REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:48 AM   #101
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Has anyone else ever hallucinated when falling asleep? Like you leave your light on when you fall asleep, then go to turn it off, and see shit that isn't there?

When it happened to me once, I went to turn off my lamp, and there was this giant spider with hundreds of legs crawling towards my hand

And a few weeks ago sleeping in a capsule hotel, I opened my eyes and saw a gecko crawling around above my face...

The last one might have been real though, but it is not quite the right environment for geckos in there

BTW for those who "don't dream anymore" or can't remember them, try taking GPC choline and/or DMAE
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #102
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
you think this is actually true?
no it's bullshit, haven't heard of anyone going mental after obe...

reason why i think you start hallucinating scary shit is because your initial response is fear since you can't move anything and then you start imagining things. If you can get yourself to be calm with this i'm sure you can imagine a bunch of nice girls around you as well..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
You know what else is creepier than sleep paralysis?

Waking up in the middle of the night completely wide awake as if you just closed your eyes and opened them a second late. It happens to me occasionally and absolutely creeps me the fuck out. There's no tiredness, no grogginess, nothing.
you're just waking up when your sleeping cycle ended, you have like 6 cycles throughout your night

for me i've never experienced sleep paralysis, but i'm sure one day i will and then i'll report back lol
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #103
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Spoiler!

thanks ill give it a shot, when i was younger the only thing i could do was change the dream setting like if i was in a nightmare i could change it to something more pleasant =]
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #104

and for anyone that wants to explore about the dream world i suggest you read this entire article, it's not just obe's

OBE OOBE Out of Body Experience FAQ Frequently asked questions answered
Old 03-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #105
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:
You know what else is creepier than sleep paralysis?

Waking up in the middle of the night completely wide awake as if you just closed your eyes and opened them a second late. It happens to me occasionally and absolutely creeps me the fuck out. There's no tiredness, no grogginess, nothing.
I find that usually happens if I REALLY NEED TO GO PEE
Old 03-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #106
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,026 Times in 201 Posts
last night i dreamed i was at my old high school and the world was in a zombie apocalypse , then i had no other weapons except a pair of nunchucks , was very odd..
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
TurboFC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #107
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFC3S View Post
last night i dreamed i was at my old high school and the world was in a zombie apocalypse , then i had no other weapons except a pair of nunchucks , was very odd..
Did you win?
Old 03-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
Did you win?
i did actually, if i didn't it would have defiantly quickly turned into a nightmare lol
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
Old 03-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #109
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
yeah it's easy... start with a dream log

everyday write your dreams down, asap. if you have time do it immediately when u wake up or realised you dream.

u can write down notes if you're time constrained and come back later

but the important thing is to write them down when you remember, cuz if you dont... you'll probably forget lol

as you do this, your dream recall will strengthen and most nights you'll be able to remember multiple dreams.

it helps to track backwards, sometimes you'll remember dreams or scenes from earlier.

after you master recall, which could take a long time (and the skill disappears really quickly if you stop practicing), you can start to practice lucidity... realising you're in a dream.

there's tons of techniques for that. most require you to train yourself to have a new habit of checking watches twice, or just being aware you're dreaming. or being aware of strange things. this is very hard. but that's a whole nother topic.

then after gaining lucidity, you can start practicing how to use dream powers. such as flying, or using "the force"... or whatever else you can think of. creating things out of thin air. etc
Serious question...
so is it actually possible to "train" your brain so that you have a personal army with you in the dream? (like in Inception)
Old 03-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #110
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFC3S View Post
But the all time shittiest moment of dreaming is where you have a shitload of money or somthing awesome , then realize your waking up and try to put it in your pockets or hold onto it and wakeup.. and say, SHIT! lol
or you're about to get it on with this smoking hot model and then BAM! Alarm clock wakes you up

Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #111

Quote:
or you're about to get it on with this smoking hot model and then BAM! Alarm clock wakes you up

68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
Old 03-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post
Serious question...
so is it actually possible to "train" your brain so that you have a personal army with you in the dream? (like in Inception)
why would you need an army? Christopher Nolan is right in some aspects of lucid dreaming, since after all, he created the movie being a lucid dreamer himself.. However, movie is also fictional..

Nobody would want to hack away at your thoughts anyway
Old 03-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #113
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

When it happened to me once, I went to turn off my lamp, and there was this giant spider with hundreds of legs crawling towards my hand
that's so weird - i've had that happen to me a few times pretty recently actually.

in other recent instances, i "wake up", not paralyzed, and then as i'm looking up at my ceiling black branches start growing rapidly into my field of vision and start sprouting leaves and other branches. then i distinctly remember that every time this happens, i say "what the fuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk??" really loudly then i go back to sleep.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:10 AM   #114

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Just had another experience today in my nap. I was sleeping and suddenly two hands were formed around my wrists, which appeared to be another persons hand grabbing onto my wrist. It was pulling me out of my body. While this was happening, I feel another set of hands pushing my feet into my body.

After a moment, I feel myself flying diagonally into the air. All black, no vision of anything. It appears I can create things out of my mind. Every time I wanted a step to step on to jump start myself higher into the air, I could.

It ended so smoothly where the hands pulling me setting me back into my body.

Other similar experience I have with these were a chair, shaped like a person with a hand on the armrest locking my wrist in would take me flying in the air. It just feels so experimental, not even dreamy or anything. It feels like I got blind-folded and sent flying in the air.

Also would like to add that, I find these experience easy to achieve if I was very very tired. I would get in bed and my body would instantly go to rest. But because I am still aware of my surrounding, that's when I start feeling it.

I still remember the very first time it started. I was super tired, got into bed, felt paralyzed and instantly, the image of my room appeared with my eyes closed and then later, I was in my room with full control of myself. As I kept on practicing this, I came to believe that my spirit has left my body and entered a projected world. And the more I did this, the more I realized that during this process, evil spirits can intercept your spirit or invade your unprotected physical body. That is when I started experiencing invasion in my sleep.

Going to sleep with a peace of mind really helps. But if during the day, I did something I feel guilty about, or something out of hate, it becomes a weakness when I go to sleep and them evil spirits uses it to get at you.

I can go on but it'll take a whole book to explain the things I've been through in my sleep.

Last edited by mr_chin; 03-21-2012 at 02:40 AM.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:32 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by pK-diU- View Post
that's so weird - i've had that happen to me a few times pretty recently actually.

in other recent instances, i "wake up", not paralyzed, and then as i'm looking up at my ceiling black branches start growing rapidly into my field of vision and start sprouting leaves and other branches. then i distinctly remember that every time this happens, i say "what the fuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk??" really loudly then i go back to sleep.
It happened again last night.. woke up just a few minutes after initially falling asleep. This time I was lucid, so I was kind of expecting to see a hallucination. So I look up at my room which is not pitch black, and see little insects flying all over the room, leaving trails of black streaks behind them. Since I knew it was a hallucination, I didn't get startled or anything. Just enjoyed the 2 second show, and fell back asleep

Started taking DMAE again, so should be getting more cool dreams and shit. Will be taking GPC Choline soon too.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #116
G
Banned (BBM)

When alarm goes off and you wake up and do all the shit you need to do but then you ACTUALLY wake up and you have to do it all over again......
Posted via RS Mobile
G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #117
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Ive had my share of sleep paralysis. Only happens wen my sleep scheduled is messed.

Any1 dreamt with their eyes open? I wake up from my dream but i see parts of the dream still going on. Its when im concentrating hard to see "is dis real lyfe" that it disappears
Posted via RS Mobile
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It happened again last night.. woke up just a few minutes after initially falling asleep. This time I was lucid, so I was kind of expecting to see a hallucination. So I look up at my room which is not pitch black, and see little insects flying all over the room, leaving trails of black streaks behind them. Since I knew it was a hallucination, I didn't get startled or anything. Just enjoyed the 2 second show, and fell back asleep

Started taking DMAE again, so should be getting more cool dreams and shit. Will be taking GPC Choline soon too.
isn't dmae a cream? i think choline bitartrate or citrate should work just as well, gpc is too expensive
Old 03-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
isn't dmae a cream? i think choline bitartrate or citrate should work just as well, gpc is too expensive
DMAE can be sold as a cream for skin, but it is also a supplement for choline production.

choline chelates aren't as effective as GPC, as they don't pass the blood brain barrier as easily. You generally would have to take 4x-5x the amount of choline to come close to the same effect. And that puts it in the 4g - 5g a day. That would still be cheaper, but at that dosage you ARE going to have problems with "choline breath" (smells like rotten fish) and diarrhea.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #120
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science

i lucid dream almost nightly and i remember almost all my dreams. ive been practicing lucid dreaming since i was a teenager. my dreams have always been crazy vivid and i can feel everything that happens in a dream. i keep a dream journal and look up dream meanings very often. lucid dreaming makes me extremely tired and because i do it so often, i'm able to sleep for 12+ hours.

the thing that gets me usually is if i'm doing something that i don't know how to do in real life. something common for me is dreaming of driving a car alone, flying a plane or helicopter. when i go "hey, i cant do this in real life!" for some reason i almost crash into another vehicle if im driving a car or experience major turbulence when i'm flying a plane/helicopter. i have to hand over the trust of knowing what to do to my "dream self" for the dream to go on.. this is easy because all i have to do in my dream is take a deep breath and go "don't worry, you got this!"

i've also managed to make myself fly during lucid dreaming. say i'm getting chased and the point of realization hits like "hey im dreaming i can do whatever the fuck i want!" and i go OK FLY! and jump into the air and it just does it for me.
err the manner of flying right now is more how Kirby floats.. not so much graceful arms spread out, soaring like a bird type thing....yet

i'm also able to manifest my energy in the form of an electric current if i feel that i am in danger in a dream. this is by far the most fun thing that i've been able to do currently.
i feel like Pikachu
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #121

ok i am thinking of taking a couple of past life regression sessions and reiki sessions in the future

if anyone wants to go with me
Old 03-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #122
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,859 Times in 254 Posts
Quote:
ok i am thinking of taking a couple of past life regression sessions and reiki sessions in the future

what is that?
JoshuaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #123
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
reading about your dreams...

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #124
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science

Quote:

when? i'm down! past life regression sounds awesome!
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:22 AM   #125
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Had the worst demon dream ever yday lol, fucking woke up out of breathe and sweating, had an panick attack for the first time in years lol..... I was having a good day/sleep too wtf? Ahah
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote