REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

THE OFFICIAL NON-CANUCKS HOCKEY FAN THREAD

No Flaming.

----------------------------------------

Many of us are hockey fans...of another team. Nothing against you Canuck fans..just a place for "out of town" hockey fans to chat.
Advertisement
Mr.Ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #2

To start ... what do you guys think is happening to the Detroits Red Wings ? Their inconsistant plays has me worry that their long dynasty is coming to an end...
Old 04-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

The red wings will always compete. If lidstrom does retire then who knows suter/ weber could be a reality with the cap space void. In addition vateri took another step forward and proved he can contribute. They won't be dominant but still a playoff lock and cup contender. Their current struggles are primarily due to Howard's injury and inconsistent play since. If he's healthy they will be fine. That being said I'm sure they are hoping to somehow avoid Nashville in the first round.
woooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
I don't mind as long as you guys don't bandwagon jumping IF your team gets eliminated!
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Crickets
dinamix is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

bd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

As much as I don't like Calgary. I hope Iginla gets traded to a contender
That guy deserves a chance at the shot at the cup. If he stays with
Calgary he won't be going anywhere other then 1st round exit.

Super classy guy. Donates $2,000 for each goal he scores, helping the 4 Canadians in Salt Lake City with their hotel bill. Iggy deserves a better team.
Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

I'm a huge Nashville Predators fan....just as I am a Canucks fan.
I'm really stoked to see the Preds in the top echelon of the Western Conference, and they did so many right moves at the trade deadline. But I don't care if the Predators have gotten better and the Red Wings have softened....the Red Wings always seem to get the last laugh.

By the way....watching a game at Bridgestone Arena is just absolutely awesome. Even thoughh the ice area is a barn like the Pacific Coliseum....the atmosphere is just electric. Southerners really know how to enjoy their sports.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #9
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

As a vancouver resident, i hope to god i dont see another replay of last years cup. Theirs nothing worse then having to sit in a room of friends crying and pissed off, while not trying not to jump to the moon; then the riot, it allmost soured the win.

so lets go LA!
bd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i been a red wings fan since the 1st time i saw them play against the nucks back in 94 & when my dad told me the history about them

my dads a blackhawks fan cuz the 1st time he watch hockey was in chicago back in the 70s during his uni years

red wings had always kept with old players thats got skills but never seem to work out during overtime ~sigh~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #11

^^^ My first game was in 94 watching the Red Wings too!!

Yzerman is my favorite player of all time.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #12
I am Hook'd on RS

Martan Brodoooooor.. NJD dynasty baby!!!
taylorswift13 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #13

I've been encouraging my idiot canuck fans friends not to jump off the bandwagon.

Funny thing about 'dyanasty eras' as the above two were stating....is that they start in very odd ways.

If you recall...When the Detroit Red Wings started their dynasty era....they were SWEPT by the New Jersey Devils in the Finals. But after that, the Red Wings were an elite team for MANY years after that.

So many Canucks fans are bitching..."Oh, we're not gonna see the Stanley Cup Finals for another 17 years!"

stupid remark....
Old 04-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #14
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
sooooooooo how about them maple leafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #15

I'd love for them to get better...I thought they were going to be able to compete this year. What the hell happened midway through the season?
Old 04-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #16
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorswift13 View Post
Martan Brodoooooor.. NJD dynasty baby!!!
Painful as it was to watch him shut the door on Anaheim in game 7 of the '03 Finals, I love Marty. That being said, I hope they manage to get out of the first round of the playoffs this year, which I think they can do.

Dynasty teams then lasted a lot longer than they will now. Unless most of the core players take less to stay together, teams only have a couple years to really do some damage nowadays it seems. That being said, this is why scouting and player development is so important.

I seriously hope my Ducks (well Bob Murray) gets their act together for next season

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #17

I just don't want to see Red Wing vs Sharks again. God...if there is a team that dives more than Canucks ...it's the Sharks.

Band wagon jumping ? what is that ? My team was mathematically eliminated like 8 games ago. I have never once cheer for any other team.

my teams goes...

1. Minnesota Wild
2. Who ever plays against the canucks
3. Which ever team i hate less.

I notice a lot of Canuck fans have a second favorite team. weird...can't really imagine that.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #18

Steve Y is my favorite modern player ... there is no captain better...
Old 04-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ping View Post
I just don't want to see Red Wing vs Sharks again. God...if there is a team that dives more than Canucks ...it's the Sharks.

Band wagon jumping ? what is that ? My team was mathematically eliminated like 8 games ago. I have never once cheer for any other team.

my teams goes...

1. Minnesota Wild
2. Who ever plays against the canucks
3. Which ever team i hate less.

I notice a lot of Canuck fans have a second favorite team. weird...can't really imagine that.

Whats wrong with liking more than one team??

Hockey is a game...not a religion.

Whoever made that rule of only having loyalty to a single team was most likely a fat, sports obsessed person who treats sports like religion. And honestly....i have a few friends that are like that, and I cannot STAND watching hockey, or hear them talk about hockey...or doing anything with them related with hockey because they just plain out talk like they are retarded.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #20
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Should change the title of this thread to "THE OFFICIAL COME-OUT-OF-THE-CLOSET-AND-MAKE-YOURSELF-AN-RS-PARIAH THREAD"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #21
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Should change the title to
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #22
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hype View Post
Painful as it was to watch him shut the door on Anaheim in game 7 of the '03 Finals, I love Marty. That being said, I hope they manage to get out of the first round of the playoffs this year, which I think they can do.

Dynasty teams then lasted a lot longer than they will now. Unless most of the core players take less to stay together, teams only have a couple years to really do some damage nowadays it seems. That being said, this is why scouting and player development is so important.

I seriously hope my Ducks (well Bob Murray) gets their act together for next season
My brother and I were pulling for the Ducks after the Canucks got eliminated that year. Giguere was amazing during that cup run
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
My brother and I were pulling for the Ducks after the Canucks got eliminated that year. Giguere was amazing during that cup run
Giguere was even more amazing the year they made the finals and lost to the Devils.

Boy those Ducks were such an underdog team back then....i am so shocked they got them to game 7.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #24
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
Giguere was even more amazing the year they made the finals and lost to the Devils.

Boy those Ducks were such an underdog team back then....i am so shocked they got them to game 7.
I think he might be talking about the same one you are... 2003. Bigtime underdog team. Scoring by commitee (very spread out, even stupid Paul Kariya). Giguere was sublime, totally deserved that Conn Smythe. Undefeated in playoff overtime that year, and the only time he's ever been beaten in playoff overtime was against the Canucks in '07. Jeff Cowan scored on him IIRC. So sad to see that '07 team disintegrate, thanks Brian Burke!

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #25
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post

yeah, I'm talking about their '03 run.

I will never forget this

Kariya is one of my all-time favourites
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: