REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
Banned By Establishment

Has anybody disputed "Failure to display N" ticket and won?

Long story cops had a checkpoint and I was one of the lucky people they got to f**k out of money today. I got two tickets tickets one for illegal tint on the front windows (usually roll them down before the cop can see them but I didnt see the cop until it was too late) and one for not displaying an N. I tried to get out of it by saying it must have fell off, or got stolen but the cop wasn't buying it. My fault I know but should I waste my time disputing it? Has anybody ever won?

He didnt check my registration so it doesnt say the year of the vehicle on the ticket and its also missing the registered owners part dont know if I have anything here
Advertisement
surreyjack604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Pay your fucking ticket. Jesus. Can we ban threads like this on the Police Forum? There should be a post count limit before you can make a thread on here, to prevent dumbasses like this posting threads whining about a ticket they deserve and they make an account just to whine.

/thread
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
alright surrey jack, you have illegal tint, you wanna fight it, you have no N you wanna fight it.

So doing something wrong doesn't have any consequences in your world?

Man up! pay the fine, and put a "N" on the back. It's not that hard
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHatta View Post
Pay your fucking ticket. Jesus. Can we ban threads like this on the Police Forum? There should be a post count limit before you can make a thread on here, to prevent dumbasses like this posting threads whining about a ticket they deserve and they make an account just to whine.

/thread
Calm the fuck down man I wasn't whining, but you're whining about me supposedly whining so stfu hypocrite/ You have a choice if you want to take part in a discussion you read the title and knew what it was about, next time avoid yourself the trouble douche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
alright surrey jack, you have illegal tint, you wanna fight it, you have no N you wanna fight it.

So doing something wrong doesn't have any consequences in your world?

Man up! pay the fine, and put a "N" on the back. It's not that hard
I only want to fight the no N.

Yes there are consequences but its not like I killed somebody relax bro I'm just trying to save some money. I need the money more than the Government.

I asked a simple question, has anybody ever won?
Old 03-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
This is a question you need to ask yourself.

Did you have no N sign?

If you don't then pay the ticket it's that simple.

The point for disputing a ticket is IF you didn't do it and you can prove it.

Don't fucking waste tax payers money on a piece of shit garbage ticket that doesn't even yield points and is $109.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surreyjack604 View Post
Long story cops had a checkpoint and I was one of the lucky people they got to f**k out of money today. I got two tickets tickets one for illegal tint on the front windows (usually roll them down before the cop can see them but I didnt see the cop until it was too late) and one for not displaying an N. I tried to get out of it by saying it must have fell off, or got stolen but the cop wasn't buying it. My fault I know but should I waste my time disputing it? Has anybody ever won?

He didnt check my registration so it doesnt say the year of the vehicle on the ticket and its also missing the registered owners part dont know if I have anything here
"Shaded areas are not part of the offence charged"..so missing RO info is not fatal to your VT. What is fatal is your attitude. You broke the law, lied, got caught and now you want to dispute it on what grounds........????

I never lost a tint or fail to display VT. Was the window tinted?..you told us yes, was your N displayed...?..you told us no. I don't know of an easier VT to get a conviction on.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #7
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Yes there are consequences but its not like I killed somebody relax bro I'm just trying to save some money. I need the money more than the Government.
If you really need the money more than the government, you should have thought about that before applying your front tint - and you should be checking for your N sign before you get in your car.

It'll be easier for you to get the discount by paying earlier than winning this ticket.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #8
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
This is a question you need to ask yourself.

Did you have no N sign?

If you don't then pay the ticket it's that simple.

The point for disputing a ticket is IF you didn't do it and you can prove it.

Don't fucking waste tax payers money on a piece of shit garbage ticket that doesn't even yield points and is $109.
Like I told the officer I put the N sign on this morning somebody must have stolen it while I was at school, or it could have fallen off. And thats what I'm going to tell the judge

I would be wasting tax payers money but saving my own
Old 03-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #9
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
"Shaded areas are not part of the offence charged"..so missing RO info is not fatal to your VT. What is fatal is your attitude. You broke the law, lied, got caught and now you want to dispute it on what grounds........????

I never lost a tint or fail to display VT. Was the window tinted?..you told us yes, was your N displayed...?..you told us no. I don't know of an easier VT to get a conviction on.
My attitude? Says the dude talking in bold text. I don't appreciate your authoritative tone, officer. You need to take yourself off that invisible pedestal and change your text style.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #10

Quote:
My attitude? Says the dude talking in bold text. I don't appreciate your authoritative tone, officer. You need to take yourself off that invisible pedestal and change your text style.
Yeah, your attitude.

Zulu points out the obvious facts in your little story. He wrote in bold because you probably have trouble reading, since you obviously missed the part on your N lisence when it said "MUST BE DISPLAYED AT ALL TIMES". Don't give me that excuse that it must have fell off, stfu. You kids have a real fucking problem with owning up to your own mistakes. Take this as a lesson learned, remove the tint, and smarten up.

Jesus, it's like I'm chatising my 10 year old nephew. Hopefully he doesn't turn out like you.
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHatta View Post
Yeah, your attitude.

Zulu points out the obvious facts in your little story. He wrote in bold because you probably have trouble reading, since you obviously missed the part on your N lisence when it said "MUST BE DISPLAYED AT ALL TIMES". Don't give me that excuse that it must have fell off, stfu. You kids have a real fucking problem with owning up to your own mistakes. Take this as a lesson learned, remove the tint, and smarten up.

Jesus, it's like I'm chatising my 10 year old nephew. Hopefully he doesn't turn out like you.
First off doesn't take a genius to become a police officer and you prove that since you spelled "LICENSE" wrong. Whats worse me not following some BOGUS law about displaying a stupid sign, or you being an adult, and a police officer, on a forum trying to insult my intelligence. BTW if I had trouble reading I'm sure there is no way I would have been accepted to UBC.

and I'm not going to remove the tints. I'm just going to pay the ticket by mail like my buddy did and not do anything about it. Costs $80 to get them removed anyways. If I want to have tints on it should be my choice because I understand the risks.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,026 Times in 201 Posts
if ur worried so bad about paying just dispute for reduction.. you'll get a way higher deduction then if you pay it early and it will take probably a year for your case to come around.. Or disupte the offense, if cop shows up plead guilty and ask for reduction, if they dont show up then you might be in luck
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
TurboFC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #13
...on a mission....

Quote:
First off doesn't take a genius to become a police officer and you prove that since you spelled "LICENSE" wrong. Whats worse me not following some BOGUS law about displaying a stupid sign, or you being an adult, and a police officer, on a forum trying to insult my intelligence. BTW if I had trouble reading I'm sure there is no way I would have been accepted to UBC.

and I'm not going to remove the tints. I'm just going to pay the ticket by mail like my buddy did and not do anything about it. Costs $80 to get them removed anyways. If I want to have tints on it should be my choice because I understand the risks.
Trolling......... Just ignore this "person"!
Simnut is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
It's funny because he's the one person who probably gave you the best answer based on his actual experiences with disputing such a VT.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #15
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Like I told the officer I put the N sign on this morning somebody must have stolen it while I was at school, or it could have fallen off. And thats what I'm going to tell the judge

I would be wasting tax payers money but saving my own
By what you have said, you have already LOST YOUR CASE.

You know why?

The judge will clearly ask, did you CHECK FOR YOUR N SIGN when you left the school. It's not anyones duty but YOUR OWN to check when you drive off the lot.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
fd3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Hahahahahahha

i guess u didnt need this thread if u solved ur own question...

Posted via RS Mobile
fd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #17
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
By what you have said, you have already LOST YOUR CASE.

You know why?

The judge will clearly ask, did you CHECK FOR YOUR N SIGN when you left the school. It's not anyones duty but YOUR OWN to check when you drive off the lot.
Yes I did, so it must have fallen off while I was driving. Mystery solved, case won.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #18
Who's naughty? I___i

^it's not a waste of your time but it is a waste of the system's time.
Szeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #19

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
your attitude sucks because you came in here asking stupid questions...

Dont want to pay the stupid ticket?? Then dont get the stupid fucking ticket in the first place.

Your resposibility to have the N clearly displayed on your vehicle.

This thread was over before you posted it, the way you respond you already have a concrete answer in your head.
TjAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Yes I did, so it must have fallen off while I was driving. Mystery solved, case won.
If only life were actually like that...

I would just pay the ticket, think of it this way.. you have to go out of your way to go to court that day. What if you are scheduled for work? Would you take the day off work to fight a $100 ticket? Either way you'll be out money, and if you lose your case (which seems likely) you'll be out a days work + the cost of the ticket.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #21
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
He's a surrey jack, watch out guys

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #22
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
what's the matter? Won't pay your fine because you want to buy yourself another pair of designer jeans?

... i don't know what kind of sign you have, but those things do not fall of just like that
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #23
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Shouldn't have wasted $ getting illegal tint on your windows eh?

If you didn't you'd only have one ticket; and yea just please pay the failure to display N ticket. And we wonder why it takes so long for us to dispute tickets.. cause morons like you dispute tickets that shouldn't be disputed.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #24
Banned (ABWS)

His username was all i needed to read to know what was going to happen here...

His Profile:
Rules: Buy & Sell (y/n)
y
Gender (m/f)
m
Occupation
real nigga
School
UBC
Vehicle
m3
Interests
nothing
Hobbies
nothing
Homepage
twitter.com
Affiliation
not the canucks

Watch out, he has a job as a "real nigga"

Last edited by doma; 03-08-2012 at 07:24 PM.
doma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #25
Banned By Establishment

I think I'm just gonna pay it