REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 04-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Cruises

Hey guys, I was wwondering if you guys knew of any cruises that have more asians in them. (I apologize in advance if I sound racist or anything)
Advertisement

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Yeah the ones in asia
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
I don't get it

are you talking about car cruises.....cause mostly any cruise you go on or meet's...asian dominates!
mercyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

go through an asian travel agent?
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

if you want asian only cruise..

star cruises cater to asian people

Star Cruises

warning: you get what you pay for, just imagine all the people in aberdeen in 1 ship. haha
and of course english will be a second language. so all announcements or anything will be in chinese.
Mr.JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
If you're talking about vancouver, those cheapo 3days cruises at the beginning and end season are dominated by local chinese tour groups. Prepare to get your ass raped waiting in line at Canada place. Other than that, RCL has been catering to some mainlanders in China, I think the same applies to Princess. HAL is just old people, don't bother.

If you do, do those 3days cruises, try to find a repositioning cruise to san fran/LA/San Deigo, they may have a fresh crew and better service.
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyboy View Post
are you talking about car cruises.....cause mostly any cruise you go on or meet's...asian dominates!
Nope, I disagree. The last cruise I went on, which departed from florida and headed for the carribean was dominated by african americans and mexicans. The other one I went on, which departed from LA and went to mexico, was ALSO dominated by african americans and mexicans. Quite frankly, it's quite intimidating sometimes when you got a cruise that's full of african americans and mexicans. Like I said before, I'm not racist or anything, I'm totally fine with blacks and mexicans, but when you're inside a steam room and you got 7 other black guys in there and you're the only asian guy, there's more or less some kind of tension going on especially since I'm not american...

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.

Last edited by instantneedles; 04-07-2012 at 05:56 PM.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #8
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Sounds like carnival cruise to me haha
Mr.JDM is offline   Reply With Quote