REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #201
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
my teeth......... they fall out :C
I had a freakier version of that when i was a kid, had a dream my tooth fell out and somehow i swallowed it and choked to death then i woke up scared and my tooth actually fell out
Advertisement
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #202
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

one time i had a dream of playing cs and i was at long and got shot in the chest and woke up holding my chest =[ worst dream ever

tilt your head back and using your hand pretend to shake a salt shaker in your mouth... you will notice that it will actually taste like salt in your mouth..
elwell is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #203
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
beginning to be able to my control dreams... pretty intense. the other day i was caught in one of those frozen dreams where you cant move and i realized i was dreaming. i then got up, jumped out the window and started flying LOL sounds retarded but, it was pretty amazing.

when im dreaming, i will shake my hand in front of my face and if the motion is extremely blurred; i am dreaming. another way i check is to look at my phone. if i press a button on my phone and the screen is blank; i am dreaming.
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #204
G
Banned (BBM)

^Another method to know if you are in a dream is by counting with to 5 with your fingers. If you can't do it, you are in a dream
G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #205
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
there's a billion ways to tell if you're dreaming, but that's not the trick.

the trick is to REALISE you're dreaming... AND then to remember to do those things to verify.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2012, 07:09 AM   #206
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
I've dreamt a few times now that I'm golfing and just can't feel comfortable over a tee shot. I move the ball several times, adjust my stance and never end up feeling good over the ball. After what feels like 10 minutes of embarassing myself in front of an ever-growing crowd of golfers I finally swing awkwardly and hit a terrible shot... I usually wake up right after. Happened this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #207
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I had a dream where myself and two friend were in what seemed to be an abandoned mansion or something. No lights except for the moon and we ended up in a dining room of sorts. I knew the whole time that if we were caught, we'd be dead, not sure who would catch us... I just remember panicking because they weren't wanting to leave and I had a feeling that someone was just outside the door.
Woke up super scared..
Posted via RS Mobile
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #208
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,171 Times in 2,404 Posts
Happened to me several times in the past, but I would dream that I am in bed sleeping to one side, and I can 'feel' somebody at the side of my bed behind me but I can't move or roll over at all to see or confront them.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #209
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
Dreamt last night that my AE86 got broken into. My steering wheel, shift knob, taillights, sub and amps all got jacked. Car was lifted on jacks and my supra rims were gone. They were replaced with a spare tire and stock wheels though. haha.. weird. I then lowered the car and drove home crying. Woke up and I slept in 15 minutes. FrickkKKKKKKKKKK... but at the same time I was glad it was just a dream lol.

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #210
Fanboy

Had a dream last night that the NHL lockout was resolved and the Canucks were playing on Friday. I was also stressing out that I wasn't home and couldn't PVR the game.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:41 AM   #211
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,859 Times in 254 Posts
I just had a dream eating ramen at a&w in a ferry in Japan where the Japanese girlos all understood perfect English but can't speak back, my friend who can't speak Cantonese spoke perfect Cantonese and I asked him why, he said he rehearsed it the night before.... Wakes up to a hellish hangover in rainy shanghai... Fml
JoshuaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:13 PM   #212
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,273 Times in 1,631 Posts
My "dream" from last night:

So I'm having this dream where I'm watching in the third person view and it becomes violent (involving people I know). I think to myself, and I remember this clearly "this is getting a little too dark for me, I'll wake up now".

Same as in my the last dream I shared here (page 1) I felt that super cold feeling all down my face. The dream stops but now it's all gone pitch dark and my eyes aren't yet able to open. Suddenly, I see what appears to be a skeleton fighting to keep me down. It is holding down both of my arms, pinning me onto the bed.

I feel the urge to fight it and wake up. I push back against whatever that was and yell out once I'm able to break free. It's 2am and I can still feel it in the room. I spent a few moments after that to turn on my bedside light and calm my nerves a bit.

Another interesting experience for me.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:44 PM   #213
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
If you guys want some fun vivid/lucid dreams...try taking some of the pills I have to take hahaha one of their side effects is lucid dreaming

"Other side-effects include loss of balance or coordination; double vision; crossed eyes; pupil constriction; blurred vision; dizziness and lack of coordination; drowsiness, insomnia; anxiety; vivid dreams or nightmares; dry mouth, mouth ulcers;[30] memory and cognitive problems; mood changes; runny nose; cough; nausea, indigestion, abdominal pain, weight loss; missed or painful menstrual periods; and vaginitis. The side-effect profile varies for different patient populations.[32] Overall adverse effects in treatment are similar between men, women, geriatric, pediatric and racial groups."
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:38 PM   #214
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
My "dream" from last night:

So I'm having this dream where I'm watching in the third person view and it becomes violent (involving people I know). I think to myself, and I remember this clearly "this is getting a little too dark for me, I'll wake up now".

Same as in my the last dream I shared here (page 1) I felt that super cold feeling all down my face. The dream stops but now it's all gone pitch dark and my eyes aren't yet able to open. Suddenly, I see what appears to be a skeleton fighting to keep me down. It is holding down both of my arms, pinning me onto the bed.

I feel the urge to fight it and wake up. I push back against whatever that was and yell out once I'm able to break free. It's 2am and I can still feel it in the room. I spent a few moments after that to turn on my bedside light and calm my nerves a bit.

Another interesting experience for me.
Sounds like a nightmare combined with sleep paralysis. I usually have the night terrors (different than a nightmare) and sleep paralysis combo 2-3 times a week. I'd be willing to trade if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:13 AM   #215
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
I'm way pass dreams, sleep paralysis, and night terrors.

I've been to the point where spiritual demons and my guardian angel actually came in physical contact with me.

One afternoon, I was taking a nap and when this demon came, I actually took my phone out and recorded it. Still have the file on my SD card. To describe what I think this spiritual thing looks like just by the way it invaded me, it has a bunch of tentacles squiggly thing on it's mouth.

Usually, to protect myself, I literally have to cover myself in my blanket and tuck myself in, literally terrified. Even though I feel suffocated, I force myself to sleep. During this moment, I can feel it crawl on the outside of my blanket, like a big giant spider walking on my blanket. But now, I just get very irritated because I have to stay awake until it's gone.

Anyways, that afternoon, I left a little opening above my head and I used my phone to block the opening with my camera recording. As I slowly fall asleep everything goes silent and all you can hear is me beginning to snore. Then out of no where you can hear in the video, its tentacle poking at my phone where it was trying to enter the only opening, sort of sound like many rain drops hitting my phone. I left it recording for so long, my camera burnt out because the phone got so hot.

I've been through so many experience in my sleep that I can say "dreams" are not what we think it is and it's not something science can prove. There's more to it than we know. This is one of the reason why I went from being an atheist to a spiritual believer.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2015, 06:49 AM   #216
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
dream on little dreamer..
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2015, 08:33 AM   #217
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
dream on little dreamer..

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #218
I keep RS good

dreams are a form of apophenia.

there's noise and your brain perceives and translates any pattern it can find, and then reinforces it to the point where they resemble things you recognize. and then the things you recognize start to act like the things they become. recursive. and self reinforcing.

the interesting thing is, because things act like the way your unconscious perceives them to act, you can in turn explore and interact with the characters/environment and explore your unconscious DIRECTLY. there is no other method more direct than oneironautics to explore the internal self.

as for why all this happens... no idea. my guess is your brain is a pattern recognition machine that doesn't turn off. and in your sleep, it just makes things up out of nothing. kinda like an internal schizophrenic hallucination based on assumptions and patterns of recognition. and the reason they feel fluid and not strange is because there is no external validation or reinforcement. everything is internal, so it's just one big delusion. whereas in real life, your assumptions always go head to head with how things really work. in dreams they don't, the way things act are the way u unconsciously assume them to work, to feel, to taste... to react. so you don't really think twice when something "strange" happens. your frontal cortex is also mostly asleep so your higher reasoning is not as active lol. flying pigs would just seem exciting and funny, instead of impossible.

as for sleep paralysis... for you guys that get it... try playing with the "spirit" next time. troll it back. because it's just there to troll you. it's just some part of your brain, a separate ego/consciousness (i duno what to label it, other than the "troll"). this troll exists as the ego/consciousness that "trolls" you during your dreams. it manifests as fears and wants and needs, and denies you from it. this troll usually can only manifest itself in dreams, but during sleep paralysis, that part of the brain is still active when you're "awake"... and it's kind of like a living nightmare. but not really. u can communicate with it and play around. talk to it. make fun of it. i guarantee you, it will respond to you.

i guarantee also, that it cannot harm you, other than instill your own fear against you.

I get sleep paralysis sometimes, and i never "see" the evil spirit, but i "feel" it. it does trollish things like pull the blanket off my bed. and i often feel like im floating 1inch off my bed. it's never "sat" on my chest before, but that often happens to other people that get it.

i looked it up, and a lot of people get the spirit sitting on their chest. or intruding in "their space". a lot of people also, like me, feel the spirit "pulling the blanket off their bed".

now i've been keeping dream journals for over half a decade now, and been exploring and studying dreams for a while. i immediately noticed there were similarities. so i conducted a study LOL.

when the spirit troll arrived one time. i just "let" it do what he wanted. pull the blanket off my bed. but i realised... the blanket just kept pulling... as if it were never ending. no matter how long i let him pull it, it would never fall off the bed. i knew it was a hallucination right there and then. some people even say they hold onto the blanket and the force is so strong they feel like theyre gonna get pulled off too.

i also did the same and it DID feel like i was gonna get pulled off. the thing is, whenever i took a deep breath or tried to move enough to "break" out of sleep paralysis. things would "pop" back to normal as if nothing ever happened. the blanket would be back in place, my body would be back in place.

i tried to talk to it, but it didnt really respond. other than when i got fed up (cuz i was trying to sleep, and it kept coming back). so i mumbled in my mind... "dude, fuck off man im trying to sleep, go troll yo mama" in a very confident but joking way. like brushing off a fly. IMMEDIATELY the blankets pulled super hard and it felt like he pulled it completely off. and i felt the AC blowing on my skin. i moved just enough to break out of the sleep paralysis and i reaised my blanket was still on and everything was normal.

LOL i laughed pretty hard. its pretty fun after u lose the fear of "evil spirits" and accept that they're just hallucinations of the mind. think of it like a little brother that's trying really hard to troll you. and u just slap him away like he's nothing. if you have that attitude, he'll go away. but it has to be authentic. if u have any fear, it'll feed on it. you can't hide that shit from it, because IT IS YOU. it knows. you can't fool it with lies.

literally, it is just the troll that exists in your mind. there is a evolutionary function to this troll for you sciencey types that want more "evidence" or "theory".

it's no mystery why all humans are kinda afraid of the dark, and have similar nightmares of not being able to run away. or having things chase u. or not getting what you want in dreams. the "troll" exists to prepare you for the real world.

those who dream of these things, are more fearful of things they should be afraid of in real life. vs those who don't.

you guys that get sleep paralysis should just perceive the spirit as the asshole troll coach that doesn't know how to turn off "coach" mode. he's always there, in your mind, trolling you, triggering fears in your dreams and during sleep paralysis, to keep you on your toes. that's all it is.

my side theory is, this troll is also the same troll that if for whatever imbalance in the brain... is the voice and troll that fucks with schizophrenics. the voice that tells them to do things. etc.

for those who don't believe in separate consciousness/egos within the brain. you only have to look so far as the last dream u had where u interacted with another dream character. that wasn't the "conscious you"... obviously. but it still comes from within your own brain.

look up the split brain experiment. that already proves there are multiple consciousnesses within "your" self.

anyway thats my 2c lol.

if you want to know yourself, know your dreams.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 06-23-2015 at 02:38 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #219

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
^ TL;DR
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2015, 04:54 PM   #220

Spoiler!

I wouldn't recommend the troll. Read my post a few post up. Trolling was exactly what I did during the times of my sleep paralysis.

You never know if you're actually messing with real evil spirits or hallucinations, not to mention the tolerance of the spirit.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:46 PM   #221

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
man i feel bad for some of you guys. i keep hearing about how so many people these days have trouble sleeping for various reasons.

i sleep like a damn baby every night with a clear conscience. i am in no way a perfect person but i have made peace with my demons. so as a result, i believe i can sleep soundly each night and not have nightmares. i really do sleep like a baby. lol. can sleep through storms etc without issue.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:23 PM   #222
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
this might sound weird but i hate dreaming.. my dreams are too realistic and it scares me a bit
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2015, 12:46 AM   #223
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post

I wouldn't recommend the troll. Read my post a few post up. Trolling was exactly what I did during the times of my sleep paralysis.

You never know if you're actually messing with real evil spirits or hallucinations, not to mention the tolerance of the spirit.
mind troll, or actual evil spirits... COME AT ME BRO!
fuck them both.

there's nothing you can do except treat them like the trolls they are.

what else can you do? submit to their fear mongering?

lol... show them "respect"?! LOL i don't think either one would care. they're there to fuck with you. u have no way to evade them except to not submit to fear.

there seriously is nothing to fear but fear itself. i swear 100% it is a hallucination.

it is "real" to you. as "real" as it can be. but trust me. no one else can see it or feel it. everyone has their own "personal" version if they're ever unlucky enough to encounter one.

there's nothing to fear but fear itself.

like honestly, if its a "real demon"... like... u just gotta cast some spell and it goes away? haha... the spell is no fear. works on almost everything to do with the mind, and "spirits". you see what you fear and submit to.

treat em as hallucinations trust me. they're hallucinations. no one has ever died of the sleep paralysis troll doing any real damage. lol.

The Nightmare, by Henry Fuseli (1781)

My Dream, My Bad Dream, 1915, by Fritz Schwimbeck

Le Cauchemar (The Nightmare), by Eugène Thivier (1894)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

as u can see it's been around forever. the reports are always very similar

cant breathe, cant move, something sitting on chest. or some shadowy figure in room. or evil "presence". restricting movement. feelings of immense terror and overwhelming presence of evil. being pulled off bed, or bedsheets being pulled off bed. sometimes you hear them speak "demonic" language. like really fast gibberish.

if any evil spirits actually exist. i'm sure they gain their life force from the psyche of human belief and fear.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2015, 01:16 PM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
mind troll, or actual evil spirits... COME AT ME BRO!
fuck them both.

there's nothing you can do except treat them like the trolls they are.

what else can you do? submit to their fear mongering?

lol... show them "respect"?! LOL i don't think either one would care. they're there to fuck with you. u have no way to evade them except to not submit to fear.

there seriously is nothing to fear but fear itself. i swear 100% it is a hallucination.

it is "real" to you. as "real" as it can be. but trust me. no one else can see it or feel it. everyone has their own "personal" version if they're ever unlucky enough to encounter one.

there's nothing to fear but fear itself.

like honestly, if its a "real demon"... like... u just gotta cast some spell and it goes away? haha... the spell is no fear. works on almost everything to do with the mind, and "spirits". you see what you fear and submit to.

treat em as hallucinations trust me. they're hallucinations. no one has ever died of the sleep paralysis troll doing any real damage. lol.

The Nightmare, by Henry Fuseli (1781)

My Dream, My Bad Dream, 1915, by Fritz Schwimbeck

Le Cauchemar (The Nightmare), by Eugène Thivier (1894)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

as u can see it's been around forever. the reports are always very similar

cant breathe, cant move, something sitting on chest. or some shadowy figure in room. or evil "presence". restricting movement. feelings of immense terror and overwhelming presence of evil. being pulled off bed, or bedsheets being pulled off bed. sometimes you hear them speak "demonic" language. like really fast gibberish.

if any evil spirits actually exist. i'm sure they gain their life force from the psyche of human belief and fear.
I don't think you read my post.

The other option other than troll is to just ignore. Ignore but don't be scared. I find ignoring makes them go away faster, however there are evil spirits where I encountered that just feeds on my breathing.

My encounters escalated over the years and now it's pretty physical. I know through my explanation, it sounds like just another sleep paralysis or whatever. But just imagine a regular sleep paralysis, with the feeling of bugs and worms and shit crawling on your body. You literally cannot go to sleep because you're so irritated.

For some people, they can go from wakefulness to deep sleep and this I consider a gift. But for me, it's wakefulness, to half paralyzed, to lucid dreaming every single night. During the half paralyzed stage, anything can happen. It's like if an evil spirit intercepts me at this point, I get tormented with the feeling of a thousand ants crawling on me. If something neutral, I get into a vivid dream where it'll take my flying in pitch dark. If something good, which happened very rarely (mostly when I'm stressed), it's very tranquil and relaxing, and every time it speaks to me with advice and decisions I should make about my problems. Deep sleep, or REM sleep as they say, comes maybe once a week for me.

Symptoms of Sleep Paralysis

Everything explained on that website, I've been through it. The shocking part for me is that, I actually recorded the physical contact of these "so called" hallucinations, which is why I no longer believe it is just my imagination.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #225
I subscribe to Revscene

what is it about blankets that makes them so protective?

like, if i was a tentacle demon trying to mess with you and with the ability to physically affect you then i'd just pull that shit off? not questioning your story or anything - I'm genuinely interested in your posts.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote