REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   March Madness 2012 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/664490-march-madness-2012-a.html)

bballguy 03-11-2012 09:54 PM

March Madness 2012

March Madness is just around the corner!!! Once the tournament has started, do a print-screen of your selections and post it on here....Until then, just discuss about how this is the best time of the year in the sports world...NCAA March Madness tournament tops any other championship tournament of any sport.

Here's a little reminder of last year's madness:

Jegz 03-11-2012 11:11 PM

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces...-do-here-l.png

bballguy 03-11-2012 11:28 PM

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised...Usually everyone gets in on the madness, even those who aren't sports enthusiasts...I must've started this thread a few days early or something...

NLY 03-11-2012 11:35 PM

March Madness > NBA

Defense for 40 minutes, no fancy dunks/entertainment antics. March Madness is about nail biters, players leaving it all on the court and cinderella stories. There are no re-do's and second chances, you lose? you go home. March madness symbolizes how sports should be. Fuck the off court drama and contract talks, ITS ALL ABOUT BASKETBALL.

http://i.imgur.com/x6LHS.jpg

Kentucky FTW & no I'm not just saying that because they're ranked #1. The talent on that team ... :bowdown:

We're see how far Subzero/Seth Curry/Kelly and the Plumlee brothers can lead Duke, Mizzou is scary good with their guard play, Ohio State has Jared, Bufford and Thomas, Carolina has potential with Zeller, Barnes and Henson. Syracuse has the canadian Kris Joseph playing like a star and Michigan State with Draymond Green and Izzo's hard nosed defense.

I played highschool basketball with Rob Sacre & K Pangos, awesome guys and hopefully they sneak in the dance.

Work production for this month will be minimal!

LET THE MADNESS BEGINNNN!!

NLY 03-11-2012 11:52 PM

NCAA Basketball Fans > NBA fans

Splmash 03-12-2012 01:14 AM

It's going to be lonely this year without Morehead St.

Kentucky should win it.

bballguy 03-12-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizo (Post 7826833)
I played highschool basketball with Rob Sacre

With, or against?? My team played against his team once, and I watched him play several times back in high school...He wasn't very good back then...he was a big, ripped, athletic body, with a real soft touch, and a very nice free throw for a guy his size. No big surprise though that his skills were not polished since most big guys don't seem to grow into their feet and learn proper footwork until later in their college years.

DanHibiki 03-12-2012 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizo (Post 7826846)

lol @ 00:45, that player in the blue getting trampled. Insult to injury.

falcon 03-12-2012 03:57 AM

Yeah March Madness.... better than EVERY other sports tourny. You're fucking crazy. What about the NHL Playoffs, Euro Cup or Champions League etc.... It's good bball but to call it the "best" playoff series is crazy.

Vansterdam 03-12-2012 05:47 AM

:wgaf:

bballguy 03-12-2012 08:10 AM

I put this in 'off-topic' instead of the sports forums because, like I said, even those who aren't sports enthusiasts get into it with making brackets...If mods could move this back into 'off-topic', that would be nice.

bballguy 03-12-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon (Post 7826964)
Yeah March Madness.... better than EVERY other sports tourny. You're fucking crazy. What about the NHL Playoffs, Euro Cup or Champions League etc.... It's good bball but to call it the "best" playoff series is crazy.

After a quick google search, you will realize that a lot of people would agree with me when I say that the MM tournament is the best tournament in all sports. You may not agree with me, but you definitely can't call me crazy for believing that....

'The Ultimate Sports List' ranks the NCAA Final 4 as the 5th best sporting event based on fan votes, with only the Summer Olympics, FIFA World Cup, Super Bowl, and Masters ahead of it. The Stanley Cup Finals rank at 14th, Champions League Final at 22nd,

NLY 03-12-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 7826923)
With, or against?? My team played against his team once, and I watched him play several times back in high school...He wasn't very good back then...he was a big, ripped, athletic body, with a real soft touch, and a very nice free throw for a guy his size. No big surprise though that his skills were not polished since most big guys don't seem to grow into their feet and learn proper footwork until later in their college years.

I played against his team plenty of times in camps/ provincial tournaments. We were also team mates on a club team down in Portland Oregon and Nike center of performance in San Diego.

We still keep in touch and the kid is an absolute beast. The amount of potential Rob has is huge, he's just needs the proper training and I could see him lasting in the league. He's got an underrated mid range jumper and he's a work horse on the defensive side. I could see him as a Tyson Chandler-esque player, cleaning up boards and blocking shots.

He's also joking about playing in the NFL like his dad if he doesn't make it in the NBA. He's got a great future ahead of it that's for sure.

bballguy 03-12-2012 10:17 PM

Did you go to high school in Ontario or BC?

He'll make the league based on his size alone. How long he stays there will definitely depend on how polished his skills get over time, but he definitely has all the tools, and seems to have the work ethic. Ah, the life of a 7-footer....sigh...

NLY 03-12-2012 10:29 PM

I went to Martingrove in Toronto, got a scholarship to play for the Carleton Ravens but torn my ACL and MCL snowboarding. Despite surgery, I never really got my first step back so I pursued other facets at the University of Toronto.

Rob has a great work ethic when it comes to preparation in the off-season. He's never not in shape and is always striving to get better. It's always great to know you have a big man grabbing all the defensive boards and all I have to do is sprint down the court for easy baskets. Another undervalued attribute of Rob is that he sets SOLID screens which allows wide up jump shots/easy lay ups.

roflwaffle604 03-13-2012 05:09 PM

WOW! Western Kentucky down 16 with 4:52 left comes back to win the game by 1!

And BYU overcomes a 25 point deficit to win. hooooolyyy a couple of crazy games to start of March Madness 2012!

bballguy 03-15-2012 10:16 AM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...55764275_n.jpg

welfare 04-05-2012 05:13 AM

anybody know where i can DL the kentucky vs kansas game? i didn't get to watch it and can't seem to find it
please..