REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
March Madness 2012

March Madness is just around the corner!!! Once the tournament has started, do a print-screen of your selections and post it on here....Until then, just discuss about how this is the best time of the year in the sports world...NCAA March Madness tournament tops any other championship tournament of any sport.

Here's a little reminder of last year's madness:
Advertisement

Last edited by bballguy; 03-11-2012 at 10:56 PM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #2
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,179 Times in 229 Posts
Old 03-11-2012, 11:28 PM   #3

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised...Usually everyone gets in on the madness, even those who aren't sports enthusiasts...I must've started this thread a few days early or something...
Old 03-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #4
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so

Thanked 1,756 Times in 278 Posts
March Madness > NBA

Defense for 40 minutes, no fancy dunks/entertainment antics. March Madness is about nail biters, players leaving it all on the court and cinderella stories. There are no re-do's and second chances, you lose? you go home. March madness symbolizes how sports should be. Fuck the off court drama and contract talks, ITS ALL ABOUT BASKETBALL.

Kentucky FTW & no I'm not just saying that because they're ranked #1. The talent on that team ...

We're see how far Subzero/Seth Curry/Kelly and the Plumlee brothers can lead Duke, Mizzou is scary good with their guard play, Ohio State has Jared, Bufford and Thomas, Carolina has potential with Zeller, Barnes and Henson. Syracuse has the canadian Kris Joseph playing like a star and Michigan State with Draymond Green and Izzo's hard nosed defense.

I played highschool basketball with Rob Sacre & K Pangos, awesome guys and hopefully they sneak in the dance.

Work production for this month will be minimal!

LET THE MADNESS BEGINNNN!!

2016-2017 Revscene Fantasy Basketball Champion

Last edited by NLY; 03-12-2012 at 12:57 AM.
NLY is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #5
NLY

NCAA Basketball Fans > NBA fans

This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2012, 01:14 AM   #6
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

It's going to be lonely this year without Morehead St.

Kentucky should win it.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizo View Post
I played highschool basketball with Rob Sacre
With, or against?? My team played against his team once, and I watched him play several times back in high school...He wasn't very good back then...he was a big, ripped, athletic body, with a real soft touch, and a very nice free throw for a guy his size. No big surprise though that his skills were not polished since most big guys don't seem to grow into their feet and learn proper footwork until later in their college years.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:35 AM   #8
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
lol @ 00:45, that player in the blue getting trampled. Insult to injury.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:57 AM   #9
My homepage has been set to RS

Yeah March Madness.... better than EVERY other sports tourny. You're fucking crazy. What about the NHL Playoffs, Euro Cup or Champions League etc.... It's good bball but to call it the "best" playoff series is crazy.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:47 AM   #10
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #11

I put this in 'off-topic' instead of the sports forums because, like I said, even those who aren't sports enthusiasts get into it with making brackets...If mods could move this back into 'off-topic', that would be nice.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
Yeah March Madness.... better than EVERY other sports tourny. You're fucking crazy. What about the NHL Playoffs, Euro Cup or Champions League etc.... It's good bball but to call it the "best" playoff series is crazy.
After a quick google search, you will realize that a lot of people would agree with me when I say that the MM tournament is the best tournament in all sports. You may not agree with me, but you definitely can't call me crazy for believing that....

'The Ultimate Sports List' ranks the NCAA Final 4 as the 5th best sporting event based on fan votes, with only the Summer Olympics, FIFA World Cup, Super Bowl, and Masters ahead of it. The Stanley Cup Finals rank at 14th, Champions League Final at 22nd,
Old 03-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #13
NLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
With, or against?? My team played against his team once, and I watched him play several times back in high school...He wasn't very good back then...he was a big, ripped, athletic body, with a real soft touch, and a very nice free throw for a guy his size. No big surprise though that his skills were not polished since most big guys don't seem to grow into their feet and learn proper footwork until later in their college years.
I played against his team plenty of times in camps/ provincial tournaments. We were also team mates on a club team down in Portland Oregon and Nike center of performance in San Diego.

We still keep in touch and the kid is an absolute beast. The amount of potential Rob has is huge, he's just needs the proper training and I could see him lasting in the league. He's got an underrated mid range jumper and he's a work horse on the defensive side. I could see him as a Tyson Chandler-esque player, cleaning up boards and blocking shots.

He's also joking about playing in the NFL like his dad if he doesn't make it in the NBA. He's got a great future ahead of it that's for sure.

Last edited by NLY; 03-12-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #14

Did you go to high school in Ontario or BC?

He'll make the league based on his size alone. How long he stays there will definitely depend on how polished his skills get over time, but he definitely has all the tools, and seems to have the work ethic. Ah, the life of a 7-footer....sigh...
Old 03-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #15
NLY

I went to Martingrove in Toronto, got a scholarship to play for the Carleton Ravens but torn my ACL and MCL snowboarding. Despite surgery, I never really got my first step back so I pursued other facets at the University of Toronto.

Rob has a great work ethic when it comes to preparation in the off-season. He's never not in shape and is always striving to get better. It's always great to know you have a big man grabbing all the defensive boards and all I have to do is sprint down the court for easy baskets. Another undervalued attribute of Rob is that he sets SOLID screens which allows wide up jump shots/easy lay ups.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
WOW! Western Kentucky down 16 with 4:52 left comes back to win the game by 1!

And BYU overcomes a 25 point deficit to win. hooooolyyy a couple of crazy games to start of March Madness 2012!

Last edited by roflwaffle604; 03-13-2012 at 10:12 PM.
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #17

Old 04-05-2012, 05:13 AM   #18
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
anybody know where i can DL the kentucky vs kansas game? i didn't get to watch it and can't seem to find it
please..
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote