REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #76
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fT-z33wor View Post
Where's my recognition lol

From what I hear, cops are generally very lenient as to not displaying N for most cases as long as you aren't over exceeding (which I think is the whole point for the two year N program). Numerous friends and co-workers of mine have gotten warnings when they were driving alone but a different story when you got a car packed of people. Over exceeding ticket + failure to display N ticket = 200 + 109 = 309$?
Advertisement

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #77
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post

When I still had my N a while back I got 8 tickets on it..
Attached Images
File Type: png watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png (152.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #78
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Don't listen to any of these guys...They're dumb and don't know the law.

First rule of traffic court is that if the year of the vehicle is NOT on the ticket, the the ticket CANNOT be issued.
This is pretty clearcut man and don't waste your time dealing with these guys. They don't know anything. Automatic win in court.
Must be a different Traffic Court system than the one I used. If the info appears in the shaded area of the VT, then you should read on the bottom of the VT. Even if there is a defect in other areas the VT can be ammended in court before the actual trial testimony begins.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #79
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreyjack604 View Post
First off doesn't take a genius to become a police officer and you prove that since you spelled "LICENSE" wrong. Whats worse me not following some BOGUS law about displaying a stupid sign, or you being an adult, and a police officer, on a forum trying to insult my intelligence. BTW if I had trouble reading I'm sure there is no way I would have been accepted to UBC.

and I'm not going to remove the tints. I'm just going to pay the ticket by mail like my buddy did and not do anything about it. Costs $80 to get them removed anyways. If I want to have tints on it should be my choice because I understand the risks.

I must be a little slow today...I apologized for the spelling of licence in an earlier post, when I never used the word. That kinda takes even more wind out of the OP's post about Cops being stupid and illiterate I guess...or maybe it doesn't? . BTW I have a few buddies working Surrey Traffic and Valley IRSU. I'll make sure they check your windows for tint if you like, seeing that you are not going to remove it. I guess you never thought that you could also get a mandatory inspection (that you pay for) that would force you to remove the tint...plus the ticket.

This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #80
RS controls my life!

Few years back on one night, I recieved failure to produce licence, no N sign, and a speeding ticket. Came out to 400 dollars T.T but only recieved 2 points for the speeding which saved me from restarting my N.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:52 AM   #81
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
Few years back on one night, I recieved failure to produce licence, no N sign, and a speeding ticket. Came out to 400 dollars T.T but only recieved 2 points for the speeding which saved me from restarting my N.
The speeding VT holds a 3 point penalty, the other 2 charges hold no points unless the no N is charged as driver contrary to restrictions. Don't know how you were only dinged with 2 points for speeding????
Old 03-12-2012, 12:13 AM   #82
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fT-z33wor View Post
While I agree with the MVA offences affecting your privillege to drive. I disagree with how some parts of Graduate License Program is internally structured.

I think if an individual is on probation with ICBC, only Motor Vehicle Act offences should be considered into account of whether their license should be prohibited or not.

Not having your N displayed and a window tint violation, in my opinions is neither dangerous to you or others on the road. Neither or these two violations are under the Motor Vehicle Act, but under the Motor Vehicle Act Regulations (correct me if I'm wrong). Violation of MVAR is not an immediate danger to public safety in any sort of manner.

This is what seems rather unjust, and it just seems like a money grab (from license reinstation fees, etc). It also forces people to restart their time in the GLP even though they may not necessarily be a high risk driver, it tends to lump everyone into one big category.
That part i definitely do agree. I was part of that program. However, I think the rule's been arbitrarily changed since I was last an N. Back then I've had a few tickets for no N, and car being too loud, etc. I never had it suspended due to those tickets. Nowadays it looks like they're doing everything they can to put god's fear into every driver with an N now, which I REALLY do not approve. Get caught with a celly while driving? sure. Give'em 3 points. Ban because someone doesn't have N? that's a little rich.

But again, I know why too - Because some people simply don't put it on the car regardless of how many tickets.

OP: Word to the wise: You probably shouldn't run your mouth too much on here man. Lots of mods here are current/ex-POs. Not worth the trouble to lose your $hit on the INTERNET. Carrys no weight, and you can potentially incriminate yourself. Vancouver's a very small community, with RS being even tighter. We'll all pretty much know who you are by summer. LOL

I was like you once, until a few officers said "no more freebies" and went to town on me. I'm in the auto business, and it became REALLY inconvenient, and expensive. You may have your parents pay for your things (don't act like they don't, it's shameful), but not everyone has that luxury and convenience. The sooner you look at that reality, the sooner you will learn, and succeed. I don't care HOW F'ing smart you are, if you can't use some common sense in something as simple as this, you will NEVER amount to ANYTHING in life.

ESPECIALLY when your allowances run out.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:25 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreyjack604 View Post
Dealer tinted them for free.

And if everybody has said it why are you?
BTW, an authorized BMW dealer, or ANY manufacturer dealer, would NEVER install equipment that would come in conflict with the MVA, or cause danger to occupants/pedestrians.

If they did, the dealer can be fined, and manufacturer can also penalize them as well. Too much legalities involved, especially when some kids can't keep their mouths shut about it.

So please, argue with valid points. Not ones you think up on a spot of rage induced by the fact that you lack both the intelligence, foresight, and evidence to provide a proper retort.

Makes you look like an ass.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #84

OP has no money because he didn't buy or insure car, or pay for school.

OP lives on allowance.

OP forgot to write "broke" between "real" and "nigga"

But apparently still baller on RS?

http://www.revscene.net/forums/65244...ml#post7823944

Last edited by BallPeenHammer2; 03-12-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #85
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Don't listen to any of these guys...They're dumb and don't know the law.

First rule of traffic court is that if the year of the vehicle is NOT on the ticket, the the ticket CANNOT be issued.

This is pretty clearcut man and don't waste your time dealing with these guys. They don't know anything. Automatic win in court.
Is this true? I have a ticket that the "Year" field is blank.
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #86

doesn't matter. follows license plate number, VIN if they wanna write it down. Those 2 are the definitive components to id'ing a car.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #87
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb.kidz View Post
Is this true? I have a ticket that the "Year" field is blank.
No, he's just dumb.

The year and vehicle info field is in the shaded part - none of it is required to be filled out. A guy on a bicycle could run a red light... no vehicle info to be filled out - it doesn't matter.
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #88
Banned By Establishment

wow, a lot of helpful posts up here....

do you think this guy is a millionaire? he's just trying to get out of a ticket. I had my plates fall off from scraping the ground many times, i didnt know it, i also had my N stolen 10 times, so now i use green tape, noone steals that..
i would try to dispute it, IF you actually did not have it on by accident.
nestea69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #89
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
You're first mistake was posting proof that you knew about the tint and the N on the internet.

You're second mistake was asking other people what to do about it, on the internet.

Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote