REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #101
xxx

Yep that's correct. My current setup is SC for gas/groceries, Rewards Travel for everything else, and I average $150 combined cashback every 2 months so not too shabby
Advertisement
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #102
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
So to summarize:

MBNA Smart Cash Platinum +: 3%CB gas/groc + 1% CB everything else
MBNA Smart Cash World: same as Platinum + with price protection/concierge

MBNA Rewards Travel Platinum + (only through converting): 2% CB on everything
MBNA Rewards World Elite (only through converting) : same as Rewards Travel Platinum + with price protection/concierge

Did I get it right? I applied for the SC World last week..i'll try to convert to the rewards travel if this info is correct.
Sounds like it... Honestly though, if you never been with MBNA, its better if you try to get the Rewards World Elite + on your 1st try. You need to have either a 70k income or prove you have a 20k spending habit to get approved for that card if you attempt to upgrade.

Yeah, that card is boss. No annual fee, 2% cash back (on eligible purchases), all platinum features and a $100 in points on your first purchase.

Snoop Dogg - Starksy & Hutch
Sushi604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #103
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
another noob question so how do i sign up for MBNA AND get the 60$ from canadian rebates

and which one should i try applying for?

MBNA Smart Cash Platinum

or

MBNA Smart Cash World:
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #104
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
1. Sign up and register at GCR
2. Right on the home page click the large banner that says, "$60 Cas Back Rebates..."
3. Click the card you want to sign up for (in your case, the MBNA SmartCash Mastercard)
4. Click "Apply Today - SmartCash Mastercard" link (This will open a new tab/window and redirect you to the official MBNA credit card application page
5. Fill out the application as you normally would

As long as you apply through the cashback link, you will get credit for the application. If you somehow exit the window or close your computer you must start all over from step 2 above.

The $60 will be credited to your GCR a couple weeks after your application is approved (But, you must wait 45 days before you can get your cashback). You can then request this $60 via cheque or it will automatically be deposited in your paypal account if you link it.

*Make sure you disable any adblock software before you enter the GCR as this will interfere with their tracking methods. You might not get credit for your cashback links if you have adblock software running.

I also made a mini blog for those who want more clarification on how cashback works.
http://cashback4shopping.blogspot.ca/
Disclaimer; I have referral links on my blog.

Last edited by TheKingdom2000; 09-17-2012 at 07:38 PM.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #105
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Why would it make the deal not as sweet anymore? It's $60 you never had in the first place. You'll get it, just need to wait awhile for them to verify your application was accepted by MBNA and that THEY got paid for the referral. That's how all cash back sites work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
yeah they mail it from you. You have to request it from great canadian rebates though. It's in the options for payment. It takes about 2 months after the approval for you to be entitled to it though, so you're not going to get it right away if that was what you were thinking.
I agree with you that having 60$ is better than having none at all, I guess I'm just impatient and don't want to maybe forget to request the rebate after 2 month from the approved date. Didn't know that's how cash back sites typically work. Anyways it was my first time dealing with a cash back website, thanks for all the info.
mqin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqin View Post
I agree with you that having 60$ is better than having none at all, I guess I'm just impatient and don't want to maybe forget to request the rebate after 2 month from the approved date. Didn't know that's how cash back sites typically work. Anyways it was my first time dealing with a cash back website, thanks for all the info.
If you link GCR to paypal, it will automatically be deposited into your paypal account (ie. you do not have to request it).

You only have to request the payment if you request a cheque. But, just put a reminder/event in your phone calendar. It's not that difficult imo.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #107
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
the BMO world elite mastercard. they recently redesigned it. its a boss as fuark black credit card. google it
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #108
I don't get it

update, looks like mbna sent me a platinum plus card instead of my world elite plus. There going to get an earful tomorrow!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #109
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
the BMO world elite mastercard. they recently redesigned it. its a boss as fuark black credit card. google it
$150 Annual fee... hell no. But yeah, that's a pretty boss lookin' card.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #110
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

For a travel card, nothing beats the Capital One Aspire Travel World card. If you normally put down $2,000 on your credit card and pay it off all the time, you'll recieve $510 cash value annually in travel points. Plus, it has trip cancellation and interruption insurance, travel insurance, medical insurance, purchase protection and extended warranties.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #111
I don't get it

Update: Yay! mbna rewards World Elite MasterCard acquired!!! 2 points for $1 spent starting this Saturday!

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to get the $100 sign on bonus with them however. Oh well, 2% return is better than nothing.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #112
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi604 View Post
Update: Yay! mbna rewards World Elite MasterCard acquired!!! 2 points for $1 spent starting this Saturday!

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to get the $100 sign on bonus with them however. Oh well, 2% return is better than nothing.
Need to have 70,000 annual income or 120,000 household income or have spent 20,000 on the card annually.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #113
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Need to have 70,000 annual income or 120,000 household income or have spent 20,000 on the card annually.
If I have an annual income over $70k, I can instantly switch to this card? How about the $100 bonus? I'm currently using the smart cash world card
Posted via RS Mobile
ntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #114
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
True, but this is an invite only card. However they are ways to circumvent it or with the right touch "special circumstances".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntan View Post
If I have an annual income over $70k, I can instantly switch to this card? How about the $100 bonus? I'm currently using the smart cash world card
Posted via RS Mobile
Never hurts to call in and ask. If your able to prove that you spend at least 20k a year on your MBNA card then you should qualify without too much hassle.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDTurboLuvr View Post
For a travel card, nothing beats the Capital One Aspire Travel World card. If you normally put down $2,000 on your credit card and pay it off all the time, you'll recieve $510 cash value annually in travel points. Plus, it has trip cancellation and interruption insurance, travel insurance, medical insurance, purchase protection and extended warranties.
What happens if you charge less than $2k a month on this card? You don't get the bonuses?
Old 09-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #116

Quote:
$150 Annual fee... hell no. But yeah, that's a pretty boss lookin' card.
well look here... you get $150.00 cash back instantly. if you want, or 15000 reward miles. although you need 70000 annual income or 120000 household income, if any one wants to apply for it PM me
Old 09-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #117
SDU
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

opinions on TD First Class Travel card? Im currently using it.

Wondering if I should switch over to the MBNA ones.
SDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #118
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDU View Post
opinions on TD First Class Travel card? Im currently using it.

Wondering if I should switch over to the MBNA ones.
If you don't mind the annual fee of $120 and travel specifically through all the TD setup's then I guess its okay? 3% return seems pretty solid if your a frequent traveler.

My requirements for a CC are: no annual fee, some sign on bonus, at least a 1% minimum cashback which can be acquired quickly and effortless customer service when your card is compromised (ie stolen/number hijacked).

Personally, go for CC's which when redeeming are quick and painless (ie PC points during checkout) or paying to the balance of your CC directly (supposedly you can do this when redeeming MBNA points... unconfirmed).

Old 09-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #119
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
well look here... you get $150.00 cash back instantly. if you want, or 15000 reward miles. although you need 70000 annual income or 120000 household income, if any one wants to apply for it PM me
Right, but its a recurring $150 annual fee. If your able to waive that forever then I'm pretty sure there are people on this thread who would love to sign up with you.

EDIT: You get a 10,000 anniversary bonus reward miles every year. Effectively the annual fee for this card is $50 a year. Now seriously, if your able to waive that $150 FOREVER, I'm sure people will sign up with you by the flocks.

Last edited by Sushi604; 09-18-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:03 PM   #120
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

For those looking to compare various travel credit cards in Canada, here's a good link:

Choosing A Travel Rewards Credit Card
heleu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #121
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
What happens if you charge less than $2k a month on this card? You don't get the bonuses?
Yes you do, I just quoted what you would receive back if you did put that much a month on the card.

Canada's best credit cards « MoneySense

Go thru their credit card calculator to get an estimate on how much you would get back.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #122
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,818 Times in 3,901 Posts
more info on this $100 signing bonus with the MBNA travel?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #123
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
Any students here that got approved by MBNC? Do they require a certain amount of income for the Smart Cash card?
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #124
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplex123 View Post
Any students here that got approved by MBNC? Do they require a certain amount of income for the Smart Cash card?
I don't think they do since I got one last year. You can also put down household income (I think). They're not strict on handing out that card.
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #125

Quote:
Right, but its a recurring $150 annual fee. If your able to waive that forever then I'm pretty sure there are people on this thread who would love to sign up with you.

EDIT: You get a 10,000 anniversary bonus reward miles every year. Effectively the annual fee for this card is $50 a year. Now seriously, if your able to waive that $150 FOREVER, I'm sure people will sign up with you by the flocks.
heh i wish i could waive the fee for everyone. even as staff i have to pay an annual fee, just half of it