REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

NEED OPINIONS FOR THE MODS FOR MY Z!

Hey Guys,

I currently own a 2003 350z Touring and am planning on giving it a bit of a make-over for the upcoming summer. (Exterior mods for now, engine mods will follow shortly) (Over 6 months in planning.)

I'm planning on doing something a little different and am worries about the flow of the entire car.

So I decided to ask the nice people on the 350z forums for some help.

Any opinions, critiques and suggestions are welcome. (Don't worry I wont get offended)

I'm pretty new to the scene so I apologize ahead of time if I have trouble understanding some technical aspects of the mods.

Without further ado lets get started:

The car is going to be wrapped in matte white by myself and a few friends so I tried my best to find example pictures of white 350z.

Front bumper:
Ing+1 N spec Front Bumper

Rear bumper:
A modified amuse Z34 bumper to fit on my Z
(I don't think anyone in my area has done this yet)

Looks much much nicer in real life.

Spoiler:
JKS Custom Spoiler

Side Skirts:
Either Greddy or JP Vizage type A (Opinions please!)

Greddy

JP Vizage

Wheels (If possible...)
Otherwise for the time being, stock will be painted black... fml

In reality I really wanted a similar bumper to the Amuse Z34 rear as I liked the spoiler + rear bumper combo very much. However, I know how shitty the visibility is in the rear view and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to see anything. Any thoughts? Has anyone done this to their Z?

Like so:
Amuse Z34 Vestito Rear bumper/spoiler combo.

Extra:

Headlight housing: baked and housing interior will be blacked out with hid conversion (8K) and smd angel lights.

Tail lights: very slight tint to change to more of a crimson. (will have 2006 LED tail lights if possible.)

Rear view tint (20 ~ 35%?) and emblems will be changes to Fairlady Z as well as Nissan emblems to Z.

For Additional pics of examples please go to:
http://photobucket.com/Harro_350z
Advertisement
MADEINJAPAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #2

Here's a photo bombed picture of the amuse Z34 bumper with a similar spoiler on a 350z.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
I like this

Or else mod it to however you would like it and not other people's opinion.
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #4
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
I'd get some nice wheels before a body kit if I were you just sayin'

swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #5

haha. yeah didn't dig the wide body and didn't want to copy DK in tokyo drift lol. =P
Old 03-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #6

@swfk:

Any suggestions?
Old 03-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swfk View Post
I'd get some nice wheels before a body kit if I were you just sayin'
Agreed, I'd get some wheels and coils before thinking about a kit. A 350z with a nice stance without a lip kit would look better than a 350z with a lip kit on stock suspension imo. I like the spoiler lip/custom spoiler thing you posted though, looks a lot cleaner than the huge spoiler at the end of your post

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:29 AM   #8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Dat amuse kit
Firmware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #9
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

vinyl wrapping is not as easy as it looks....i helped my brother do the roof of his 350z....never again.......

personally, i think all bodykits ruin the flow of the z,
just sayin
Old 03-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #10

Thanked 4,037 Times in 709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADEINJAPAN View Post
@swfk:

Any suggestions?
Depends on your budget right? Lip or no lip? How aggressive are you willing to go? Flip through some car blogs or Z forums lol
swfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #11
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
What's your budget/time frame?
Do you plan on tracking the car whatsoever?

Your car would look pretty messy with all these different bodykits etc. And even worse if you don't have plans for lowering it.
Spending that kind of money on bodykits just seems like overkill to me and as time goes on I think you'll get tired of the look. I would personally just go with some nismo (or nismo replica? if there's such thing) lips/spoiler.

The Veilside Z33 looked pretty sick back in the day but looking back at it now the scene has clearly moved away from that and the car looks dated and dare I say it, ricey. The Z33 has such beautiful and clean curves that I wouldn't mess with it if I were you.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
RS controls my life!

Thanked 4,071 Times in 346 Posts
shouldn't your car be modded based on your personal style and not influenced by others? The parts you put on your Z should be what you want and not because others said it would look sick. idk that's how i see things.
ThatKoukiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #13
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
You are on the track to create a hideous abortion of a 350Z featuring overpriced mix-matched ricer parts. It will look bad even with all the money in the world, but if you can't afford to then lower it and put decent wheels/tires on it, it is going to look fully ridiculous, like "hall of shame" bad. The 350Z is naturally a great looking car and a tasteful set of performance wheels/tires and a capable suspension make it look even better - don't screw that up!

Sorry to be harsh, but that's the reality. And stop yelling in thread titles.

Mark
Old 03-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604nguyen View Post
vinyl wrapping is not as easy as it looks....i helped my brother do the roof of his 350z....never again.......

personally, i think all bodykits ruin the flow of the z,
just sayin
A buddy of mine used to own a wrapping company and he said he can help me out. So the wrapping itself shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfk View Post
Depends on your budget right? Lip or no lip? How aggressive are you willing to go? Flip through some car blogs or Z forums lol
The whole thing was supposed to be done under $2500. vinyl, kit, and everything else with whatever money left over for wheels. and pretty aggressive, more or less to stand out. no lip I think I would like to keep the Ings+1 front bumper, if it comes down to it, I'd just stick to just getting the full ings+1 kit itself.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90_BNR32 View Post
shouldn't your car be modded based on your personal style and not influenced by others? The parts you put on your Z should be what you want and not because others said it would look sick. idk that's how i see things.
Yeah your right. but I've been having trouble trying to make something to fit the amuse. Its something that completely new and I guess different that I think that it always ends up looking awkward.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
What's your budget/time frame?
Do you plan on tracking the car whatsoever?

Your car would look pretty messy with all these different bodykits etc. And even worse if you don't have plans for lowering it.
Spending that kind of money on bodykits just seems like overkill to me and as time goes on I think you'll get tired of the look. I would personally just go with some nismo (or nismo replica? if there's such thing) lips/spoiler.

The Veilside Z33 looked pretty sick back in the day but looking back at it now the scene has clearly moved away from that and the car looks dated and dare I say it, ricey. The Z33 has such beautiful and clean curves that I wouldn't mess with it if I were you.
Just a nubs perspective but as low as the car is, adding body kit which will make the Z look even lower and lowering the car on top of that... I wouldn't be able to drive at all :P. On stock the car is terrible when it comes to speed bumps.

On another notes on the veilside and nismo. The problem I mainly had with those two kits is that when I browsed on the 350z forums, I found that they were incredible overplayed. So I wanted to take the route of a few other modders who pieced the best parts from certain kits and made their own. I really like the ings but finding it super hard to pair with the amuse vestito.

Have you seen the new Z34 veilside yet? looks sick.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
You are on the track to create a hideous abortion of a 350Z featuring overpriced mix-matched ricer parts. It will look bad even with all the money in the world, but if you can't afford to then lower it and put decent wheels/tires on it, it is going to look fully ridiculous, like "hall of shame" bad. The 350Z is naturally a great looking car and a tasteful set of performance wheels/tires and a capable suspension make it look even better - don't screw that up!

Sorry to be harsh, but that's the reality. And stop yelling in thread titles.

Mark
No worries at all. The reason I posted this is to get honest opinions. sorry about the caps first forum post ever. :P What do you think about just sticking to the Ings+1 kit? Getting wheels are definitely in the books for the near future but unfortunately lowering it might have to wait. Opinions on the wheels I posted? I know I don't like the brand but, I really just went with looks. I didn't want to go with the rays wheels that everyone else on the Z forums did because well, everyone has them. The whole selection was pretty much based on looks and not on stance etc. Still need someone to fill me in on that kind of stuff.... =/
Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #19
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
You should figure out what OEM and aftermarket parts are made of first before you commence this blasphemy.
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #20

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADEINJAPAN View Post
The whole thing was supposed to be done under $2500. vinyl, kit, and everything else with whatever money left over for wheels. and pretty aggressive, more or less to stand out. no lip I think I would like to keep the Ings+1 front bumper, if it comes down to it, I'd just stick to just getting the full ings+1 kit itself.
Um wat.

Proper tires and decent rims are going to cost that much alone.
Unless you buy some random ebay rims and stretch a 215 tire on it.

Check my350z.com for used ones since lots of people are selling there.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #21
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

i would stick to ings+1 full kit or front and side plus top secret diffuser

but 2500 including kit, vinyl, is hard.. im guessing the kit is a replica kit. which might fit good but chances are it needs some work to fit right.
you might end up spending a lot more than 2500 just to make it fit right if you take it to a shop
Nismo 1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
You should figure out what OEM and aftermarket parts are made of first before you commence this blasphemy.
Just wondering how that would influence my decision and make it not blasphemy?
My understanding is the whole kit is going to be made from fiberglass. I may try poly as I heard its easier to manipulate. and I tried asking what oem parts were made from but didn't really get an informed response. =/
Old 03-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo 1234 View Post
i would stick to ings+1 full kit or front and side plus top secret diffuser

but 2500 including kit, vinyl, is hard.. im guessing the kit is a replica kit. which might fit good but chances are it needs some work to fit right.
you might end up spending a lot more than 2500 just to make it fit right if you take it to a shop
Thank you for your response yeah its a replica coming from bausauto and strafe automotive. They're both the "craze" on the Z forums and apparently the fitment itself is close to spot on. I'll look into the top secret diffuser but not digging the greddy sides? They were the top recommended ones on a Z motoring thread lol.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #24

^ another option was to substitute the Amuse Vestito with the Chargespeed rear with the cf center.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #25
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

It's your car, and you're on a tight budget, so do whatever that makes you happy. You are the one driving and getting in and out of your car anyways, so build something that you will actually feel excited when you get up every morning for your daily commute.

Sure sure, it may end up looking something like this, and we'll all have a good laugh at it.

But that hasn't stopped them, so it shouldn't stop you.

IMO, I agree with everyone else. This forum appreciates Stance > Rice, so the general opinion will be to go for suspension + wheels. Since you can't get the best of both worlds, then choose the one that holds higher value to you personally.

Remember to post pics of the final outcome!!
06TLer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: