REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   thoughts on this situation? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/665456-thoughts-situation.html)

kookoobird88 03-27-2012 02:28 PM

thoughts on this situation?

heres the quick version

met a girl in class, talked for a few days and studied together, she asked me in class to go out and get whiskey with her. does the classic smile and wave look all the time. I asked her after class if she wanted a beer she says no just whiskey. So i ask her when shes free so we can go get some. she says after the semester maybe? ;) Mr :). So I said maybe its up to you. (keep in mind this was done through text because i was with people when i ran into her when I planned on asking her out, so i did the thing i really didnt want to do (txt) to see if she would go out this weekend) Anyways I send a date place time and all she sends is "???"
then this week today at class she basically avoided me I was like wtf.
I didnt get a chance to talk with her really cause the mother hen in the class seemed to keep her away. If it matters shes persian so is the mother hen, i was somewhat warned about them.

anyways Im assuming i have no chance now since her and mother hen seemed to be talking
anybody got thoughts, maybe hard to get? or similar experience?
this is a new one for me

TheNewGirl 03-27-2012 02:37 PM

If you asked her when she had time to go out and she said 'after the semester' she's not interested. An interested girl would be like 'how's Friday?'

sonick 03-27-2012 02:53 PM

She sounds stuck up/bitchy. Next.

kookoobird88 03-27-2012 02:55 PM

yeah thats what i thought. I didnt get why she gave me her number and ask me to join her, then replied with that. but yeah agreed

Gridlock 03-27-2012 03:02 PM

If you are conducting business with a female over text, you are doing it wrong.

End of story.

Drow 03-27-2012 03:10 PM

dafuq is a mother hen

sonick 03-27-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drow (Post 7865965)
dafuq is a mother hen

melloman 03-27-2012 03:11 PM

I would play it 1 way:
Move on to the next girl and let her think about her "???" stupid text. If she wants you she can come get you instead.

Time for you to play hard to get, and her to get you hard. :accepted:

NLY 03-27-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookoobird88 (Post 7865909)
heres the quick version

met a girl in class, talked for a few days and studied together, she asked me in class to go out and get whiskey with her. does the classic smile and wave look all the time. I asked her after class if she wanted a beer she says no just whiskey.

:suspicious:

jackmeister 03-27-2012 03:19 PM

^ +1

she probably wanted to hint you to get drunk w/ her and then sleep with her?
maybe that is the new way Persians roll?

bobbyhill 03-27-2012 03:23 PM

text her this for guaranteed sex

" i've had a crush on you for years "

(notsrs)

roastpuff 03-27-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridlock (Post 7865955)

End of story.

If you asked her over text because you didn't want people to know, you're doing it wrong.

ek_noob 03-27-2012 03:52 PM

i know this persian girl from back in hi skew... she was freaky as fukk.. nice D's, bubble butt, had a thing for me too..

never got over her.. id hit that anyday lol

highly recommend persian broads for sexual activities.. as far as "no beer only whiskey" goes.. that could mean she wants no strings attached.. and just wants to go hard.

ek_noob 03-27-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melloman (Post 7865970)
I would play it 1 way:
Move on to the next girl and let her think about her "???" stupid text. If she wants you she can come get you instead.

Time for you to play hard to get, and her to get you hard. :accepted:

well said.:smug:

kookoobird88 03-27-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridlock (Post 7865955)

End of story.

yea i know, fail on my part big time, since i forgot to ask just got impateint and sent one

kookoobird88 03-27-2012 05:09 PM

back the whiskey thing, she said she wanted to get drunk film me and put it on youtube.....

Excelsis 03-27-2012 05:17 PM

this girl

Spoiler!

Gridlock 03-27-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookoobird88 (Post 7866117)
back the whiskey thing, she said she wanted to get drunk film me and put it on youtube.....

So playing you.

Move on.

kookoobird88 03-27-2012 08:56 PM

yea sounds like it
she seemed interested by her body language and convos we had in class
and told people in class she was attracted to me, as soon as i ask her out she just seemed distant, almost playing hard to get maybe? either way ill take the advice from the Rs'ers and move on

jameskore 03-27-2012 09:32 PM

Comon man, there's soo many girls out there to choose from. Why wast time on one? Alot of girls waiting for you bro.

ts14 03-27-2012 10:42 PM

dont waste ur time lol

Noir 03-27-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridlock (Post 7866348)
So playing you.

Move on.

If it's true; then not necessarily. Sometimes you gotta let girls play with you. I've had situations where in some cases, it ended up pretty good.

However, on the merits that she's avoiding the OP, I think this one's a write-off.

Ri2 03-27-2012 11:17 PM

she likes the attention. i dont know any girl who says "hey lets go have a whiskey together" more like "hey we should have drinks sometime". i feel like she wants to convey the idea that she's not some regular girly girl and she's a bit of a badass so to initiate your interest and now that you are, she's pulling back cuz she gets off on the power trip.
i would bet you money that when she got your text she talked to her friends about it going "omg.... so this guy in my class, totes asked me to have a drink with him!! wtf!!"

you don't want to date someone who plays mind games. real women don't have to do that.

Noir 03-27-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ri2 (Post 7866596)
she likes the attention. i dont know any girl who says "hey lets go have a whiskey together" more like "hey we should have drinks sometime". i feel like she wants to convey the idea that she's not some regular girly girl and she's a bit of a badass so to initiate your interest and now that you are, she's pulling back cuz she gets off on the power trip.
i would bet you money that when she got your text she talked to her friends about it going "omg.... so this guy in my class, totes asked me to have a drink with him!! wtf!!"

you don't want to date someone who plays mind games. real women don't have to do that.

If I can add to your spot-on post:

If not that, I think some girls play games to initiate your interest because they like the feeling of being pursued (even if the person pursuing isn't of any interest of theirs at all).

I've always surmised that it's an image thing. It makes them look good (and probably feels good) to have active suitors chasing them.

Ri2 03-28-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 7866612)
If I can add to your spot-on post:

If not that, I think some girls play games to initiate your interest because they like the feeling of being pursued (even if the person pursuing isn't of any interest of theirs at all).

I've always surmised that it's an image thing. It makes them look good (and probably feels good) to have active suitors chasing them.

YES! definitely! women who are insecure find pleasure in being chased by people they have no interest in because it makes them feel as though they have "value". in reality, women should feel they have value regardless the number of suitors.

playing games like this hurts perfectly nice/good guys then causes them to be assholes.. commence the neverending cycle of "she was a bitch so i'm gonna be an asshole to get more bitches." then when we get older, all girls say "why are there no nice guys?" and all guys go "where did all the nice girls go?"

shake my head.