REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   House and Home Renovations (https://www.revscene.net/forums/house-home-renovations_338/)
-   -   Spray foam insulation installation? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/665455-spray-foam-insulation-installation.html)

Matlock 03-27-2012 02:22 PM

Spray foam insulation installation?

Hey guys,

Could someone please recommend a good spray foam installer that does free quotes? I live in the North Burnaby area.

I have a room at the back of my house with a metal roof. Now, the room used to be a deck on top of a carport below, but was eventually converted into a closed room. By heating the room in the winter, it draws condensation through the metal roof, which in turn leaks all over the inside of this room.

We have a T-bar ceiling, so I can rip out all of the old shit insulation and panels before any installation were to be done.

Thanks,
Matt

MindBomber 03-27-2012 02:51 PM

H&H Insulation.

I worked in the insulation industry for years, mainly for one of the largest spray foam companies in British Columbia, as a crew chief. I'm at least familiar with almost all the spray foam companies operating right now and know the sprayers a number of companies use, it's a pretty small industry. I wouldn't give hiring any other company thought.

PM if you have any specific questions regarding companies.

blkgsr 03-27-2012 03:45 PM

Greer Spray Foam
Insultwin might do it
I have another guy that is starting to do this work (has been around a long time, just starting up this portion of his company) i'm gonna get him to do my garage

MindBomber 03-27-2012 03:54 PM

If Insultwin does do it, I wouldn't use them.

I'm familiar with Greer, they're pretty average all around.

blkgsr 03-28-2012 04:51 PM

what's your issue with Insultwin?

just did a project with them and they were fine

MindBomber 03-28-2012 05:12 PM

Knowing the work Insultwin does, I don't think that they would be the best choice for spray foam, that's all. They have a nice niche in the market and do well at what they do a lot of, but I can't imagine they do much spray foam work, if they do it at all. Spray foam is something where you want someone who does it pretty much everyday to get the best result.

I don't want to come across as speaking badly about any other company, that's not my intent. I totally respect the guys at Insultwin, they're one of the better companies who do insulation locally.

Lomac 03-30-2012 12:12 PM

If it's going to be sprayed against a metal frame that has direct (or indirect) contact with the outside, make sure whoever does it uses closed cell foam. You'll experience vapour with open cell, so make sure that if you use that stuff you've got a plastic barrier.