REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #26
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

get all the pussy you can. When goes back to him, let him know he's tasting your dick when he kissed her.

she wont stay. move on.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:59 AM   #27
I STILL don't get it

If she has to consider it, she's not worthy of your time. Save yourself from the heartbreak.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:50 AM   #28
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
My GF and I had pretty much the same thing when we first met. She had just gotten out of a long-term relationship with her ex and she still had feelings for him. They broke up because he kept cheating on her. Anyways, he kept calling in the middle of the night, stopping by her place unsolicited, etc.

After like 5-6 weeks of this shit, I broke it off. I told her I had it with the bullshit drama, especially with finals coming up, and I didn't want to waste my summer on a relationship that clearly wasn't going to work. She ended up getting back together with him, but they broke up again after like a month because he cheated on her again.

We ended up running into each other at a bar that summer, spent the night together talking, pretty much got back together after that and have been together (mostly) for the last 8.5 years now.

Anyways, the point is don't bother trying to compete with the other guy. No good will come out of it until she's completely over him and, from the sounds of it, it seems like she still wants to give this other guy another chance. Let her make that mistake and you go do your thing in the meantime. Life's too short for unnecessary drama and bullshit ...
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #29
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
My GF and I had pretty much the same thing when we first met. She had just gotten out of a long-term relationship with her ex and she still had feelings for him. They broke up because he kept cheating on her. Anyways, he kept calling in the middle of the night, stopping by her place unsolicited, etc.

After like 5-6 weeks of this shit, I broke it off. I told her I had it with the bullshit drama, especially with finals coming up, and I didn't want to waste my summer on a relationship that clearly wasn't going to work. She ended up getting back together with him, but they broke up again after like a month because he cheated on her again.

We ended up running into each other at a bar that summer, spent the night together talking, pretty much got back together after that and have been together (mostly) for the last 8.5 years now.

Anyways, the point is don't bother trying to compete with the other guy. No good will come out of it until she's completely over him and, from the sounds of it, it seems like she still wants to give this other guy another chance. Let her make that mistake and you go do your thing in the meantime. Life's too short for unnecessary drama and bullshit ...
that was a gamble on your part though. imagine that he did change and that he didn't cheat on your girl again, then you two wouldn't have been together. i almost feel that if you didn't break up with her and continued to stay by her side, she would eventually see the difference between you and her ex. however, as a few have mentioned, she may have residual feelings and it may be rocky at first, but good can come out of it. in your situation though, you took a gamble and won. lucky that guy was a douche and cheated again.
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #30
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yameen View Post
that was a gamble on your part though. imagine that he did change and that he didn't cheat on your girl again, then you two wouldn't have been together. i almost feel that if you didn't break up with her and continued to stay by her side, she would eventually see the difference between you and her ex. however, as a few have mentioned, she may have residual feelings and it may be rocky at first, but good can come out of it. in your situation though, you took a gamble and won. lucky that guy was a douche and cheated again.
It wasn't much of a gamble. We all went to high school together, so I knew what he was like.

The fact that it may be rocky at first just makes it far less appealing. The best part of a relationship is the first ~6 months when it's all fun and no stress. Why throw away the good times in a relationship ?

If you're going to "fight for her," at the very least tell her that you don't want her to have anything to do with her ex. You'll find out really quick if the relationship was already dead or not.

Last edited by Jmac; 04-26-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote