REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Euro Tech Resources

Euro Tech Resources All Euros (VW, BMW, Benz, Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc) Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 04-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Help with Muffler change?

Hey guys,
i currently drive a 2006 bmw 323i
so I took out my resonator over the weekend and it did not seem to have much change. I was looking for a louder noise but not too loud.
So i called the shop and they said my next option would be to change the muffler. I am not quite familiar with the muffler thing. But after surfing through the net i found MagnaFlow to be my best bet. But checking online i found like numerous different kinds so i am now confused which one is actually able to fit a bmw 323i? any help would be appreciated.
If possible maybe provide me with a link? thanks
Advertisement
DTK325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
RS controls my life!

Welcome to Eisenmann North America
Eisenmann Exhaust Systems - Eisenmann Exhaust Systems

Look around e90post.com
jtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

well if you don't want to spend too much money, i would suggest to get the muffler delete.

If it is too loud, put a resonator back. I used to have bmw and thats how ended up getting a louder exhaust.

You might lose a bit of back pressure but it is not noticeable at all!

good luck

i could refer you the custom muffler shop that i got mine done before?
kht0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Oh custom muffler so do they design your whole system?
I was looking at an magnaflow muffler? im pretty sure it would make a significant difference.
I just dont really want to put the resonator back since i just got it done LOL, money would be wasted. And muffler delete would be im sure too loud. I heard custom piping would work but not sure how much it'd cost. Which shop did u go to?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #5
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

@Jtrinh those are amazing but i dont think i am wanting to spend that much on my 3 series , maybe if in the future i get a better car.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #6
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

i got it done @ quiet mufflers on kingsway. They know what they are doing. Magnaflow muffler would get you louder sound and pretty sure a bit more power to it.

For the muffler delete, my car was too loud without the muffler because i did not have resonator too. So i ended up putting a resonator but no muffler. It cost me around 280 with muffler delete and new resonator.

It would be better if you had changed muffler in the first place, not deleting the resonator. This way, you could have saved a bit of cash.
kht0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #7
Banned By Establishment

my best advice would be a electronic cutout valve. Basically you have a switch that switches from straight pipes to stock exhaust, i have it installed on my v8 bmw and its awsome, quiet for when cops are around, loud when i need it
nestea69 is offline   Reply With Quote