REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #176
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
would I freak out? yeah, who wouldn't...at least id turn around every few steps and if I noticed hes still following me id stop and ask him wtf he wants from a distance. if no reply, then fuck him, ill either turn around and run, or ill stay there and potentially get stabbed or beat up..
there were words exchanged supposedly so Trayvon probably did go "hey why you following me?"

Quote:
middle of the night, I can see at least 100 yards...
it was approximately 7:09-7:15pm when the incident occurred hardly the middle of the night and that's 30mins after sunset for Feb 26th 2012 in Florida... it's still bright out
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #177
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
there were words exchanged supposedly so Trayvon probably did go "hey why you following me?"

it was approximately 7:09-7:15pm when the incident occurred hardly the middle of the night and that's 30mins after sunset for Feb 26th 2012 in Florida... it's still bright out
And it was probably Treyvons attitude that escalated things. I really can't see Zimmerman confronting him from a distance and exchanging words and then escalating into a fight. The kid probably acted like any other wanna be g-thug at that age and told him to get lost/fuck off/ or some stupid ass ghetto slang response, and it but him in the ass.

30 min after sunset, while its raining out. So it's darker out. Not to mention the 911 dispatcher told Zimmerman to watch the person after he stated that Treyvon was running.
I'm not gonna waste time on this, I find him not guilty, you can find him guilty, people will always disagree, so fuck it.
Posted via RS Mobile
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #178

Quote:
And it was probably Treyvons attitude that escalated things. I really can't see Zimmerman confronting him from a distance and exchanging words and then escalating into a fight. The kid probably acted like any other wanna be g-thug at that age and told him to get lost/fuck off/ or some stupid ass ghetto slang response, and it but him in the ass.
quite possibly and Zimmerman can/should still be found guilty of manslaughter in such an encounter (that was my point from the beginning)
Old 07-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #179
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

17 year old urban youth is not a kid/child/infant. thats a 99% bbc
jimmyrustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #180

Quote:
quite possibly and Zimmerman can/should still be found guilty of manslaughter in such an encounter (that was my point from the beginning)
Last post I swear meant that it was treyvons attitude and g-thugness that probs started it, I bet the kid turned around acting tough pushed Zimmerman saying shit like "what you want bitch". So, if that's what did happen and the kid made the first push, he's the one who started the fight. At that point Zimmerman was meerly approaching him to get some info, not to gight, but ipon being pushed/punched/kicked he went and took self defense and ended up shooting him during a struggle.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #181
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,559 Times in 1,709 Posts
Quote:
Last post I swear meant that it was treyvons attitude and g-thugness that probs started it, I bet the kid turned around acting tough pushed Zimmerman saying shit like "what you want bitch". So, if that's what did happen and the kid made the first push, he's the one who started the fight. At that point Zimmerman was meerly approaching him to get some info, not to gight, but ipon being pushed/punched/kicked he went and took self defense and ended up shooting him during a struggle.
Posted via RS Mobile
For real? Are you serious? You're pretty clearly showing a preference to Zimmerman here, because what you are saying could easily be reversed. How do you know Zimmerman wasn't the agressor? Listening to the 911 calls, it sounded to be Zimmerman was the one initiating this whole thing.

I'll tell you right now, if someone like you were following me around and harassing me, I would likely respond EXACTLY the same way you are alleging Trayvon did.

This case is not complicated, none of this would have happened if Zimmerman had simply completed his call to the police, and stayed in his vehicle and allowed the police to do their job accordingly.

This is why people claim racism to those who argue on the other side of this discussion, it's pretty friggin clear what the result of this case should have been.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #182
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I'll tell you right now, if someone like you were following me around and harassing me, I would likely respond EXACTLY the same way you are alleging Trayvon did.
Then ull get ur ass shot dead. And rightly so.
Posted via RS Mobile
predom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #183

Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
i know what you meant and still in such an encounter Zimmerman can and should have been found guilty for manslaughter as long as someone dies you can be convicted of manslaughter

but the jury spoke -_-

that's why i wouldnt be surprised if there was a federal case brought forth against zimmerman where some real prosecutors can have a crack at him
Old 07-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #184
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

who knows what really happened and who is to blame. But if Zimmerman never had a gun to begin with it would not have ended this way. That's the actual problem in all of this. And it always is in the States. Idiots with guns. If he never had a gun maybe he would have actually fought off the kid (if he was actually being attacked). Sad a grown man can't fight off a teenager one on one.
Posted via RS Mobile
acurael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #185
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
there are plenty of teenagers who could kick the shit out of adults. its not sad that a grown man cant fight off a teenager one on one. the teenager will most likely be far more fit than the grown man.

the fault here in my opinion lies with state prosecutors trying to charge zimmerman with murder rather than manslaughter.

theres a lot of issues with this incident all of them unfortunate. the biggest issue i have is that the state prosecutors should have opted to try zimmerman for manslaughter rather than murder. the burden of proving pre-meditation (malice aforethought) is extremely difficult, especially in a case like this. had the state prosecutor moved for a charge of involuntary manslaughter they would have had zimmerman dead to rights. he would have seen jail time, people would have been happy and those "crying" for justice for trayvon would have gotten what they wanted.

saying that "if it was a black man who killed a white teenager" and suggesting that the black man would have gotten life in prison is ignorant of the facts. the circumstances of the case show that the cards were stacked against the state prosecution in the first place. the real tragedy here is that an incompetant over zealous state prosecutor felt that he could gain some glory by winning a high profile case with high profile stakes rather than having the common sense to charge the man for something that he was ACTUALLY guilty of

charging him for murder 2 in a state with one of the highest issuing of conceal carry weapons permits as well as one of the highest rate of retired armed forces veterans and an extremely strong presence of the NRA was moot. florida is also one of the states with the castle doctrine/defense of habitation statutes and as such, the general public's perception on the use of a firearm to fend off a would be intruder/thief/attacker is high. with involuntary manslaughter, the judge could have instructed the jury that they must make considerations for the criminal negligence. the state prosecutor would only have to have proven that zimmerman acted criminally negligent which resulted in the death of trayvon martin. involuntary manslaughter through criminal negligence requires no burden of proof in regards to malice aforethought or premeditation which was the weakest piece of the puzzle here. they could have tried zimmerman on involuntary manslaughter and he would have wound up in a state prison for up to 15 years.

i'm not particularly well versed in american law but that is my assessment of the situation.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #186
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansonBoy View Post
And remember, back then he wasn't the hodgy podgy Zimmerman, who looks like he wouldn't even hurt a fly:

No. He looked like this.

Spoiler!

When did your looks become admissible in the court of law? He could've looked like strawberry shortcake and it wouldn't make a difference to the case.

Okay, let's assume appearance is a factor. If the fact that Zimmerman looks intimidating is a valid argument, Zimmerman's statement that the boy looked like he 'was up to no good' would be equally admissible in court.

I don't know any of the intricacies or the details of the case, but the level of hypocrisy in that argument is just ridiculous.
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #187

Actually you're appearance affects the Jury I would not be surprised one bit if his lawyers told him to gain weight etc etc

it's a classic tact not gaining weight but coaching clients on how to dress, how to act, etc

But I think Hansons point was how much creepier Zimmerman would have appeared to Trayvon back then (causing him to be more creeped out and perhaps react differently)
Old 07-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #188
I subscribe to Revscene

Having a minor look over the evidence today, I see that the best witness was alerted to the squirms of a young man and came out right away to investigate the loud bang which she didnt recognize as a gun shot.
Upon seeing the two bodies, she saw the "red and dark pattern" clothing of a man (on top) straddling another on the ground.

This shows Zimmerman was in a power position and not in danger for his life when he shot.

Had Zimmerman even been under him when he shot, there should be blood on his clothes.

On a side note, it was dark that night so I wonder if Zimmerman could have inflicted damage to himself prior to his neighbour taking pictures of his nose and sharp marks to his head. If Martin and Zimmerman at most were struggling for the gun, it still doesnt excuse the stalker (as he not police officer) from bringing a weapon to the confrontation of an unarmed boy.

This main witness reached out multiple times to the police but wasnt contacted for several days.

Martin's girl friend was on the phone when the incident started... police also didnt talk to her for some days.

Zimmerman's father is a judge... I would guess hes paid his dues of incarcerating minorities, innocent or not, for the prison industrial complex which works people for less then $5 for a whole days work... all on behalf of the Zionist occupied USA. So its not surprising that the system looks out for its own and to show other judges in the states that its loyal as long as they keep doing what they're doing.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Zimmerman's father is a judge...
I had thought this as well, while he is a "magistrate judge" in Virgina such a judge functions as a Justice of the Peace, simply issuing warrants etc he was never qualified nor did he try cases etc
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #190
I subscribe to Revscene

There could be other angles to it too I guess, having the populace be at odds with each other is one way to cut down on protests.
The police investigators that have not been doing their job properly need to be questioned.

One other thing I forgot to say is how difficult it'd be for someone to smash a bald head into the ground and smother that resisting persons nose and mouth without getting DNA under the finger nails.
Martins had no Zimmerman DNA.

edit 2 - one last point, I found it funny how when interviewed, Zimmerman was asked why Martin was supposedly trying to cover his mouth... Zimmerman replied I have no idea... and the interviewer said because you were calling out for help right... its as if he was reminding him of a lie.
_www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaua8aAUpOs ~15:00

If I dont respond to this thread anymore... its because Ive been thread banned.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 07-16-2013 at 09:40 PM. Reason: edited 3 times
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #191
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
"Trayvoning" Is The New Horrible Internet Trend in Response to the Trayvon Martin Case
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #192
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoc View Post

When did your looks become admissible in the court of law? He could've looked like strawberry shortcake and it wouldn't make a difference to the case.
He would've looked a lot cuter if he looked like a strawberry short cake...just saying...

Spoiler!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #193
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Don't wanna read you guys going back and forth with personal opinions on what happen.
Based on technicalities, lack of witnesses and proof beyond reasonable doubt...Zimmerman is innocent.

I believe Zimmerman was stronger than Tray...also the aggressor with a firearm and he should be put in jail but my personal opinion has no bearing on the case.
There are rules, laws and technicalities that govern each state. This is where change is needed for a different outcome.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
There are rules, laws and technicalities that need to be change for a different verdict.
not for manslaughter

but that's a jury trial for you
Old 07-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #195
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
not for manslaughter

but that's a jury trial for you
What are you talking about?

To prove Zimmerman committed manslaughter, they would have to have proven beyond a reasonable doubt either he was:

A) Reckless and/or criminally negligent (Involuntary)
B) Emotionally distraught and/or mentally disturbed (Voluntary)

Option A is out the question, because it was not an accident. Involuntary manslaughter covers situations when there was no intention (ie. Showing someone your gun and it mistakenly fires, killing someone else).

Option B is out of the question because it was not a crime of passion. There was certainly reasonable doubt that George was emotionally distraught or mentally disturbed at the time of the shooting. He seemed quite lucid and aware during all documented evidence of the encounter.

Florida Laws considered - it was either 2nd degree murder, or self defense.

Basically the task was to convince the jury beyond a reasonable doubt that George was of a 'depraved mind' which basically means corrupt, evil, and/or perverted, in order for a 2nd degree murder charge to stick.

I think this is another good case for why regular people should not be armed with concealed weapons around their neighborhoods.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #196

Quote:
Actually you're appearance affects the Jury I would not be surprised one bit if his lawyers told him to gain weight etc etc

it's a classic tact not gaining weight but coaching clients on how to dress, how to act, etc

But I think Hansons point was how much creepier Zimmerman would have appeared to Trayvon back then (causing him to be more creeped out and perhaps react differently)
Isnt that the pot calling the kettle black? Trayvon has the right to profile and react based on zimmerman's appearance. But zimmerman cant profile trayvon because he is black?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #197
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Quote:

Okay, let's assume appearance is a factor. If the fact that Zimmerman looks intimidating is a valid argument, Zimmerman's statement that the boy looked like he 'was up to no good' would be equally admissible in court.

I don't know any of the intricacies or the details of the case, but the level of hypocrisy in that argument is just ridiculous.
He's only pointing it out because the looks of Trayvon were apparently admissible in Zimmermans court of law where he is the judge, jury and executioner. Also, he wanted to make a point, that some 17 year old black "man" thats 140 lbs probably would feel pretty threatened if they saw him following them. It doesn't seem like you understood the context of the post at all.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
He's only pointing it out because the looks of Trayvon were apparently admissible in Zimmermans court of law where he is the judge, jury and executioner. Also, he wanted to make a point, that some 17 year old black "man" thats 140 lbs probably would feel pretty threatened if they saw him following them. It doesn't seem like you understood the context of the post at all.
But that is not relevant to the case as his excuse was not admissible in court. The possibility of Trayvon being intimidated by Zimmerman's appearance would not just justify any actions he may have taken. Intimidated by Zimmerman's actions is arguable, but not by appearance.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #199
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
But that is not relevant to the case as his excuse was not admissible in court. The possibility of Trayvon being intimidated by Zimmerman's appearance would not just justify any actions he may have taken. Intimidated by Zimmerman's actions is arguable, but not by appearance.
You're just a racist! BLATANT RACISM!

Quote:
Isnt that the pot calling the kettle black? Trayvon has the right to profile and react based on zimmerman's appearance. But zimmerman cant profile trayvon because he is black?
It's not racism when it's against whites!

Becareful, your racism is showing.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
You're just a racist! BLATANT RACISM!

It's not racism when it's against whites!

Becareful, your racism is showing.
Everyone is racist. Some just act like they're not to make them feel better about themselves
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by: