REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   pink peppercorn (https://www.revscene.net/forums/664785-pink-peppercorn.html)

Hummus 03-16-2012 04:14 PM

pink peppercorn

anybody tried pink peppercorn yet? how was your experience?

i heard from someone that the owner of the old cannery opened this place up and even brought with him the oh so good lobster oil!

bluejays 03-16-2012 04:24 PM

I've always wanted to try this place out, it has really good reviews!

jing 03-16-2012 05:16 PM

Can't comment on how similar it is to the Cannery as I never had the chance to go before they closed down, but Pink Peppercorn I've been 3 or 4 times now in the past year or so. Food and service has always been good each time. Since my gf and I usually only go on special occasions, I usually opt for the 1.5lbb Atlantic lobster. Cooked consistently perfectly each time. IIRC gf has tried the chicken breast, and prawns + scallop dishes. Can't go wrong with pretty much anything you order there, lol. For an appy, I'd skip the shrimp cocktail (havn't tried the prawn) since it's quite a small dish and it's nothing out of the ordinary, but I'd recommend the calamari for better value and taste.

Culverin 03-16-2012 07:05 PM

Nothing like zomg, this is revolutionary. I think Eddy was as a chef at The Cannery? A lot of the staples like the lobster oil and salmon wellington he still serves.
They do seafood well, like nothing "special", but it's done properly.
A bit heavier on flavors, more "wham" in-your-face flavors instead of subtle flavors, but that's ok too. The sides are generally the same, steamed veg, and a mash for most of the dishes.

Unlike most places in the city, they do mussels right, not over cooked, not overly salty.

As for portion size, the mains are pretty big. Appies are more a normal size.
I will usually get some appies to share and end up eating half my main and taking the rest home.

Service is pretty good, I'd say warm, welcoming. Attentive and they don't screw up, but they aren't the quickest.

Never disappointed, always happy to go back.

-lincolnboi- 03-16-2012 07:40 PM

Ambiance is lacking, but great service. Had the salmon wellington + creme brule + tiramisu and would go back for the wellington + tiramisu :sweetjesus:

bcrdukes 03-16-2012 08:58 PM

I've only been to The Cannery once but...Life Goes On…(v2.0) » Blog Archive » Eddy’s Pink Peppercorn Seafood House

:D

xmisstrinh 03-16-2012 10:07 PM

i loved, loved, loved the cannery! can't wait to try pink peppercorn!

Hot Karl 03-16-2012 10:16 PM

Ive been a few times and had similar experiences as above. Great solid seafood. Meh on environment but they try hard in a good way and its always a great meal. Its hard not to fill up on bread and clam chowder :)
Posted via RS Mobile

suprasian 03-17-2012 04:44 PM

ive been a few times and i usually order their specialty which is the salmon wellington.portion is quite huge for the mains as mentioned earlier. ample street parking and the servers are very nice

observer 03-22-2012 09:21 AM

Still think they serve the best lobster thermidor in town. Pretty hearty portion though.

HonestTea 03-24-2012 11:32 PM

Just went again the other day. Had the Salmon Wellington, perfectly cooked and delicious, although the crust with maybe a little burnt on one side, other than that, no complaints! Friend got the Ahi Tuna with pepper crust and risotto, I had a bite of hers and it's pretty fucking good too!

Salmon Wellington 9.5/10
Ahi Tuna 9/10
Service 9/10

Definitely go back!