REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 04-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #51
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
somoene got shot at 7 lounge, 7 years ago.

Also I love china mentality.

1) Make business
2) Throw money at it.
3) wonder WHY BUSINESS MEDIOCRE
Advertisement
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #52
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee123 View Post
hows the crowd there? full of douchebag richmond uncles?

btw what does "Pek Cheung" mean?
Mostly older crowd (compared to other pek cheungs full of kids) mixed in with a few honger crowds.

Pek Cheung is basically what I classify a full-on Asian style drinking place complete with sets of dice in cups and everyone screaming "sup, sup mm, HOI SAI!"
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #53
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Mostly older crowd (compared to other pek cheungs full of kids) mixed in with a few honger crowds.

Pek Cheung is basically what I classify a full-on Asian style drinking place complete with sets of dice in cups and everyone screaming "sup, sup mm, HOI SAI!"
ahh ic, it should be "pek wall (in chinese)" i heard dice games are banned in richmond drinking places nowadays?

what caused the bann of it?
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:10 AM   #54
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee123 View Post
you'll prob run into some "Pk" (poke gai) honger girls who drink and go to C-daus everyday (ones with no life) (the ones with heavy make up who date older guys and give you the "i'm so popular" additude") typical richmond/Vancouver gangster wanabe girls
lol i don't care. i don't expect to have a deep intellectual conversation with them anyway. they just gotta hot or at least interesting in some aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
OK who actually listens to soft jazz?
why not lol i'd say if you only listen to ... less 4-5 major music genres, you're really limiting yourself.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #55
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Bump. Looking for a lounge that plays soft jazz like music, preferably one that isnt asian. Something that has coffee and snacks.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #56
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
Bumping an old thread...

Lately, I've been wanting to find a more quiet place to hang out and have some drinks. It seems hard to find a bar/lounge in vancouver that doesn't have loud music or a bunch of tvs. I just googled some bars in vancouver and was wondering if anyone has any experiences with any of the ones on this list?

World's Best Bars

Or if anyone has any suggestions, I would like to hear it. Thanks
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #57

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Bump. Looking for a lounge that plays soft jazz like music, preferably one that isnt asian. Something that has coffee and snacks.
Fairmont Pacific Rim Lobby Lounge has live music on weekends and its relatively quiet.
drink is a rip off, and food is meh though
but good atmosphere if you just want to sit and socialize with a friend in a quieter setting.
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #58
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Ginger62 used to be nice, but the last time I went there was about 7 years ago. I'm not much of a lounge type of guy.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #59

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyx View Post
Bumping an old thread...

Lately, I've been wanting to find a more quiet place to hang out and have some drinks. It seems hard to find a bar/lounge in vancouver that doesn't have loud music or a bunch of tvs. I just googled some bars in vancouver and was wondering if anyone has any experiences with any of the ones on this list?

World's Best Bars

Or if anyone has any suggestions, I would like to hear it. Thanks
ROFLMAO Bar None, Pop Opera, ?! The picture of the martini glass/olive for Alibi Room is somewhat misleading, most people go there for the beer selection; overall a bad/inaccurate list.

Hotel bars/lounges such as (UVA, Yew, Bacchus, Reflections, etc), Salt Tasting Room, Chill Winston, The Diamond, Pourhouse, L'Abbatoir may be things you're looking foor.
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: