REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 03-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,228 Times in 171 Posts
Anyone else get sleep paralysis?

This is a new thread, started from discussion in another thread.

Sleep paralysis is a relatively common (apparently) phenomenon in which a person becomes physically unable to move while half awake and half asleep.

It's often a pretty terrifying experience, and people report seeing shadowy figures and hearing noises.

I personally have had it happen quite a few times. Anyone else?
Advertisement
Powerslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Happened to me a couple of times when I was extremely stressed/lack of sleep, but instead of seeing shadowing ghosts I was fully awake but could not move. For those few seconds I felt like those people who were operated on fully away but could not move.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

happen to me too, scary feeling. almost felt like a bad dream
Posted via RS Mobile
k20er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
for those of you who see shadow figures.. why not just close your eyes for the 10-20 seconds it's happening?
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

LOL was thinking of it too much after reading all post from 9gag and here that i had it yesterday

it was a pretty fun and scary.
gave me thoughts if i should go back to sleep
just one tip.. if u fight it... well ulll be screaming with no sound LOL. enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
^^^^Oh my goooooood

I fap so hard, sperm banks wanna hire me
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaxBundlez View Post
that shit cray
flip28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Happened to me once, and luckily i had read about it somewhere so i kinda knew what was happening. I didnt panic, just waited a minute and it subsided. I did not see shadows or shapes and i do not envy those that do.
silva95teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts
Happened to me once, and I saw a troll like creature sitting on my chest. I couldnt breathe or yell. like someone was covering your mouth while you scream. plus I felt paralyzed.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a3fc/event.png
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
I STILL don't get it

usually happens to the girls around me.. j/k

it happens to me all the time.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #9

is that why you chose that avatar?
Old 03-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #10
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,179 Times in 229 Posts
happened to me a bunch of times before. worst feeling ever when u cant FUCKING move a single muscle and all u do is struggle
Old 03-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science

my brother's friends and I know these as spirit holds. we believe them to be spirits/demons that are fucking with you, doesn't help that it's happened to all of us between 3am and 4am.
i cried the first time i got it, maybe i was 16? now i go through the motions of terror, anger and defiance. just gotta be brave and stand up to whatever you may believe it is, and it'll usually back off.

i figure it must be related to when Alpha_v2 talks about astral planing. possibly you're doing it but haven't fully separated yourself from your body yet... would explain the shadows and such. i have yet to organize my thoughts on this subject though, don't really know too much about it yet.
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

A few years back I had one of these figures touch me. I have noticed a trend that they only appear when my bedroom door is completely shut. The event was so vivid I still remember it to this day. In the middle of the night, perhaps around 3 or 4am, I was sudden awaken to sleep paralysis, can't move, can't scream, can't open my eyes. I felt these long prickly fingers (like tree branch) running up from the side of my back up all the way to the side of my cheeks. I woke up sweating and my heart was racing. Needless to say many bricks were shat. Other encounters includes the buzzing noise of locust (this one is reoccurring) and dark figure walking out of my room. Because of these pants shitting events, I have more or less trained myself to force my way out of sleep paralysis. First thing I do is to do not panic, because when fear takes over, you are fucked. Next, really try hard and concentrate on moving your finger or toes, once you have any of them moved you are free. The most fucked up thing with these dark figures is that they slowly fade away when I am about to break out of the sleep paralysis, as opposed to suddenly disappearing.

repost my experience from fucked up shit thread.

Another time when I was trying to let myself fall into sleep paralysis, I felt my body floating upwards, perhaps half a meter away from my body, then I didn't like that feeling I felt myself sinking back into the bed again. Some whacky stuff.
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #13
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,179 Times in 229 Posts
What the fuck spirits and demons. I dont remember seeing any dark shadowy figures and dont think i want to remember...
Old 03-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #14
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
just had sleep paralysis 3 times on monday. i either had a one day cold or it was just really bad allergies but that night i could not sleep and was sniffling all over the place in my bed. all of a sudden i stop breathing and can't move a muscle. fought so hard to break out of it. went to go blow my nose and went back to bed. happened again. so scary!
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegglez View Post
What the fuck spirits and demons. I dont remember seeing any dark shadowy figures and dont think i want to remember...
Not so much spirits or dark figure as your brain playing mind tricks. The fear manifests in to such, i guess.
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #16
I STILL don't get it

i also believe in that curse demon stuff ,.. thats why i have protection tattoos.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #17

i'm thinking these shadows may be associated by the fact that when you wake up during this rem stage a part of the brain that is connected to fear kicks in..

but what makes it interesting is that some people see these even after they're out of sp, and it's kind of the same experience to people
Old 03-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #18
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip28 View Post
LOL was thinking of it too much after reading all post from 9gag and here that i had it yesterday

it was a pretty fun and scary.
gave me thoughts if i should go back to sleep
just one tip.. if u fight it... well ulll be screaming with no sound LOL. enjoy it!
HAHA yeah you will try talking or yelling but you wont be able to make a sound i tried it, you just have to close your eyes and stay calm and youll wake up.

there are times where i take a nap and like 1 min in i feel like i went into SP..

im awake but i cant move i can feel something watching me sometimes i see it. but i nvr nvr hear sounds...

for those of you who hear shit what do you hear? i just see dark figures...
GAGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #19
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom x View Post
i also believe in that curse demon stuff ,.. thats why i have protection tattoos.

im curious to know what made you believe? is there proof of demonic possession? do you believe in the board game ouji? iv played it many times but i think its either my friends moving it or the nerves of everyone moving it
GAGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
~~

it used to happen to me quite frequently back home. I started experiencing SP after my friend told me about her experiences. I was like "lol ok der" but then it began to happen to me. She heard voices of some woman but fortunately I never have.

1st time it happened I remember seeing a static screen from a TV or something with the noise (I don't have a tv in my room). Another time I saw some sort of figure, which at the time didn't scare me as much as it does now just thinking about it. It feels like something huge is sitting on you rendering completely immobile. If I snap out of it and fall asleep in the same position, it happens again so I usually roll over to the other side.
rien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #21
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

What do you have for protective tattoo's? Jsut curious.
bokch0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #22
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
It's happened to me quite a bit, my psychology professor said it was something to do with your spine not connecting with your brain which is why you become paralyzed. I don't really remember the exact term used since it was about 4 years ago.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #23
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Been happening to me every night for months.

I'd fall asleep and notice that I'm dreaming and that's when the nightmare starts. I'd get an eerie vibe in my dream and sooner than I'd imagine it's a full blown nightmare. A few moments later I'd wake up but can't move I used to try breaking free but I can only jolt my body.. and whenever I do move it feels like I'm being pulled down and like someone's shaking whatever I'm trying to move.

I remember my first time having sleep paralysis, when I was 15, I woke up while sleeping on my side and I remember seeing the back of a cut and beat up girl on my bed, and she turned around and it looked like the girl from the exorcist. Scared me shitless.

Lately I've been trying to fall back asleep when in SP, even trying to control my thoughts. I've never been able to fall asleep until I burst my way out of it. What I try to think about whenever I'm in SP is my pet fish. It works sometimes, but sometimes you just can't kick the fear
areyounoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #24

Very easy fix for this. Sleep on your sides only. Don't sleep facing up. Use to get it all the time when I was younger but I read online that if you sleep on your sides it will go away..and it did.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #25
I STILL don't get it

never play the ouji board !!,.. your never talking to the person but the demon who is imitating them,.. it's job is to focus on the weakist person.

for tattoos i have a hanya on one side of my chest and on the other a severed samurai head.