REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 03-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Everquest - Free2Play

EQ went F2P, recently. The free side of things is fairly limited. You've only got 4 races (human, erudite, barbarian, gnome) and 4 classes (warrior, cleric, wizard, rogue) to choose from. I was hoping to start a high elf mage, but I would have to spend 15 bucks to get that. So, I'll probably just start a human warrior, fall off the boat in the Ocean of Tears, and lose my corpse.

http://www.everquest.com
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
best game -ever-

i was playing on a good f2p server called "project 1999" which recreated the times right when Kunark came out, but now no time for a mmorpg
Old 07-22-2014, 08:46 AM   #3
Zombie Mod

Well, I thought my toons were gone since the server, E'ci, is not on the list, anymore. I got nostalgic and did a bit of research, and discovered E'ci merged with Tunare. I logged into Tunare, and my 3 toons were there! It seems like some items may have been removed, like my mount. Of course, I'm still trying to figure out the UI. So, I may not bee seeing it. The cool thing is, there's a bunch of perks, like corpse recovery, and full xp res for old-school players. Just type /veteranRewards to claim them.

Man, I think I'm going to run from one end of Norrath to the other, and get some screenshots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10435977_744614118914210_5170312473254753068_n.jpg (87.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-22-2014, 09:15 AM   #4

Sweet, I used to play on Tunare as my main lol
Old 07-22-2014, 09:22 AM   #5
Zombie Mod

^^^

If you remember your account info, your main is still there! It doesn't matter if your main is one of the races they charge for now. It's in your account, and you won't have to pay.

Some EQ nostalgia:

Last edited by Presto; 07-22-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Presto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Holyshit this bring back memories. I remember conquest caused a big fuss about entering one of the zone where they are not suppose to. Talk about drama.
striderblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:28 PM   #7

if anyone is interested, SOE now has a time limited progession server they released, the server is called "RageFire"

so a minimum 6 months in between expansion releases, right now it's back to it's 1999 state, pre-kunark.

I signed up and have been playing, in game character name is Wreckless

check it out if you want to feel the original game a bit, it's not entirely the same as it was and now obviously you have the guilds just grinding end game content, but it's still pretty fun. you need to sign up for the "all access" account, $14 a month, then download the game client