REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #51
Banned By Establishment

[quote=zulutango;7823855]Like I told the officer I put the N sign on this morning somebody must have stolen it while I was at school, or it could have fallen off. And thats what I'm going to tell the judge

BTW, there is a chance that the Cop who gave you a ticket might even print out your posts here where you tell us that you are going to be lying under oath and see how the JP likes them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post

And, as a closer, about my spelling of "licence"....an educated person like yourself may like to know that licence, with a "C" is another way to spelling it...at least according to the Service Canada website...and I quote

Driver's Licence

A valid driver’s licence is required to drive in every province and territory.

Visit your provincial or territorial Web site for more information:

The spelling with the "C" is the accepted Canadian/British spelling, the spelling with the "S" is the US spell check version. Like "colour" with a "U".
You spelt it "lisence" though and i was technically correct still....I actually did type "licence" but my tablet is from the states so it must have autocorrected to the American spelling of "license".
Advertisement
surreyjack604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #52
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatune View Post
If you actually look on your driver's licence you'll see that it IS spelled "licence".

You are why Surrey is so ghetto.
If you take a look at his post you will see he wrote "lisence"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
Just go borrow parents' credit card and pay the fine dude.

In case you're wondering where it is, its the same credit card they bought that M3 with and sent your ass to UBC with kids these days ...
You don't know me, or anything about me, yet you know everything.

Besides you shouldn't be worried about me clearly I'm doing fuckin great. How you doin over there bro???
Old 03-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #53
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

i came into this thread for a good laugh. thank you OP.
ursher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #54
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surreyjack604 View Post
If you take a look at his post you will see he wrote "lisence"

You don't know me, or anything about me, yet you know everything.

Besides you shouldn't be worried about me clearly I'm doing fuckin great. How you doin over there bro???
its people like you that makes surrey look bad
Old 03-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #55
fd3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^ haha
Posted via RS Mobile
fd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #56
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Besides you shouldn't be worried about me clearly I'm doing fuckin great How you doin over there bro???
Clearly...
Posted via RS Mobile
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #57
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Welcome to Revscene!
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #58
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
If you're doing "great" you wouldn't be bitching and asking questions about disputing a ticket that you deserve. Move along and be forgotten or become famous like :noob:

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #59
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
If you're doing "great" you wouldn't be bitching and asking questions about disputing a ticket that you deserve. Move along and be forgotten or become famous like :noob:
I quit bitching hours ago you're the only one thats bitching now.

bitch.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #60
Who's naughty? I___i

^if you seek advice, be ready to get flamed ... anyways, glad you decided to pay it and not add any more burden to the court system.

welcome to RS and have fun!
Szeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #61
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Yes I did, so it must have fallen off while I was driving. Mystery solved, case won.
Case not won.
Was it present when the police officer checked the back of your car?
No.
So therefore you did not have a N displayed when it mattered, no matter what your reasoning may be there's no way to prove that it had actually fallen off or something.

Only way I can see you winning this is by disputing and praying that the officer whom gave you the ticket pulls a no show. However if he shows up then most likely you'd have to pay the full amount, if lucky they might give you a discount for being a student? But I personally don't see why you would deserve it.
mqin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #62
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Long story cops had a checkpoint and I was one of the lucky people they got to f**k out of money today. I got two tickets tickets one for illegal tint on the front windows (usually roll them down before the cop can see them but I didnt see the cop until it was too late) and one for not displaying an N. I tried to get out of it by saying it must have fell off, or got stolen but the cop wasn't buying it. My fault I know but should I waste my time disputing it? Has anybody ever won?

He didnt check my registration so it doesnt say the year of the vehicle on the ticket and its also missing the registered owners part dont know if I have anything here
Didn't read this thread but I'll try and help.

When I still had my N a while back I got 8 tickets on it..
- 3x no N ticket
- 3x no front plate
- Loud exhaust
- Crossing solid lane

Disputed all of them. Never heard back about most of the tickets. Just ended up paying one no N ticket for not showing up in court. Showed up in court for two cases. Judge reduced one ticket to $60, for the second case cop didn't even show up so it was waived.

See if I paid those tickets I probably would be rolling on my N still.

If you have your N and pay for 2-3 tickets, it will go into the system right away. Your license will be suspended for 3 months and and you'll have to start your 2 year term all over again. I know of 4 different people that this has happened to. If you dispute a ticket you will get a letter in the mail which can take up to a year. So even if you dispute the ticket and you decide to pay it won't have to be for a year. For me It wasn't to avoid paying, because I would have paid them, it was just to buy some extra time to take the class 5.

no I don't live in Surrey

Last edited by 1exotic; 03-09-2012 at 12:39 AM.
1exotic is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #63
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
hey op, do you rock one of them surrey jack haircuts
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #64

Quote:
I quit bitching hours ago you're the only one thats bitching now.
Yup.. I'm bitching cause I'm the one with the failure to display N sign ticket that I didn't wanna pay.
:noob:

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #65
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #66
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Yup.. I'm bitching cause I'm the one with the failure to display N sign ticket that I didn't wanna pay.
:noob:
If you don't wanna do the time, don't do the crime. Pretty simple.

It's just a little sign. What's the big deal? There are much better things in life to be petty about.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #67
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,273 Times in 275 Posts
Quote:
Long story cops had a checkpoint and I was one of the lucky people they got to f**k out of money today. I got two tickets tickets one for illegal tint on the front windows (usually roll them down before the cop can see them but I didnt see the cop until it was too late) and one for not displaying an N. I tried to get out of it by saying it must have fell off, or got stolen but the cop wasn't buying it. My fault I know but should I waste my time disputing it? Has anybody ever won?

He didnt check my registration so it doesnt say the year of the vehicle on the ticket and its also missing the registered owners part dont know if I have anything here
If you're in the GLP just dispute them both, because chances are you're going to face a suspension if you've been suspended previously. Offences that carry 0 points can still get you suspended if you are on probation, so you really have nothing to lose.

You have 30 days from the violation date to dispute, so I would suggest you wait till the 29th day to go in to dispute to buy yourself as much time as possible. (make sure the 29th day isn't on a day the driver licensing center is closed) Mark your calender.

It usually takes 6 months to a year to process the dispute and give you a court date, so hopefully you'll have booked and completed your Class 5 by then. Whether you chose to show up to the court date or not is entirely up to you when you get your date in the mail. If you haven't received your class 5 by then, I would suggest you go and hope the officer doesn't show up (in which you're off the hook completely). If the officer does show up, you can try to politely ask for a reduced fine if you're going to school, and plead guilty.

If you do obtain your class 5 before your court date, you can either just forget about showing up if you dont care about the money, or you can still have the option to show up to see if the officer doesn't show up or try to get the fine reduced. That is entirely up to you. Either way you have absolutely nothing to lose.

edit:

The moment you pay for the violation ticket it will be entered into the system and icbc will be notified when the violation gets attached onto your Drivers License #.

So long as you don't pay for it within those 30 days, and dispute the violation, there will be no record of the ticket on your record with icbc. This is because the ICBC doesn't get notified of your ticket until youre found guilty. (Innocent until proven guilty). Thats why they have to provide you with a traffic court date.

Paying the fine is also an immediate plea of guilt.

This is solely to stall/buy time so you can get your class 5
after that you won't have to worry about suspension from these tickets

2004 E46 M3
2001 WRX STi (sold)
2003 Supercharged 350z (sold)
1991 R32 GTR (sold)
2000 Civic SiR (sold)
1990 Civic Si-T (sold)
1986 MK1 Mr2 (sold)
2005 GSX-R 750 (sold)
2003 CBR 600RR (sold)
2007 Ducati 1098 track (sold)
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R (track build)

Last edited by fT-z33wor; 03-09-2012 at 10:58 AM.
fT-z33wor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #68
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by fT-z33wor View Post
If you're in the GLP just dispute them both, because chances are you're going to face a suspension if you've been suspended previously. Offences that carry 0 points can still get you suspended if you are on probation, so you really have nothing to lose.

You have 30 days from the violation date to dispute, so I would suggest you wait till the 29th day to go in to dispute to buy yourself as much time as possible. (make sure the 29th day isn't on a day the driver licensing center is closed) Mark your calender.

It usually takes 6 months to a year to process the dispute and give you a court date, so hopefully you'll have booked and completed your Class 5 by then. Whether you chose to show up to the court date or not is entirely up to you when you get your date in the mail. If you haven't received your class 5 by then, I would suggest you go and hope the officer doesn't show up (in which you're off the hook completely). If the officer does show up, you can try to politely ask for a reduced fine if you're going to school, and plead guilty.

If you do obtain your class 5 before your court date, you can either just forget about showing up if you dont care about the money, or you can still have the option to show up to see if the officer doesn't show up or try to get the fine reduced. That is entirely up to you. Either way you have absolutely nothing to lose.

edit:

The moment you pay for the violation ticket it will be entered into the system and icbc will be notified when the violation gets attached onto your Drivers License #.

So long as you don't pay for it within those 30 days, and dispute the violation, there will be no record of the ticket on your record with icbc. This is because the ICBC doesn't get notified of your ticket until youre found guilty. (Innocent until proven guilty). Thats why they have to provide you with a traffic court date.

Paying the fine is also an immediate plea of guilt.

This is solely to stall/buy time so you can get your class 5
after that you won't have to worry about suspension from these tickets
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Didn't read this thread but I'll try and help.

When I still had my N a while back I got 8 tickets on it..
- 3x no N ticket
- 3x no front plate
- Loud exhaust
- Crossing solid lane

Disputed all of them. Never heard back about most of the tickets. Just ended up paying one no N ticket for not showing up in court. Showed up in court for two cases. Judge reduced one ticket to $60, for the second case cop didn't even show up so it was waived.

See if I paid those tickets I probably would be rolling on my N still.

If you have your N and pay for 2-3 tickets, it will go into the system right away. Your license will be suspended for 3 months and and you'll have to start your 2 year term all over again. I know of 4 different people that this has happened to. If you dispute a ticket you will get a letter in the mail which can take up to a year. So even if you dispute the ticket and you decide to pay it won't have to be for a year. For me It wasn't to avoid paying, because I would have paid them, it was just to buy some extra time to take the class 5.

no I don't live in Surrey
Thanks I didn't know you could still get your licence suspended even if the offences carried no points. I had my licence suspended for 90 days in 2010 for excessive speed and and had to restart the process once already. I can get my class 5 in October so I will definitely be disputing it.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #69
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Don't listen to any of these guys...They're dumb and don't know the law.

First rule of traffic court is that if the year of the vehicle is NOT on the ticket, the the ticket CANNOT be issued.

This is pretty clearcut man and don't waste your time dealing with these guys. They don't know anything. Automatic win in court.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #70
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Thanks I didn't know you could still get your licence suspended even if the offences carried no points. I had my licence suspended for 90 days in 2010 for excessive speed and and had to restart the process once already. I can get my class 5 in October so I will definitely be disputing it.
Yep that's what you gotta do.

If you get your license suspended for the second time I think its 6 months - 1 year!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #71

1exotic, you saved surreyjack

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #72
Banned (ABWS)

I wish you didn't save him, seems like a real douche bag, he deserves the suspension.
Posted via RS Mobile
doma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #73

Quote:
1exotic, you saved surreyjack
Where's my recognition lol

2004 E46 M3
2001 WRX STi (sold)
1991 R32 GTR (sold)
2000 Civic SiR (sold)
1990 Civic Si-T (sold)
1986 MK1 Mr2 (sold)
2005 GSX-R 750 (sold)
2003 CBR 600RR (sold)
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #74
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by doma View Post
I wish you didn't save him, seems like a real douche bag, he deserves the suspension.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by doma View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
While I agree with the MVA offences affecting your privillege to drive. I disagree with how some parts of Graduate License Program is internally structured.

I think if an individual is on probation with ICBC, only Motor Vehicle Act offences should be considered into account of whether their license should be prohibited or not.

Not having your N displayed and a window tint violation, in my opinions is neither dangerous to you or others on the road. Neither or these two violations are under the Motor Vehicle Act, but under the Motor Vehicle Act Regulations (correct me if I'm wrong). Violation of MVAR is not an immediate danger to public safety in any sort of manner.

This is what seems rather unjust, and it just seems like a money grab (from license reinstation fees, etc). It also forces people to restart their time in the GLP even though they may not necessarily be a high risk driver, it tends to lump everyone into one big category.

2004 E46 M3
2001 WRX STi (sold)
1991 R32 GTR (sold)
2000 Civic SiR (sold)
1990 Civic Si-T (sold)
1986 MK1 Mr2 (sold)
2005 GSX-R 750 (sold)
2003 CBR 600RR (sold)

Last edited by fT-z33wor; 03-09-2012 at 02:45 PM.
This post thanked by: