REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 03-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #26
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,228 Times in 171 Posts
Since I was a kid I've been getting this. It's usually one shadow, but sometimes there are more.

It starts by me waking up in the middle of the night - even if I sleep on my side (which I do), sometime during sleep I manage to flip onto my back. The feeling starts in my chest - if feels like i'm kind of stalling a car, like when you don't give enough gas when letting the clutch out. Then there's this sudden stillness, like the car has stalled, then a rushing sound in my ears. Thats usually when panic sets in.

The shadow dude crawls up the walls, and movements are very jerky and sped-up.
It always comes up to me, while I'm paralyzed and freaking the fuck out, and puts a really heavy hand on me and starts talking in my ear. It feels like lead. I have no idea what it says - it's never English.

As I got older I became more irritated with it - like if you want to fucking talk to me, lets talk. Don't just show up when I'm paralyzed you asshole.

I know it's not a 'demon,' but it is something. I get this odd feeling that I know it, like it's a part of me. But who knows. It's something I've been trying to figure out my whole life.
Advertisement
Powerslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #27
Need to Seek Professional Help

holy fuck... scary ass shit here.
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #28
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
***RELIGIOUS/SPIRITUAL SPOILER: Don't even bother trying to get into a debate over this. I'm just sharing my experience.**

I don't know really where to begin with this, so forgive my rambling. My wife gets disturbed when she sleeps. More specifically, she gets harassed by demons. This has been happening her whole life, but it's been getting better since I met her, and hooked her back up with church. As a teenager, it got so bad, she even tried to kill her self by ODing on painkillers.

Her family thinks it's something medical/mental, and has tried to get her on anti-depressants. She thinks it's when her sister got her to play with the Ouija board, and that opened up a door. As soon as she slipped into sleep, that was when the craziness starts happening. Vile, perverted creatures attempt to tell her lies, and just make her feel like shit. Over the years, she's come to recognize their voices. It's usually a female demon trying to sexually harass her, or whisper falsehoods in her ear. She'd sleep on her stomach because being on her back makes her vulnerable to their attacks.

When first met my wife, she was getting into the new age bullshit, in an attempt to rid herself of these spirits. The new age stuff seemed nonthreatening to us as Christians. There would be references to the saints and angels, but it turns out that stuff is just trickery to make you think it's Good, when in actuality, it's evil as fuck.

Things seemed to get better, initially. She'd call upon the protection of the 'angels', when she was threatened in her sleep, and would be seemingly protected by an 'angel'. Nope, it was a masquerading demon. It got to a point where she was being clawed as she slept. She called me in a panic, one Sunday morning. I could sense the fear in her voice, and rushed out to pick her up. I didn't really have any plan, other than to get to church to see if we could get some help there.

We tried the big church in Langley, as it was closest, but we couldn't find anyone. So, I took her to my home church in Aldergrove. I knew the pastor, and he had similar, personal experiences with these attacks. He prayed for her, and gave her some tips on brushing away the evil spirits, like calling upon the name of Jesus. The demons hate that, so much. We destroyed all of her new age crap, which she spent almost 1000 bucks on.

About 2 years later, my wife is doing a lot better. She still gets harassed, but nothing near the magnitude she's experienced, before. Instead of fear, her reaction is annoyance at such pathetic attempts to threaten her. She even sleeps on her back. At this point, she is building up her faith and trust in God, and I am confident her sleep will, one day, be demon free. She gets impatient on the progress, from time to time, but I don't think 23 years of harassment can be smoothed over so easily.

TLDR: Demon problems? Call Jesus!

Last edited by Presto; 03-27-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #29
I STILL don't get it

i just keep getting bad ass tattoos ,.. demons get scared of that shit , now i'm creeping on them !!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:31 PM   #30
I subscribe to Revscene

Presto: does it happen only in sleep? I'm certainly not knocking the fact that you went to your pastor, and I think that his suggestions as well as keeping up solid faith practice will be instrumental in helping your wife in the long run.

However, I would also consider speaking to a doctor, as this sounds like it could be schizophrenia. Not so that they can medicate it (the family already seems to have suggested or even pushed for this), but maybe a doctor can recommend a good counselor that is experienced with these kinds of episodes, and could help in addition to faith practice. Has your wife seen one for this?

Am I off base here?
Old 03-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts

i don't think anyone knows what this specifically is, doctors will just say you have schizophrenia... bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
Presto: does it happen only in sleep?
if i see that in waking life...

Last edited by Excelsis; 03-27-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #32
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
***RELIGIOUS/SPIRITUAL SPOILER: Don't even bother trying to get into a debate over this. I'm just sharing my experience.**

About 2 years later, my wife is doing a lot better. She still gets harassed, but nothing near the magnitude she's experienced, before. Instead of fear, her reaction is annoyance at such pathetic attempts to threaten her. She even sleeps on her back. At this point, she is building up her faith and trust in God, and I am confident her sleep will, one day, be demon free. She gets impatient on the progress, from time to time, but I don't think 23 years of harassment can be smoothed over so easily.

TLDR: Demon problems? Call Jesus!
Presto, I can believe this fully. I know of people who've seen inhuman hand marks that appear to be dragged along their mirrors/windows and even shadows standing over their bed staring down at them. My sister in law is friends with someone who has been clawed all over her legs and stomach in her sleep, while her husband is sleeping next to her.
Out of my friends/acquaintances, I find demons/evil spirits prey on those who are more likely to be fearful because it conveys the possibility of weakness. The faith and trust does help immensely and strengthens our resolves to fight this. I'm so happy to hear your wife is doing better!!
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #33
I subscribe to Revscene

A good friend of mine has been seeing them since he was a child too. They always have red eyes for him (which is apparently relatively common when you see these kinds of shadow things).
He learned to live with it, but it's no doubt difficult.
I wonder what the level of harm aside from psychological these 'entities' - if indeed that's what they are - can do to a person.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #34

Quote:
A good friend of mine has been seeing them since he was a child too. They always have red eyes for him (which is apparently relatively common when you see these kinds of shadow things).
He learned to live with it, but it's no doubt difficult.
I wonder what the level of harm aside from psychological these 'entities' - if indeed that's what they are - can do to a person.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #35
I subscribe to Revscene

I'm still trying to figure out what the language is that they speak. It sounds like a record played backwards, whispered.

And I know this sounds like 'cliche ghost story' type stuff, but I heard what I heard.

Anyone else have them talk?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #36
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Quote:
Presto: does it happen only in sleep? I'm certainly not knocking the fact that you went to your pastor, and I think that his suggestions as well as keeping up solid faith practice will be instrumental in helping your wife in the long run.

However, I would also consider speaking to a doctor, as this sounds like it could be schizophrenia. Not so that they can medicate it (the family already seems to have suggested or even pushed for this), but maybe a doctor can recommend a good counselor that is experienced with these kinds of episodes, and could help in addition to faith practice. Has your wife seen one for this?

Am I off base here?
It's not schizophrenia. It only happens when she sleeps. When she's awake, she's fine. It's not something that can be resolved with drugs or therapy. She's been down that route, and while it does dull things, it just attempts to quell the symptoms and not solve the actual problem.

Unfortunately, there's stuff in this world that can't be explained through cold, absolute science. I have had some experience with demonic attacks in my dreams, and there wasn't any doubt that this was something for my pastor to assist with.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #37
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I've had this too, the most fucked thing was sometimes when I'de snap out of it I'de be laying flat on my back, legs straight together with my arms crossed over my chest like I just got pulled out of a coffin. It started with shadowy figures, they'd just linger around as if they were staring at me.

The worst was when I woke from one of these episodes, calmed down I suppose I fell back asleep only to enter another one except this time I could move and as I turned over in my bed I watched a black shadowed hand caress my head.

I trained myself to prepare for these episodes and usually it would just start with 5seconds of extreme terror that I'de change into extreme anger and hatred towards them, and they left me alone.

The thing is looking back, they never tried in any way or form to harm me/scare me, it was only I that was afraid of the unknown, I feel like they may have been good spirits but they no longer visit anymore.
dhawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #38
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
lol !!!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #39
I STILL don't get it

just bring me over ,.. and these creepy fuckers won't come around anymore,.. once they see me with my ink i'll haunt them.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #40
My homepage has been set to RS

Just had one of these happened to me last night, I found it quiet hilarious though. This young Korean girl, kinda of like the one from the ring was sitting by the side of my bed, face pale, eyes all dilated, just staring at me like I am supposed to freak out. I started laughing because she looked ridiculous! Then I just woke up. Not sure why the girl Korean, probably because I am in Korea right now.

Last edited by Jackygor; 03-27-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #41

i can't imagine what it'd be like to wake up and have a girl like the grudge staring at you.. fuck
Old 03-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #42

Quote:
i can't imagine what it'd be like to wake up and have a girl like the grudge staring at you.. fuck
I guess if you see enough of scary shit like this, you become desensitized to it. It really wasn't all that frightening.
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #43
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out what the language is that they speak. It sounds like a record played backwards, whispered.

And I know this sounds like 'cliche ghost story' type stuff, but I heard what I heard.

Anyone else have them talk?
i have. it is exactly like a record being played backwards. IIRC mine was of a female voice. The more she talked, the louder this "rushing" noise became. Felt like i was being taken through a portal...

when i woke up i was sweaty as fuck
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #44

I had it one night a few years back.
I couldn't move anything but my eyes, and heard something banging rapidly on my front door. Then I heard the front door blast open, and something running towards my bedroom (I could hear each foot step loudly). Staring through my bedroom doorway in fear, I was not able move. I felt helpless. Just as the intruder was about to enter, the bedroom door slams shuts and I immediatly wake. The slamming of the door was the loudest thing I have ever heard, and one of the scariest things I've experienced. It felt very real. Thankfully I have yet to have another case of sleep paralysis. Any ever had a lucid dream before?
4doorVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #45

http://www.revscene.net/forums/66463...-thread-6.html That thread has info
Old 03-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #46
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
for those of you who see shadow figures.. why not just close your eyes for the 10-20 seconds it's happening?
Alpha, I close my eyes and I can feel the presence. Its not scarey for me, its more like what is going to happen next?
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #47

Im not sure how true this is, but I heard the brain will 'trick' you into experiencing a shocking or scary image/sound during sleep paralysis in order for your body to wake up. A defence mechanism incase of attack
4doorVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #48
Banned (ABWS)

I had it happened to me just a few weeks ago. I just cant move but the doctors said that it may be from the lack of sleep I've been having.
jameskore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:06 PM   #49
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
i have. it is exactly like a record being played backwards. IIRC mine was of a female voice. The more she talked, the louder this "rushing" noise became. Felt like i was being taken through a portal...

when i woke up i was sweaty as fuck
I'm glad to hear it's not just me.

There's one more thing I will add - before I started seeing these shadows during sleep paralysis, they used to come to me in nightmares. I'm certain it's the same 'thing' because it would speak to me in the same way, right before I'd wake up. I would also feel the sensation of being held down. These nightmares would happen for 4-5 nights in a row then stop for a while. They happened when I was 5 or 6 years old, and I didn't start getting sleep paralysis until I was much older.

Most terrifying shit ever as a kid. Especially since I'd become 'lucid' in the dream, and get that 'oh shit, any time now, he's going to come.' And then sure enough he would.

I'd even try to trick it sometimes, but it never worked.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #50
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Note: this thread is seeing a lot of demon/spirit talk...this has nothing(as far as I know) to do with my experience...

I haven't had SP for a while, but I remember when I once did. I was dreaming normally, when it slowly took a turn, and became a nightmare. After some time I became aware of it being a dream. Unfortunately, at that point in the dream I was bound/tied up and something was approaching me, my awareness of it being a dream caused me to wake up...but the physical restraint and the "monster" "followed" me.

It was so fucked up... I remember waking up, coming down from my nightmare adrenaline, only to realize this dark shadowy figure was in my room...At which point my body tensed from trying to move and my pupils constricted to the point where everything starred to blur. The fear I felt then, is probably the only time I've felt actual terror(not just being dramatic). I got out of it by taking in a huge breath of air(felt like Neo when the world warps around him after getting up from agent smith's gunshot wounds)....

Afterwards, I laughed about to myself. It's scary as fuck, but at the same time it's a kinda scare you can't get anywhere else...
Fuhrėr-Z is offline   Reply With Quote