REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   THE OFFICIAL NON-CANUCKS HOCKEY FAN THREAD (https://www.revscene.net/forums/666023-official-non-canucks-hockey-fan-thread.html)

Mr.Ping 04-05-2012 01:33 PM

THE OFFICIAL NON-CANUCKS HOCKEY FAN THREAD

No Flaming.

----------------------------------------

Many of us are hockey fans...of another team. Nothing against you Canuck fans..just a place for "out of town" hockey fans to chat.

Mr.Ping 04-05-2012 01:33 PM

To start ... what do you guys think is happening to the Detroits Red Wings ? Their inconsistant plays has me worry that their long dynasty is coming to an end...

woooo 04-06-2012 10:21 AM

The red wings will always compete. If lidstrom does retire then who knows suter/ weber could be a reality with the cap space void. In addition vateri took another step forward and proved he can contribute. They won't be dominant but still a playoff lock and cup contender. Their current struggles are primarily due to Howard's injury and inconsistent play since. If he's healthy they will be fine. That being said I'm sure they are hoping to somehow avoid Nashville in the first round.

Vale46Rossi 04-06-2012 11:58 AM

I don't mind as long as you guys don't bandwagon jumping IF your team gets eliminated!

dinamix 04-06-2012 01:19 PM

Crickets

bd0n 04-06-2012 02:38 PM

:alone:

Sentinel 04-07-2012 08:44 AM

As much as I don't like Calgary. I hope Iginla gets traded to a contender
That guy deserves a chance at the shot at the cup. If he stays with
Calgary he won't be going anywhere other then 1st round exit.

Super classy guy. Donates $2,000 for each goal he scores, helping the 4 Canadians in Salt Lake City with their hotel bill. Iggy deserves a better team.

RayBot 04-07-2012 12:53 PM

I'm a huge Nashville Predators fan....just as I am a Canucks fan.
I'm really stoked to see the Preds in the top echelon of the Western Conference, and they did so many right moves at the trade deadline. But I don't care if the Predators have gotten better and the Red Wings have softened....the Red Wings always seem to get the last laugh.

By the way....watching a game at Bridgestone Arena is just absolutely awesome. Even thoughh the ice area is a barn like the Pacific Coliseum....the atmosphere is just electric. Southerners really know how to enjoy their sports.

bd0n 04-07-2012 11:47 PM

As a vancouver resident, i hope to god i dont see another replay of last years cup. Theirs nothing worse then having to sit in a room of friends crying and pissed off, while not trying not to jump to the moon; then the riot, it allmost soured the win.

so lets go LA! :fullofwin:

ae101 04-08-2012 07:44 AM

i been a red wings fan since the 1st time i saw them play against the nucks back in 94 & when my dad told me the history about them

my dads a blackhawks fan cuz the 1st time he watch hockey was in chicago back in the 70s during his uni years

red wings had always kept with old players thats got skills but never seem to work out during overtime ~sigh~

RayBot 04-08-2012 08:29 AM

^^^ My first game was in 94 watching the Red Wings too!!

Yzerman is my favorite player of all time.

taylorswift13 04-08-2012 01:59 PM

Martan Brodoooooor.. NJD dynasty baby!!!

RayBot 04-08-2012 04:21 PM

I've been encouraging my idiot canuck fans friends not to jump off the bandwagon.

Funny thing about 'dyanasty eras' as the above two were stating....is that they start in very odd ways.

If you recall...When the Detroit Red Wings started their dynasty era....they were SWEPT by the New Jersey Devils in the Finals. But after that, the Red Wings were an elite team for MANY years after that.

So many Canucks fans are bitching..."Oh, we're not gonna see the Stanley Cup Finals for another 17 years!"

stupid remark....

ae101 04-08-2012 08:43 PM

sooooooooo how about them maple leafs :troll:

RayBot 04-08-2012 08:57 PM

I'd love for them to get better...I thought they were going to be able to compete this year. What the hell happened midway through the season?

The Hype 04-09-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylorswift13 (Post 7879345)
Martan Brodoooooor.. NJD dynasty baby!!!

Painful as it was to watch him shut the door on Anaheim in game 7 of the '03 Finals, I love Marty. That being said, I hope they manage to get out of the first round of the playoffs this year, which I think they can do.

Dynasty teams then lasted a lot longer than they will now. Unless most of the core players take less to stay together, teams only have a couple years to really do some damage nowadays it seems. That being said, this is why scouting and player development is so important.

I seriously hope my Ducks (well Bob Murray) gets their act together for next season :(

Mr.Ping 04-09-2012 07:45 AM

I just don't want to see Red Wing vs Sharks again. God...if there is a team that dives more than Canucks ...it's the Sharks.

Band wagon jumping ? what is that ? My team was mathematically eliminated like 8 games ago. I have never once cheer for any other team.

my teams goes...

1. Minnesota Wild
2. Who ever plays against the canucks
3. Which ever team i hate less.

I notice a lot of Canuck fans have a second favorite team. weird...can't really imagine that.

Mr.Ping 04-09-2012 07:46 AM

Steve Y is my favorite modern player ... there is no captain better...

RayBot 04-09-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Ping (Post 7880038)
I just don't want to see Red Wing vs Sharks again. God...if there is a team that dives more than Canucks ...it's the Sharks.

Band wagon jumping ? what is that ? My team was mathematically eliminated like 8 games ago. I have never once cheer for any other team.

my teams goes...

1. Minnesota Wild
2. Who ever plays against the canucks
3. Which ever team i hate less.

I notice a lot of Canuck fans have a second favorite team. weird...can't really imagine that.

Whats wrong with liking more than one team??

Hockey is a game...not a religion.

Whoever made that rule of only having loyalty to a single team was most likely a fat, sports obsessed person who treats sports like religion. And honestly....i have a few friends that are like that, and I cannot STAND watching hockey, or hear them talk about hockey...or doing anything with them related with hockey because they just plain out talk like they are retarded.

Soundy 04-09-2012 08:26 AM

Should change the title of this thread to "THE OFFICIAL COME-OUT-OF-THE-CLOSET-AND-MAKE-YOURSELF-AN-RS-PARIAH THREAD" :troll:

SkinnyPupp 04-09-2012 08:58 AM

Should change the title to :alone:

spideyv2 04-09-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hype (Post 7879901)
Painful as it was to watch him shut the door on Anaheim in game 7 of the '03 Finals, I love Marty. That being said, I hope they manage to get out of the first round of the playoffs this year, which I think they can do.

Dynasty teams then lasted a lot longer than they will now. Unless most of the core players take less to stay together, teams only have a couple years to really do some damage nowadays it seems. That being said, this is why scouting and player development is so important.

I seriously hope my Ducks (well Bob Murray) gets their act together for next season :(

My brother and I were pulling for the Ducks after the Canucks got eliminated that year. Giguere was amazing during that cup run

RayBot 04-09-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 7880174)
My brother and I were pulling for the Ducks after the Canucks got eliminated that year. Giguere was amazing during that cup run

Giguere was even more amazing the year they made the finals and lost to the Devils.

Boy those Ducks were such an underdog team back then....i am so shocked they got them to game 7.

The Hype 04-09-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 7880245)
Giguere was even more amazing the year they made the finals and lost to the Devils.

Boy those Ducks were such an underdog team back then....i am so shocked they got them to game 7.

I think he might be talking about the same one you are... 2003. Bigtime underdog team. Scoring by commitee (very spread out, even stupid Paul Kariya). Giguere was sublime, totally deserved that Conn Smythe. Undefeated in playoff overtime that year, and the only time he's ever been beaten in playoff overtime was against the Canucks in '07. Jeff Cowan scored on him IIRC. So sad to see that '07 team disintegrate, thanks Brian Burke!

spideyv2 04-09-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 7880245)

yeah, I'm talking about their '03 run.

I will never forget this

Kariya is one of my all-time favourites