REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   laser jammers - legal or not legal (https://www.revscene.net/forums/663617-laser-jammers-legal-not-legal.html)

orgasm_donor 02-24-2012 11:23 AM

laser jammers - legal or not legal

From what I understand, it is legal to buy, legal to sell and legal to install a laser jammer or shifter in a car or truck in BC. So if it is illegal to actually use, who is resonsible for the ticket? The operator of the vehicle or the shop or person that installed it?

Keeping in mind that the owner of the vehicle was made aware of its illegality prior to the installation of the unit, how would a dispute pan out?

Any information is appreciated.

Uncle Benz 02-24-2012 01:26 PM

I don't see how it's any different than other products being sold that are for "Off Road Use Only". When a person is caught using such a product (headlight/taillight covers, hid lights, led strip, etc...) it's the person that gets the ticket, not the installer or the retailer.

If the operator of the vehicle has been made aware of the illegality, it would be the operator who would be responsible for the ticket. If you are concerned about protecting yourself, in the future get a written acknowledgement from the customer prior to install saying that they are aware it is illegal to use the product for the purpose of ......

I'm sure you can figure out the exact writing to use in the Acknowledgement.

Soundy 02-24-2012 05:11 PM

I thought "laser jammers" had been proven ineffective?

MythBusters Episode 18: Beat the Radar Detector

Prolowtone 02-24-2012 05:11 PM

laser jammers - legal or not illegal
:troll:
wouldn't not illegal= Legal.... So your title is laser jammers - legal or legal.....

And yes they are illegal

fd3 02-24-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 7808455)

.....none say nething about high end jammers...
They used like home made diy things....
Posted via RS Mobile

orgasm_donor 02-24-2012 05:55 PM

Is there a specific section in the big old law book that somebody has a link to?
It'd be nice to have something concrete to point to for future reference.

optiblue 02-24-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 7808455)

Lol those are crappy techniques! Of course they won't work. A real jammer is a high tech device that blinds laser guns rendering them unable to get a speed reading. Super illegal. What people usually do is use it in combo with a detector. When they get laserer, brake and then turn it off :)
Posted via RS Mobile

Soundy 02-24-2012 08:28 PM

:gotsearch:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/64701...or-works.html#

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7461054)
You might want to do a search on the topic of Laser jammers...case law in BC for using one...a criminal code conviction for obstructing a Police Officer when you get caught. The Police Laser tells the operator that it is being jammed. I was involved personally in one seizure and conviction. As the Laser gets your speed reading in 1/3 of a second you might consider how you can detect the Laser reading and slow down below the limit in less than 1/3 of a second?

Graeme S 02-25-2012 07:08 PM

I think the issue here is that orgasm donor works with a shop and probably has a customer who wants a laser hanger installed, but is worried about lability issues if his customer gets a ticket; who is liable, him or customer and what would be needed to ensure he can prove the customer was informed of its illegal status.
Posted via RS Mobile

BlaineByrnside 05-18-2014 06:37 PM

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of 4G Jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.

meme405 05-18-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaineByrnside (Post 8473494)
The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of 4G Jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.

:considered: :

Spoiler!

zulutango 05-19-2014 05:03 AM

Quote:

To use a quote from my troubled youth.........."that's some good s**t you're smokin there dude!"

- kT 05-20-2014 11:09 PM

i highly doubt the installer would be held liable as long as you inform the customer

why not write up a document stating that he acknowledges and understands the illegality of operating a lazer jammer and that he does not hold (your shop) liable for any future problems, financially or criminally, then get him to sign and date before starting any work? we do that at my workplace anytime a customer asks us to do something within our power, but could wind up biting us - things like rust

Soundy 05-20-2014 11:40 PM

Quote:

Tic Tac, is that you?

JordanLawrence 05-30-2014 11:13 AM

My 9500ci works perfectly

underscore 06-02-2014 11:35 AM

Holy thread bump batman.

That said, don't most shops have disclaimers at the bottom of the bill?