REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 04-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #26
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoiak View Post
FOH REALS?
20 If i have to pay cover and coat check
max ive spent was 60 on my good girl friends bday
Advertisement
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:35 PM   #27
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
FOH REALS?
Girls are fucking cheap at clubs ! They are so cheap, they share a "coat check" with their friends (hang their coats together for the price of one) and some just mack on their promoter friends (guys) so they can get in for free.

They dunt spend $ on drinks cause they can just get guys to treat them etc

You won't see many girls treating guy drinks LOL

For taxi rides home, if they go with guys, most likely they won't have to pay

In conclusion: if girls are lucky, they may get away with paying $0 while guys spend $60-$200 easily

Last edited by blee123; 04-01-2012 at 12:45 PM.
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #28
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee123 View Post
Girls are fucking cheap at clubs ! They are so cheap, they share a "coat check" with their friends (hang their coats together for the price of one) and some just mack on their promoter friends (guys) so they can get in for free.

They dunt spend $ on drinks cause they can just get guys to treat them etc

You won't see many girls treating guy drinks LOL
You cant share coat check. They charge u by # of coats/purses even a scarf once.
I usually coat check together with ny friends so i dont have to carry that number thing around

but yeah like most guys said dont get sucked into buying girls drinks
most of the times they wont even give u their real names unless u spend A LOT on them.

I dont leech off guys but if they offer first, hey why not?
Old 04-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #29
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
your 19. at 19 i was living on my own starting college, fun life was the last thing on my mind. Honestly, you have much of your life ahead of you don't stress about having a 'boring' life right now. Get your shit together then start to do things you can sustain financially.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #30
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowda9 View Post
Fuu I wish i was in school. If I don't get accepted into college for this fall, then its another year of effing around. Now THAT would be boring. I guess I'm in the opposite boat as you. I've messed around for way too long now and wish i was in school lol.
Lol somewhat similar to me. Party/rave at least 4 times a month and I don't remember the last time I touched a book and then all I'm doing is spending money eating out, buying clothes, going out in general etc. Cheaped out to go to Cali for a few weeks for vacation and ended up spending almost the same amount this month. friends in school always say they wish they were living my life but I'm sooooo looking forward to go to school.

To the op, I have no idea how to help you out but go on Facebook and message high school people and catch up and hang out I guess? Went out with a few old friends and had a solid time and lots of good laughs catching up
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #31
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
Lol somewhat similar to me. Party/rave at least 4 times a month and I don't remember the last time I touched a book and then all I'm doing is spending money eating out, buying clothes, going out in general etc. Cheaped out to go to Cali for a few weeks for vacation and ended up spending almost the same amount this month. friends in school always say they wish they were living my life but I'm sooooo looking forward to go to school.

To the op, I have no idea how to help you out but go on Facebook and message high school people and catch up and hang out I guess? Went out with a few old friends and had a solid time and lots of good laughs catching up
lol ya but I dont really do what you do either. Instead I'm working full time in a shitty job, graveyard shift and making barely any money. Since I work nights, my schedule doesnt fit well with others and I"m too tired to hang out most of the times. I can't bear to think that I'll be doing this for another year if i dont get accepted into school this fall.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
You cant share coat check. They charge u by # of coats/purses even a scarf once.
I usually coat check together with ny friends so i dont have to carry that number thing around

but yeah like most guys said dont get sucked into buying girls drinks
most of the times they wont even give u their real names unless u spend A LOT on them.

I dont leech off guys but if they offer first, hey why not?
At some clubs, you can share coat checks cause they all hang their jackets on the "same" hanger. They only get charged once ($5) and I know this cause this chick I know who's cheap told me so. This only works for jackets and not purses or scarfs.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #33

Keep in mind the OP has school as well. Depending on his workload, he won't be able to find a stable job that pays well to pay off rent and go to school and have his basic necessities such as food etc.

Ask your friends what they're doing and if possible invite yourself if you're interested. Try to aim for hangouts that are different and may get you to meet new people and try new things. As for money, get a job for small income enough for you to go out and have fun. Finally, as for your mom.. that's entirely up to you to tell her you're old enough to do these things without her worrying so much. You can't be afraid to argue your freedom.
Mining is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #34
PRINCESS

Quote:
At some clubs, you can share coat checks cause they all hang their jackets on the "same" hanger. They only get charged once ($5) and I know this cause this chick I know who's cheap told me so. This only works for jackets and not purses or scarfs.
Ohh i see
time for me to start cheaping out too then LOL
bar none charged my friend $5 for a tiny silk scarf wtf
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #35
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

At the age of 19, it`s going to be difficult to find a stable job that is enough for rent/food/utilities/going out(clubbing/etc). Also, you're going to be working a lot, and fall behind your studies in school. Just do a simple calculation, and you will see how much money you can save by living at home. Not to mention, who's going to take care of your mother if you ditch her? I'm sure your mother doesn't want you to move out, and she seems like she's over-protective because she cares about you. You should have a talk with her, and explain how you are 19, and you are responsible enough to not do drugs, etc, and that you just want to stay out a bit later.

For the life is boring part, why don't you try and pick up a hobby, or a goal you want to work towards. For example, you mentioned working out (focus in this?), or what about cars, sports, etc? As for a job, it shouldn't be too difficult to find a part-time job, as you mentioned you're willing to work at odd-hours and not picky with the type of job to work at.
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #36

Quote:
Ohh i see
That's why clubbing is gay in vancouver. They don't make enough $ from the drinks therefore they try to rape you during coat check. At some clubs, if u take ur jacket from the coat check and chill outside for a while and then come back, they will tell u to pay them an additional $3 to put ur jacket back when u hv already paid $5 at first.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #37

clubbing in vancouver
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #38

first time i have ever gotten so many "thanks" here on revscene for 1 posts
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #39

Quote:
Ohh i see
last time this chick told me Boss nightclub charged them $25 to store their purse and it is "required" cause they cant be carrying around in clubs

Boss nightclub?

Clubbing in vancouver?
Old 04-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #40
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,339 Times in 969 Posts
to be honest, you're 19. I got something to say to you.
STAY home, finish your school, find a part time job and respect your parent.

There is NOTHING wrong living at home finishing your school. You know what's worse, getting a shit ass job, moving out, get enticed by money and quit or prolong your school, ditch your relationship with your parents (because I have money bitches, i don't want to talk to my mom and dad because they're too controlling). In the end, you are back at where you started, being a broke poor college / university student trying to make ends meet. A lot of people get stuck at this level until they are 30.

I'm not saying this happens to everyone, but there are a few things that are universal. RESPECTING your parents; yes, while you might move out and earn a great living, you NEVER know when you might have to move back home. Don't burn your bridges.

Clubbing, girls, bring pimp meeting people at a bar are all smokes and screens. Fuck that shit. Don't be lured into doing things you don't want to. Don't be a pimp when you can't afford to me. Do things that you like and build friendships that are meaningful. You might think it's hard to do now, good luck when you're graduating and go out in the real world. THE best friends you're going to meet will be in University years.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #41

people at clubs are the fakest people you'll ever meet, everyone will act all G and shit when they see someone they know and be like "wasup bro (handshake)" and girls will be like "heeyyyyyyyyyyy, long time no see (guy hugs the girl)" acting all close when they arent even close then everyone will go back to their circle of friends and act all busy and popular by texting and bbming

by the way, you'll see alot of "mother hens' at clubs watching over their girl friends too

and i forgot to mention this above but some girls are so cheap that they only go clubbin when its 'ladies night" or events where girls enter free before 11pm

btw i havent been to any white promoted clubs, are they the same as asian ones where the promoters wear those lame ass tags around their neck and stick together in a group constantly checking their phones?

Last edited by blee123; 04-01-2012 at 08:37 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #42
I am Hook'd on RS

^ lol true
infin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #43
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
is this thread about clubbing in vancouver or about suggesting OP how to lead a more exciting life?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #44
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
try being a yes man for awhile. Don't turn down any invitation by anybody to do anything even if it something you don't normally do or have interest in.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
is this thread about clubbing in vancouver or about suggesting OP how to lead a more exciting life?
Op was kinda worried about him missing out on the fun at clubs so i thought i'd shed some light on that.

The clubbing comments made this thread more interesting
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #46
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 463 Posts
RS meet to show this kid how to have an awesome time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
my rule of thumb when picking between 2 or more girls .. always go with the one with bigger boobs
palepilsenpin0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #47
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
to be honest, you're 19. I got something to say to you.
STAY home, finish your school, find a part time job and respect your parent.

There is NOTHING wrong living at home finishing your school. You know what's worse, getting a shit ass job, moving out, get enticed by money and quit or prolong your school, ditch your relationship with your parents (because I have money bitches, i don't want to talk to my mom and dad because they're too controlling). In the end, you are back at where you started, being a broke poor college / university student trying to make ends meet. A lot of people get stuck at this level until they are 30.

I'm not saying this happens to everyone, but there are a few things that are universal. RESPECTING your parents; yes, while you might move out and earn a great living, you NEVER know when you might have to move back home. Don't burn your bridges.

Clubbing, girls, bring pimp meeting people at a bar are all smokes and screens. Fuck that shit. Don't be lured into doing things you don't want to. Don't be a pimp when you can't afford to me. Do things that you like and build friendships that are meaningful. You might think it's hard to do now, good luck when you're graduating and go out in the real world. THE best friends you're going to meet will be in University years.
You kind of make it sound like I disrespect my mom. I'm actually really close with her because ever since she and my dad divorced, she doesn't talk to her friends anymore (they were my dad's business partner's wives). I would NEVER burn bridges with my mom. I'm just saying I wished she would let me out more.

"THE best friends you're going to meet will be in University years"
that's what I'm trying to find? LOL . I'm close with my highschool friends but I'm just bored of the things we do, and they don't want to change activities.
Paranoiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #48

Quote:
people at clubs are the fakest people you'll ever meet, everyone will act all G and shit when they see someone they know and be like "wasup bro (handshake)" and girls will be like "heeyyyyyyyyyyy, long time no see (guy hugs the girl)" acting all close when they arent even close then everyone will go back to their circle of friends and act all busy and popular by texting and bbming

by the way, you'll see alot of "mother hens' at clubs watching over their girl friends too

and i forgot to mention this above but some girls are so cheap that they only go clubbin when its 'ladies night" or events where girls enter free before 11pm

btw i havent been to any white promoted clubs, are they the same as asian ones where the promoters wear those lame ass tags around their neck and stick together in a group constantly checking their phones?
My friend said the same thing about how everyone stays within their groups ect. (she's a girl)
But then my other friend (a guy), he's like "oh shit! got with so many chicks last night blah blah" .. if you didn't know him, you'd think he was a nerd, so I was surprised he was having so much fun in clubs. He said its like the best thing ever blah blah which is why I'm interested LOL

idk if there is different perspectives in gender..
Old 04-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #49
PRINCESS

Quote:
My friend said the same thing about how everyone stays within their groups ect. (she's a girl)
But then my other friend (a guy), he's like "oh shit! got with so many chicks last night blah blah" .. if you didn't know him, you'd think he was a nerd, so I was surprised he was having so much fun in clubs. He said its like the best thing ever blah blah which is why I'm interested LOL

idk if there is different perspectives in gender..
Dude trust me. Youd be so dissapointed at how bs that is
hot girls at the clubs will only be nice to you if:
1) guy spends shit load of $$$$$
2) your 10/10
3) so ugly and nerdy to the point girls think youre a lil dork and think youre cute and harmless

most of the times when guys tell me "omg i made out with like 3 chicks and took them home" theyre usually the ugly left overs

i have never gone home with a guy before after clubbing. Neither has any of my good looking girl friends
only one i know that sleeps around like crazy is this chick i know who has insecurity issues (she used to tell me about it) and needs attention. 4/10 max

since youre legal and all you should try clubbing. But its nothing special. I have met decent guys from clubs. Im still friends with a lot of them. However its rare to find ppl through clubbing.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #50

Quote:
Dude trust me. Youd be so dissapointed at how bs that is
hot girls at the clubs will only be nice to you if:
1) guy spends shit load of $$$$$
2) your 10/10
3) so ugly and nerdy to the point girls think youre a lil dork and think youre cute and harmless

most of the times when guys tell me "omg i made out with like 3 chicks and took them home" theyre usually the ugly left overs

i have never gone home with a guy before after clubbing. Neither has any of my good looking girl friends
only one i know that sleeps around like crazy is this chick i know who has insecurity issues (she used to tell me about it) and needs attention. 4/10 max
damn.. my friend must be the "ugly/nerdy" type lol