REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

help! swapping s2000 projectors

so i got replica ap2 headlights and i tried to swap in my ap1 projectors but failed miserably. is there any place i can go so they can help swap the projectors or if anyone on this site is familiar to s2000 headlights and can give me a hand, it would be awesome
Advertisement
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
you can give n-motion a try

did you buy these ones?
04-09 S2000 AP2 BLACK PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT LAMP-RIGHT (OEM REPLACEMENT) | eBay

i was planning on doing the same thing.. but something so iffy about going from perfectly fine oem headlights to ebay plastic... you know what i mean.

btw, how identical do they actually look in real life compared to oem ap2 lights?
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Post up on S2ki, someone there is bound to be familiar with that.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
^i posted the exact same question a while back on s2ki because i was planning to do the same thing, swap oem projectors into replica ap2 housing.
and lets say, it wasnt much of a help, they rather ripped on me for planning to purchase ebay/replica parts lol

doesnt matter now though, ap1 headlights grew on me quick
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
^ man.. now you have me thinking about it haha.

I got a friend who's done a couple of projector retrofits, maybe he can help us out. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #6

thanks, rabidrat! let me know if you need anymore patches...LOL
japark - the headlights, both outside and inside, look 100% identical to the oem ones. however, the black plastic is a lot softer and thinner than oem, so if you were to be swapping out projectors, the plastic can rip extremely easy after getting heated up. The sealant they use is different as well, oem sealant is easy to work with after baking it but the sealant they use are the sealant used for sinks, so it is EXTREMELY hard to work with even after baking it.

i bought another set...hopefully i can find someone to help me or im just going to use the aftermarket projectors......
Old 03-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46_valentinor View Post
thanks, rabidrat! let me know if you need anymore patches...LOL
japark - the headlights, both outside and inside, look 100% identical to the oem ones. however, the black plastic is a lot softer and thinner than oem, so if you were to be swapping out projectors, the plastic can rip extremely easy after getting heated up. The sealant they use is different as well, oem sealant is easy to work with after baking it but the sealant they use are the sealant used for sinks, so it is EXTREMELY hard to work with even after baking it.

i bought another set...hopefully i can find someone to help me or im just going to use the aftermarket projectors......
Uh oh that doesn't sound good..

I have a heat gun, maybe we can try and direct the heat to the sealant instead of just trying to bake the whole assembly?

and LOL hey it's you! Richmond Honda is giving me a hard time, I might just have to give up and get the hardtop =p
Old 03-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #8

^i think using a heat gun will make it a lot easier. the quality of the headlight is actually pretty good tbh...its just the stupid strong sealant and the not so rigid plastic that makes it hard.

hahahha im thinking about getting a hard top also, but its so expensive. i think i would rather get a CR! =D hahahhaha