REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Ignition Interlock outside of BC

I have an ignition interlock restriction on my license, but am going on a roadtrip soon through the USA, down to California. I am curious if anyone knows the laws of driving with the IIL restriction on my license outside of BC, or outside of Canada actually.

Do the WA, OR, and CA police look at this on a BC driver's license, or would they not look at it? If so, I guess my friends are gonna have to suck it up and do all the driving.
Advertisement
kelvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

It's a restriction on your driver's license... no matter where you were to drive, you are still required to comply with the restriction.
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Depending on why you have it, there may be problems with the US letting you into their country. If there is a criminal code conviction they might refuse you entry.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

It's a restriction on your license, as said, just like having to wear glasses
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

No criminal code conviction. Was assuming the regular restriction but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!
Posted via RS Mobile
kelvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote