REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 04-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Allegiant Air Carry-On Fee: Budget Airline Announces $35 Fee

FYI

Quote:
Allegiant Air announced on Monday that it would start charging passengers $35 for carry-on luggage by Wednesday.

According to AirlineReporter.com, the bag fee will go live on the airline's website at midnight Tuesday. Spokesman Jessica Wheeler confirmed to the website that passengers will be allowed one free personal item, such as a purse or briefcase, but anything larger will incur a fee. Passengers can pay the $35 fee at the airport, or "check in" their carry-on prior to heading to the airport in order to save an undisclosed (or perhaps as-yet-to-be-determined) amount.

Allegiant won't be the first airline to charge passengers for their carry-on bags. In 2010, Matt Lauer told Spirit CEO Ben Baldanza that the airline's policy to charge for carry-ons will go over "like a fart in a church." In August 2010, the budget airline installed its $45 carry-on fee.

Allegiant Air Carry-On Fee: Budget Airline Announces $35 Fee
Advertisement

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Perhaps more incentive to fly directly to Vegas on Westjet instead...

Some say that could mean flyers without carry-on bags will fly cheaper, but not likely, given the sale prices they already have from Bellingham to Vegas.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

My trip is mid April to Vegas and I booked the air fair/hotel 2 weeks ago, will this still affect me?

If so, such a bad luck for me~
i-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d87c View Post
My trip is mid April to Vegas and I booked the air fair/hotel 2 weeks ago, will this still affect me?

If so, such a bad luck for me~
News articles says previous bookings aren't affected. Will only apply for new bookings.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
thats good at least, I'm heading to Phoenix end of July.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
I'm invisible

How much more is to check in luggage? Say between 2 people, would it be cheaper to check in 1 large instead of 2 small carry on pieces?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
I think checked baggage is $35 as well. I know a lot of people would take a small suitcase with their clothes as a carry on.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote