REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Michael Bay, what have you done? (TMNT content) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/664956-michael-bay-what-have-you-done-tmnt-content.html)

Lomac 03-19-2012 02:16 PM

Michael Bay, what have you done? (TMNT content)

Quote:

At the annual Nickelodeon upfront presentation last week, über-producer Michael Bay revealed details for Platinum Dunes’ upcoming live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, including a new origin story for the half-shell heroes that is sure to raise the ire of diehard fans.

“When you see this movie, kids are going to believe one day these turtles actually do exist when we are done with this movie,” said Bay as he took the stage to discuss his new vision for the reptilian reboot. “These turtles are from an alien race, and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.”

In the original mythology, four baby turtles fall into the sewer and come into contact with glowing radioactive ooze, which mutates them into four bad-ass warriors trained in ninjutsu by astute rodent Splinter. But could the rewriting of the Turtles’ origin story dissuade some fans from embracing the newest incarnation? A comic book-to-movie adaptation’s worst nightmare is bad pre-publicity, and Bay may have generated that in about 30 words.

On the flip side, it might seem outrageous to non-fans of the series that Teenage Mutant Ninja purists are offended by the new mythos of Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo. Truth, we might sound a wee bit ridiculous when we cry out, “I can’t believe Bay says they’re aliens when they’re obviously derived from radioactive slime!” But Bay is essentially erasing almost 30 years of love for transmogrified adolescent reptile ninjas by claiming each turtle is less of a fearsome, fighting toxic anomaly and more of a forest green E.T. with nunchucks. What would Shredder think!?
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/19/mi...urtles-aliens/
:rukidding:

RRxtar 03-19-2012 06:09 PM

was hoping chris nolan would get ahold of TMNT one day

rsx 03-19-2012 11:05 PM

"...tough, edgy, funny and completely loveable.”

Sounds like the producers pitching the idea of "Poochy"

Ch28 03-19-2012 11:12 PM

Fuck you Michael Bay

Culture_Vulture 03-20-2012 12:26 AM

for all we know it might turn out to be a half decent film in the end..

but really? REALLY? :rukidding:

Matsuda 03-20-2012 12:58 AM

really? fucking aliens? do they meet Indian Jones in the movie too?!

G-spec 03-20-2012 01:07 AM

Ok but the Turtles ARE "tough, edgy, funny and lovable" they've always been like that from all the cartoons and comic books and video games I remember playing when I was a kid. So he's not changing that part at all, so I don't understand the anger towards it.

And as far as Christopher Nolan doing this movie ? love that guy makes pure gold, but what can he do with a bunch of goofy fun loving pizza eating characters, I think he would probably end up messing up the movie even more than Bay, lol, since he's an expert in serious characters, darker movies...

my two favorite comic book characters batman and wolverine, so he's touched on one of those, but I always wished to see just how truly badass and true to life he could've made Wolverine if he did that Wolvie movie instead of whoever the fck fcked it up

RRxtar 03-20-2012 06:39 AM

I don't know how Michael Bay is going to fit a $200million highway chase / accident scene full of explosions with more explosions into a TMNT movie. But I guess the part of my brain that likes shiny things and loud noises is at least midly interested. Fuck you Michael Bay.

As far as Chris Nolan, he turns comics into dark reality. TMNT could make a good movie with a back ally ninja guild thing going on maybe.

murd0c 03-20-2012 06:50 AM

They better still love pizza....

SkinnyPupp 03-20-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culture_Vulture (Post 7855442)
for all we know it might turn out to be a half decent film in the end..

but really? REALLY? :rukidding:

Michael Bay is incapable of making a decent movie.

vafanculo 03-20-2012 07:01 AM

Ninja turtles the first movie was the best. Simple, funny, and catchy lines. Secret of the ooze was good too.

I have a feeling this is gonna be full of turtles on steroids and pointless explosions.

On the plus.. This is kinda rekindling my interest to download the original movie.
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 03-20-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 7855564)
I don't know how Michael Bay is going to fit a $200million highway chase / accident scene full of explosions with more explosions into a TMNT movie. But I guess the part of my brain that likes shiny things and loud noises is at least midly interested. Fuck you Michael Bay.

As far as Chris Nolan, he turns comics into dark reality. TMNT could make a good movie with a back ally ninja guild thing going on maybe.

Nolan would be amazing. Actually the first TMNT movie is quite dark, and quite good in fact

JKam 03-20-2012 07:37 AM

I hope they keep their original weapons and not some crazy alien technology version.

gdoh 03-20-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

But Bay is essentially erasing almost 30 years of love for transmogrified adolescent reptile ninjas by claiming each turtle is less of a fearsome, fighting toxic anomaly and more of a forest green E.T. with nunchucks.
michael bay you fucker

VooDood 03-20-2012 08:40 AM

probably still a better love story than twilight.

2 n r 03-20-2012 09:47 AM

hopefully this uproar will cause studio heads to scrap that idea...

freakshow 03-20-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 n r (Post 7855690)
hopefully this uproar will cause studio heads to scrap that idea...

Nope.

Quote:

Fans need to take a breath, and chill. They have not read the script. Our team is working closely with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles to help expand and give a more complex back story. Relax, we are including everything that made you become fans in the first place. We are just building a richer world.

Michael
Ninja turtles

Ford_Fanatic 03-20-2012 07:22 PM

He DID make The Rock. But ya, your right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7855571)
Michael Bay is incapable of making a decent movie.

StylinRed 03-20-2012 07:51 PM

^^ & Bad Boys

Heard about this for awhile wasn't sure if they were going to go through with

I loved the original 3 all 3 (yes even 3 i especially loved the time travel installment)

I think this could work the 4th movie, the animated one, was dark and action-packed and i didnt enjoy it as much i prefer the lovable tv cartoon versions rather than the darker comic versions

I'll watch these Bay versions but i dont think they'll be as good as the first 3

tonyvu 03-20-2012 08:27 PM

NOOOOOOoooo first dragonball gets ruined, now TMNT?!

there goes my damn childhood

RacePace 03-27-2012 08:55 AM

This movie is now just called "Ninja Turtles"

Michael Bay Posts Second Statement on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles | Superhero Hype

Ulic Qel-Droma 03-27-2012 11:44 AM

Turtles Forever - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i remember watching this and thinking the original turtles were badass LOL!

and totally forgot how completely goofy and retarded the late 80's turtles were...

KAWABUNGA!!!

Gh0stRider 03-27-2012 12:08 PM

off different forum

lol

Quote:

Someone should really slap Micheal Bay in the face. He ruined the Transformers franchise and is now gonna help destroy the Turtles. Whats next? is he gonna make a thunder cats movie where all the main characters are now dogs?

RacePace 03-27-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gh0stRider (Post 7865743)
off different forum

lol

http://i.qkme.me/3ohz98.jpg

palepilsenpin0y 03-27-2012 03:30 PM

I'm curious, what did you guys think of the 2007 animated release of TMNT?