REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   can you recommend a good place for eyebrow shaping? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/663763-can-you-recommend-good-place-eyebrow-shaping.html)

jenny101 02-26-2012 09:27 PM

can you recommend a good place for eyebrow shaping?

heyy everyone, first post here, i was wondering if anyone knew a really good place to get your eyebrows shaped.
for example say you've been growing them out for a couple of months and want to get them re-shaped.
somewhere where you can show them a picture, and if your eyebrows are long enough, they'll be able to mimic it, somewhere skilled not a $2 brow job
anywhere in vancouver/surrey/burnaby etc,

preferrably a unisex place,
if anyone can recommend a good place please post thank youu!

Verdasco 02-26-2012 09:32 PM

sorry for hijack jenny but can someone recommend a place for plucking? for men obviously :P hehe (not the same as shaping)

jenny101 02-26-2012 09:38 PM

its all good!
btw if anyone wants to see the shape i am looking for, to better answer my question, please pm me and i will show you a picture, the reason I dont want to post it here is because i know the person in the picture personally and i dont want to publicly post a picture of them on a forum website :P

and they got theirs done in a different country and now they just clean it up themselves, so i cant get it done in that place haha

Verdasco 02-26-2012 10:57 PM

^ should just crop out everything except the brows imo

muteki 02-26-2012 11:43 PM

Kinda weird to be asking this on a male dominated forum.... :suspicious: But then again, who knows, maybe a lot of guys here get their brows done. :troll:
There's a few brow bars i've noticed in yaletown/downtown.
This place comes to mind: Bombay Brow Bar$|$ Eyebrow Beauty Services
They seem to have a good variety of services for brows.

On another note, found this on their Facebook: :heckno:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net..._7601178_n.jpg

jenny101 02-27-2012 07:07 PM

that looks like a good place thanks!

miss_crayon 02-27-2012 09:09 PM

Bombay Brow Bar. A little pricey but they do a nice job. I was at their media event at their latest opening at the Shangri-La on Friday and they've really come a long way since their first store in Yaletown.

Really great business ran by 2 sisters. I definitely support!

Maggie L.'s Profile - Reviews | Yelp

I wrote this on yelp from a review I did on my blog back in 2009. Hope it helps.

jenny101 03-02-2012 07:12 PM

thank you everybody :) question answered bbb it is

xmisstrinh 03-02-2012 08:51 PM

Bombay is overpriced. I get my brows done for 5 bucks and they always come out perfect. Mona Lisa on the corner of 49th and Fraser. As for Muni. I've been going to her for the past year and a half and she's great!

rien 03-02-2012 09:18 PM

Don't go to Benefit Brow Bar at Holt Renfrew. $23 for a mediocre job compared to a decent-good job $2-5 at any threading place.

I wouldn't pay 20$+ on eyebrow shaping unless your eyebrows are completely grown out/wild/untouched

Gnomes 03-03-2012 04:48 PM

As a guy with thick black brow, I had bad experiences with Indian threadings. They make my brows very sharp and defined. Plucking is the way to go. Now if only there's places that does brow plucking....

Ri2 03-05-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmisstrinh (Post 7816940)
Bombay is overpriced. I get my brows done for 5 bucks and they always come out perfect. Mona Lisa on the corner of 49th and Fraser. As for Muni. I've been going to her for the past year and a half and she's great!

I used to go there too! or to Lovely's further up Fraser. My brother actually went to Mona Lisa's a lot before I did.

I've paid $20 (with 15% discount) to get my brows waxed at the Don Spa on West Broadway and I thought it was kind of ridiculous. I live in Surrey now though so the most I pay is $7 threading/waxing.

I think paying $20+ to get your eyebrows done is pretty hefty, but if you don't mind spending the money then go for it!

Ri2 03-05-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnomes (Post 7817579)
As a guy with thick black brow, I had bad experiences with Indian threadings. They make my brows very sharp and defined. Plucking is the way to go. Now if only there's places that does brow plucking....

are you asking for them just to clean it off? My bro just says that when he goes and they do a fine job.

Girl 03-05-2012 07:47 PM

I haven't found a good eyebrow place here in Vancouver at all. It's depressing. A lot of threading places aren't bad, but every face is different.

BaBiE_Bee 03-06-2012 08:37 AM

Hair Image Beauty Salon, they used to be on Rupert and 1st but have since moved to Parker and Gilmore in Burnaby, I think it's like $7 now for eyebrows and unisex - hope this helps! :) Not too sure if this is the right number for them, 604-253-4247 - they're closed on Sundays!