REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #51
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
I started manscaping a few months ago and the hairs grow back so thick and quickly now

Fuuuu, dunno what to do brahs

spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #52
Old School RS

Thanked 3,931 Times in 1,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.T View Post
I think I'm of the type that cares about achieving the 'clean' look.

I shower every day, brush my teeth once a day, and wash my hair every 2 days.
I also tend to put lotion on if I notice any dry areas on my skin. My face around my mouth and nose tend to get dry along with parts of my forearm, the area between my thumb and index, as well as my heels. So in these areas I tend to put lotion but I don't have to do it too often. I usually do it if it's dry to the point where it's obvious (white, flaky).

I shave every day pretty much and use the facial scrubber + cooling gel which I got from P&G from the freebies thread in VOT.

Don't trim pits or pubes but I am considering trimming my pits just for the "clean" look.

I think over the years I've developed certain habits for maintaining a clean and fresh look while minimizing any possibility of odours.

I put on anti-perspirant every day.
I never wear the same shirt two days in a row but if I didn't sweat in them then I may wear the same one again on the third or 4th day after, though in the summer I wouldn't do this for t-shirts.

I have 3 pairs of shoes and always alternate. I guess that's why my shoes never smell.

For socks I wear ankle low-cut ones, usually the ones with the thicker soles and heels, and I try to keep white ones white so if I know I'm going to be walking around in an area with no carpet I will wear grey/black ones instead if possible. The dirtiest my white socks have gotten is the typical grayish tinge that occurs after repeated washings.

Change my underwear every day.

I don't know why but I am sort of a stickler for (own) cleanliness, though I certainly don't bother about other people's hygiene as long as it doesn't affect me or physically bother me (like if there's an odour).

My gf is a clean girl and while I wouldn't mind if she doesn't shave her pits (she's from China but she shaves her areas ) it doesn't hurt that she cares about how she presents herself.
Lol you think you go over and above the average because you brush your teeth once a day and change your underwear every day?? I would hope that is the absolute minimum that the average person would do... personally I brush twice a day and floss every day and would brush a third time if I could find a way to do it at the office without being a huge dork...

Mark
Old 07-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #53
xxx

You're right about the underwear part but I'm referring to everything else I do as a whole. I can't comment on gong 'over and above the average' as I didn't really say that but like I said I tend to try to aim for the clean look.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #54
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

someone else asked but no answer so thought id ask again. any recommended places in richmond for eyebrow cleaning? my eyebrows getting bushy as fuark
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:25 AM   #55
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Just go monalisa on fraser, pree close to ricemond
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2012, 04:50 AM   #56
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

For anyone wanting to trim your pubes etc, buy the Phillips Male Body Groom PRO. It's much better than the regular Body Groom. Somehow it's engineered to cut hair in a way that it doesn't really itch at all when it starts growing back. Amazing. Fortunately, I don't have much body hair to begin with.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #57
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBPTL6o4 View Post
Just go monalisa on fraser, pree close to ricemond
fraser and what? and how much it cost?? also is it E.I. ? i need EI :P
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #58
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
question for guys out there.

how many of you take care of your appearance? i mean so in a way such as getting your eyebrows shaped every now and then, always clean shaven, wax your chest/back, shave/trim your armpits, your pubes n whatnot...

i ask cause i was out with a girl today and she says i was the first guy shes ever seen who shaves/trims armpits...wich kinda blew me away seeing as how i know dozens of guys who do this....so it got me thinking...

so, how many of you guys do grooming on yourselves?
i liek to think i take care of my appearance, my gf shapes my eyebrows every now and then but i just take care of the middle ahah, clean shaven most of the time, i dont trip my armpits thats weird and my pubes i only trim when im single lol and im lazy to style my hair, didnt like spending 20mins for just my hair so i get it cut short
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #59
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
fraser and what? and how much it cost?? also is it E.I. ? i need EI :P
Fraser & 50th I believe, and it's $5.60 for a brow clean-up
pinn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #60
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer3 View Post
someone else asked but no answer so thought id ask again. any recommended places in richmond for eyebrow cleaning? my eyebrows getting bushy as fuark
I go to Namira hair salon next to Dollarmax (across richmond centre, No 3 rd). $5 for eye brow threading.
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #61
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
For anyone wanting to trim your pubes etc, buy the Phillips Male Body Groom PRO. It's much better than the regular Body Groom. Somehow it's engineered to cut hair in a way that it doesn't really itch at all when it starts growing back. Amazing. Fortunately, I don't have much body hair to begin with.
Where can you get them? Seems pretty expensive.
etodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #62
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I just pluck in between my eyebrows so I don't get a unibrow goin. I also use this facial wash since I've heard so much about it but tbh I don't notice a difference. After showing I will moisturise my face because it always gets mad flaky afterwards. Right now the one I'm using is a sunscreen as well.

Can anyone recommend a facial moisturiser without SPF that is water based and good for sensitive skin? Every one I've tried my forehead always gets oily as hell.
JACKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #63
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
^

i use this on my face after showering, i HATE applying any kind of cream/lotion on my face as i hate the oily feeling, n like u, my face gets dried out and flaky after shower

Lab Series Skincare for Men | TREAT | MOISTURIZERS | WATER LOTION

unfortunately i dont know where to buy this locally as i can only find it in stores in hk
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #64
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
^

i use this on my face after showering, i HATE applying any kind of cream/lotion on my face as i hate the oily feeling, n like u, my face gets dried out and flaky after shower

Lab Series Skincare for Men | TREAT | MOISTURIZERS | WATER LOTION

unfortunately i dont know where to buy this locally as i can only find it in stores in hk
Aramis Lab Series Water Lotion skincare for men fragrance free oil free 1.7 oz | eBay
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #65
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
$20 for 50ml vs $30 for 200ml
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #66
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
$20 for 50ml vs $30 for 200ml
Only ships to USA currently so ebay is your best bet right now.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #67
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

does anyone know a better hair clay brand than alberto?
around 3-8$ ?
LookitsMarkA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #68
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
forgot about this thread

anyways, the girl who currently waxes my chest and back is moving away next month, so ive got a month to find a new person to do it. anyone know anyone? prefferably someone who can do it from their house, and in the burnaby/portmoody/vancouver area? i ask if it can be done from their house because im usually not free to have it done till around 8-9pm...so its just easier and more conveniant.

PS

for anyone whos interested, as some of you have gf's, tons of women sign up for this thing called a luxebox, wich is every 4 months you get a box mailed to your house of high end samples of cosmetic shit and etc..

well, the guys version is now out, its called Home page its 100$ a year, i got my first box in september, gotta say...the shit it came with was pretty cool....id go out and buy the stuff now if i could find it in stores...id rather not buy it from their website though cause you so know they mark that shit up lol
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #69
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

any other places in Richmond that does trimming for eyebrows other than the one on #3 road across from richmond center?

how much does it usually cost for both eyebrows? Any chinese salons in richmond have this service also?
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote