REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Even an automatic can roll back a bit on a steep hill.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #27
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky View Post
over 5 years, but its an on and off thing, switched to an automatic for a bit and now back to standard... i was pretty darn sure it was the person following to close fault, i've been told 5 years ago when i learned stick that if someone follows you to close on a hill and my car rolls into them its their fault for following to close.. if this is not true though then i for sure am going back to automatic after this car... too many people in this city and it keeps growing each year, which means more cars and more poeple who stop too close... especialy in rush hour traffic, people try to make room for other people by stopping to close to you...
I love driving stick, but you just have to be careful on the hills...haha. Like I said, there are times where you're on a flat road and the car will still roll back cause your wheel is on a little hump or something so if there's someone close to you, you just have to be mindful. People are supposed to leave room behind you but it's up to you to not hit them. Like I said, if you have a witness in a situation like this, ICBC can rule 100% other guy's fault if he really was right up on your bumper or at least 50/50, but witness is key.

I've had situations before where I left half a car length to the person in front of me and they rolled back a whole car length. Thankfully there was no one behind me. That person I would say shouldn't have drove manual. He stalled on the hill and instead of doing what a sane person would do by stopping and using the e-brake and then starting the vehicle, he let it continue rolling while trying to crank his engine!

Also, automatics roll back too. Luckily for me, mine has the hill start assist.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote