatures, again reducing drag.

The F12berlinetta's impressive technical specifications are completed by Ferrari's latest generation carbon-ceramic brakes (CCM3) and the evolution of the magnetorheological suspension control system (SCM-E). As is now traditional with all Ferraris, its control systems (E-Diff, ESP Premium, F1-Trac, and high-performance ABS) are all fully integrated.

The result is that the new Prancing Horse 12-cylinder accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 3.1 seconds and from 0 to 200 km/h in 8.5 seconds. It also completes a lap of the Fiorano circuit in 1'23", faster than any other Ferrari road car. Benchmark performance and maximum driving involvement are guaranteed by immediate turn-in, with smaller steering wheel angles, and increased cornering speed. Stopping distances have also been drastically reduced.

The design of the F12berlinetta is a result of the collaboration between the Ferrari Styling Centre and Pininfarina and is a perfect balance of uncompromising aerodynamics with harmonious proportions interpreting the typical elements of Ferrari's front-engined V12 cars in an original and innovative way. A coupé with sleek, aggressive lines whose compact exterior dimensions conceal exceptional in-car space and comfort. The all-new Frau leather interior highlights the balance of advanced technology and sophisticated, handcrafted detailing. In the middle of the light and lean dashboard, there are new carbon fibre and aluminium air vents clearly inspired by the aeronautic field.

The cabin has been optimised to ensure maximum usability of the interior space with additional luggage capacity behind the seats, which can also be easily reached thanks to the large aperture offered by the tail-gate. With the cockpit designed around the driver, typical of all Ferraris, the Human Machine Interface approach is emphasised, grouping all the major commands within immediate reach to guarantee maximum ergonomics for the most involving driving experience.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Engine
Type 65-degree V12
Total displacement 6262 cc
Maximum power output 740 CV at 8500 rpm
Maximum torque 690 Nm at 6000 rpm
Dimensions and weight
Length 4618 mm
Width 1942 mm
Height 1273 mm
Dry weight* 1525 kg
Weight distribution 46% front, 54% rear
Weight-power ratio 2,1 kg/CV
Performance
Maximum speed over 340 km/h
0-100 km/h 3.1 seconds
Advertisement

Last edited by BeefCake4000; 03-03-2012 at 09:50 PM.
BeefCake4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

not really sure about the style. Look kind of plain.
dinfung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Thanked 1,134 Times in 231 Posts
New Ferrari =
New Lamborghini =

Old Ferrari =
Old Lamborghini =
Santofu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
740 ponies and 690 torques?
Posted via RS Mobile
jing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

The powerplant is amazing. V12 to 8700rpm redline. Moves that boat from 0-60 in 3.1 seconds... my mind is blown.

To think the F620 replaces this Ferrari flagship from only 10 years ago
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Kind of reminds me of the corvette stingray concept for some reason

Old 02-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santofu View Post
New Ferrari =
New Lamborghini =

Old Ferrari =
Old Lamborghini =
I'd rather have a diablo then any new lambo or ferrari, or a f40 or a GTO. Fail satanfu is fail.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
the Ferrari v12 GT cars have always been a little more understated. a little more classy, a little less racecar.. the 456, 550/575 and 599 were more mildly styled than the 355, 360/430, 458.

but then. you could always turn up the awesome

Old 02-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmack View Post
I'd rather have a diablo then any new lambo or ferrari, or a f40 or a GTO. Fail satanfu is fail.
Id take a Diablo to park in my garage and drive once in a while for sure since it was always my favorite car growing up. But theres no way Id take one over an Aventador. and Id take a Gallardo if I planned to drive it more than 5 times a year.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #10
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts

In this picture it reminds me of the current Vette.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmack View Post
Well.... that's what you prefer...
KingCrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #12
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts

I got to drive one of these for a few days..... fucking amazing machines.

Berz out.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #13
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
looks like it took some styling cues from the 458 and yeah a bit of the vette, or more precisely, the FF, looks to be in there

looks good
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:09 AM   #14
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
[VIDEO] Ferrari 620 GT teased
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:34 AM   #15
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
kewl a stretched out FF.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:21 AM   #16
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Is this the car? I guess they named it the F12 Berlinetta...

It's here: meet the new Ferrari F12 Berlinetta - BBC Top Gear

Quote:
This is the new Ferrari F12

The most powerful road-going Ferrari ever built and successor to the 599 has arrived...

Posted by: Jason Barlow, 29 February 2012

Back to Car News
Ferrari F12

Ferrari chairman Luca di Montezemolo likes to talk about different Ferraris for different sorts of Ferrari clients, but when it comes to the Prancing Horse's big front-engined V12 GT models, there's zero messing around. Meet the all-new F12 Berlinetta, and if the name lacks the flamboyance we've come to expect from Maranello, the rest of it will blow your mind. And possibly your ear-drums, too.

Like the 599 GTB Fiorano which it replaces, the F12's undoubted USP is that thumping great V12. A reworked version of the unit that first appeared in the FF, it shares the same 6262cc capacity and 65 degree configuration, but its power output is increased by approximately 80bhp to just over 730bhp (740CV), and it produces 509 torques. In other words, the F12 is the most powerful road-going Ferrari ever. Factor in a dry weight of 1525kg and you can imagine what sort of performance this thing delivers: 0-62mph in 3.1 seconds, 0-124mph in 8.5, and a top speed of 211mph. So, quite fast, then. Fast enough, in fact, to blitz Ferrari's Fiorano test track in 1min 23 seconds, a time that outpoints even the Enzo supercar to make this the quickest Ferrari road car to lap the famous circuit.

Related content

Car Verdict
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Manufacturer
Toyota - Car Reviews
Manufacturer
Land Rover - Car Reviews

See more pics of the new Ferrari F12

It's hugely sophisticated, too. There's an all-new aluminium spaceframe chassis, which mixes and matches 12 different kinds of alloys to reduce weight and improve structural rigidity by 20 per cent. And despite that front-mounted V12, the F12 has optimum weight distribution, 46/54 front to rear. The centre of gravity has been reduced, and the engine, interior and seats all sit 25mm lower in the chassis. A new rear suspension layout and redesigned rear transaxle also help reduce the F12's rear volume. It's a smaller, more muscular car than the 599, a car that could feel a little to big to be comfortably punted down a typical British back-road when you weren't swanning about in Monaco.

Ferrari CEO Amedeo Felisa is adamant that Ferrari will be sticking to its V12 format, despite rising environmental pressure to switch to a smaller turbocharged configuration. It helps that while the F12 is more powerful than its predecessor, it's also much more efficient - it uses 30 per cent less fuel and CO2 emissions of 350g/km are very impressive for a 730bhp V12. More than anyone, Ferrari's F1-to-road technology transfer is key, and the new car has exceptional aerodynamics. There are two highlights: the first is something called an Aero Bridge, which sees the shape and form of the F12's bonnet funnel air away from the top part down towards the sides of the car to increase downforce. Then there's Active Brake Cooling, which opens vanes to the cooling ducts at high operating temperatures to reduce drag. There are five outlets underneath the car, and in effect these various innovations mean that the car's shape is unsullied by an out-sized rear spoiler.

Elsewhere, the new car features the latest evolution of Ferrari's ceramic brakes and magnetorheological dampers, and a fully integrated electronic chassis architecture that expertly manages the electronic differential, traction and stability control systems, and ABS.

Inside, the F12's cabin volume has been deliberately stream-lined, and the dash layout is far more modern. You can make up your own mind about the car's styling: it's a new Ferrari, it's the latest product of Ferrari's Centro Stile partnership with Pininfarina, and the internet debate will no doubt rage for weeks. But think of the F12 as a mix of 458 Italia and 599 GTO, mashed up with that classic Ferrari V12 GT playboy thing, and we're pretty sure you will not experience disappointment the first time one blasts past you.

Top Gear will be driving it in late June. We don't expect to be disappointed either.

§[]D€€Ð Ѐ[\/]Ö|\| 4 L I F E!

My CarDomain
My Honda Showoff
tamazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #17
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
I like this Ferrari

Old 02-29-2012, 05:23 AM   #18
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Can I row my way home? No? Do not want.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #19
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Official pics up....doesnt look as classy as the fiorano and the name sucks but probably performs way better.
Ferrari F12berlinetta: The Fastest Ferrari Ever Built
Posted via RS Mobile
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #20
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
I like this Ferrari

played out matte wrap + shitty 20" wheels that look like TSWs
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #21
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
Wow, this new Ferrari is fast! 0 to 62 miles in 3.1s!

It's a beauty. The Aventador has a new competitor. -can't wait to see the comparison test that Road and Track or Car and Driver will do on these two beasts.

Last edited by pastarocket; 02-21-2018 at 05:53 PM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #22
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
The Ferrari F12Berlinetta
Car is camouflaged but sounds sick
Old 02-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #23
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
+1. Sick sound and performance from the F12 Berlinetta:

Old 02-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #24
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
^

i was standing over that exact spot last summer while they were running an f1 car. the thing could be heard from pretty much anywhere in the entire town
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #25
I STILL don't get it

Its a nice car, spec are unbelievable. Glad that they are still working hard to put out more than 100hp/l (N/A) while reducing consumption when most companies just give in and go FI.

Just look at the above details, I mean seriously, a rev counter LCD display for the passenger.

Front is a little too smiley IMHO, if they are not careful they might get the overly happy mazda 3 grill
VK79 is offline   Reply With Quote