REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
ICBC Final Offer. I'm fucked aren't I?

As per title.

ICBC gave me a final offer, and they're basically throwing pennies at me.
I'm pissed.

I went through a lawyer, and I have a feeling it'd be worse without one. However, I'm still only getting pennies. What pisses me off, is the fact that I'm out completely for the cost of the car + injuries. They're not paying me for the Towing fees when they neglected to take it off of the lot, and made me pay out of my own pocket. My insurance is also going up.

Fuck you very much.

What would happen if I never agree to the settlement?
Cause fuck them. I'm not agreeing to pennies after waiting 2 fucking years (and 5 days) for this bullshit. When I say pennies, I actually mean, PENNIES.

Probably grasping at nothing, but honestly fuck them.
Old guy running stale reds are apparently A-OK with ICBC.
Advertisement
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
You have a lawyer.. if you don't settle you can drag it out.. Go to court..

I'd be pushing the lawyer to do his job and make his monies worth..
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
IIRC, you had day permits on the car and no collision right?
What did ICBC say? The other driver running a stale red was anything but 100% at fault?

Sorry to hear that ICBC is giving you nothing for your car. But if the offer is that low, any chance of keeping the car and parting it out yourself or selling it to a scrap yard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #4

Yup. Day permit, no collision. My own fault, didn't think this shit would happen. I'm basically at fault 100%.

I already ripped out the Compustar, the deck, Sub, and swapped bumpers + lights.
They want $300 to buy my wheels back, when it's gonna cost me more to fix the one wheel. At this point, I wish I were cheap and bought some shitty Rotas so I wouldn't care. I don't even want to know how much it would cost to get the coilovers back.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #6

No such thing as a final offer.

ICBC always counts on people needing the money ASAP to buy a new car. If you can get by without the payout, just play hardball. They will eventually come around after a few months to a year.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
Princess Dewey

is ICBC paying any of your medical bills? if so just keep telling them your in pain and stall. if they keep having to pay your medical for lets say 1-4 more years they will see that they are losing more money than if they were to give you a higher settling rate and be done with you. But that all depends on if they pay a monthly medical payment for you like physio or chiropractor, if they aren't paying I would try to get compensation for past visits(if any) and start going to something that costs them money a couple times a weeks from now on. if you do that with patience they will cave in with a higher offer. This advice was given to me by an old teacher of mine, so its not from my own experience.
[05-03, 17:18] MPTness
if her age on the clock, she's too young for a cock

[12-03, 22:33] Amuro Ray
i was wearing women's clothing in my picture

[14-04, 00:16] Amuro Ray
i have hello kitty underwear

[14-04, 00:23] Amuro Ray
i find feet sexually exciting

[29-04, 00:21] Ri2
if i was a guy i'd just ejaculate on her face all up in her nose, mark yo territory like a beast

[14-05, 23:29] Ri2
i just watched japanese girls poop on each other for like 10 mins
smarv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #8
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
You already have an attorney, if you're not happy just keep telling your attorney to fight it out with ICBC, you are under no obligation to accept a settlement with ICBC.

If I recall, this was a left turn accident right, and you were the left turner? If so, not that surprising ICBC putting some of blame on you and basically not covering costs/giving you "pennies" of vehicle without collision. Isn't collision/comp only a few extra dollars on a temp permit, I suppose to anyone reading, take this as a reminder to get it and that anything can happen.

If you're not happy with ICBC's offer for your injuries, just keep fighting it out, get a new attorney if you have to if you feel this one isn't doing his/her job. Don't feel pressured by ICBCs "final offer".
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #9
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
As per title.

ICBC gave me a final offer, and they're basically throwing pennies at me.
I'm pissed.

I went through a lawyer, and I have a feeling it'd be worse without one. However, I'm still only getting pennies. What pisses me off, is the fact that I'm out completely for the cost of the car + injuries. They're not paying me for the Towing fees when they neglected to take it off of the lot, and made me pay out of my own pocket. My insurance is also going up.

Fuck you very much.

What would happen if I never agree to the settlement?
Cause fuck them. I'm not agreeing to pennies after waiting 2 fucking years (and 5 days) for this bullshit. When I say pennies, I actually mean, PENNIES.

Probably grasping at nothing, but honestly fuck them.
Old guy running stale reds are apparently A-OK with ICBC.
How about giving us some real information (e.g car models, mods you have, how much is ICBC offering, etc) so we can give you some real comments and advice?
(Remember, for insurance companies and even second hand car market, after-market mod is pretty much worthless. Put 10K worth of mod on a 5K car, you still have a car that's only worth 5K. You should know the risk when you mod your car. )

Maybe ICBC is really screwing you here and you have a good chance going to court...but on the other hand, maybe ICBC is already being extra generous and you should take the offer and run.

ICBC gives you fair market value, not what value you think is fair...
Afterall, some people like to think their 20 years old tercel is worth $8k...
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
OP's car.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/58265...m-killing.html

95 SC400 that was meant to go VIP.

7seven, I did. When I get day permits for my ITR, I make sure it has everything including theft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #11
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
The problem with the situation is if ICBC is following the rules and there is no wrong doing.. having a lawyer vs no lawyer will yield the same result.

From what I understand:

1. OP only has day permit, no Collision coverage.
2. OP is deemed by ICBC to be at fault for causing the accident.
3. I assume OP doesn't have "agreed value" with ICBC
4. The car is a 95.
5. What kind of injury OP sustained? Does he has it documented properly ie day book etc?

I think point 3+4 are point of contestation, just by depreciation alone a 95 car will worth pennies on a dollar. Those are based on book value.. having lawyer vs no lawyer won't change the values in their books.

As for towing etc.. how much would it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
You already have an attorney, if you're not happy just keep telling your attorney to fight it out with ICBC, you are under no obligation to accept a settlement with ICBC.

Last edited by godwin; 04-23-2012 at 01:14 PM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #12
Old School RS

Thanked 3,932 Times in 1,198 Posts
I'm a bit confused... if you have no collision coverage and cause an accident, you aren't getting ANY money to fix your car... why would ICBC pay to repair or buy your car when you don't have the coverage to require them to do that?

Mark
Old 04-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #13
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
I'm a bit confused... if you have no collision coverage and cause an accident, you aren't getting ANY money to fix your car... why would ICBC pay to repair or buy your car when you don't have the coverage to require them to do that?

Mark
+1, I thought the idea is that you cover all your own costs when you're deemed at fault with no collision and ICBC covers the other party's costs
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #14
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

i also thought if your 100% at fault for an accident and you were hurt , that icbc doesnt cover your medical bills nor give you a settlement. I remember getting into an accident and i was at fault and i recall my adjuster saying that .
MaGNuM16 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #15
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

when i took my drivers test the rules clearly stated that while sitting at a left turn lane proceed only if safe to...this included if the light had turned red...as long ascars were coing through you wre under an obligation to clear the interecion before proceeding through it. unfortunately thats why icbc is saying you are somewhat at fault and since you have no collision they are gonna make it seem even more your fault...

im confused though, did the old guy slam on the brakes., realize he couldnt stop and then go or did u just assume he would stop. i find it odd sometimes that ppl have trouble judging the speeds of oncoming motorists.

just my opinion.
92 Ford Festiva aka the FASTiva (Big GoKart)
08 GSX-R 600 (Sold)
90 Acura Integra Beater (Sold)
97 Jeep Tj Sahara (Sold)
93 Si Hatch Turbo'd IC'd 11 psi (Sold)
1992 Jeep Cherokee LTD (RIP)
1990 MitsubishEagle Talon Tsi (Sold)
brute_4s is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #16

Thanked 3,082 Times in 961 Posts
So how many "pennies" are we talking here?
tegra7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #17
NSX
NA1

SOrry to hear. What shit luck.
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #18
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
sounds to me like if ICBC is giving you anything for your car they are actually being nice, not being scum bags. since you dont have collision you should realistically get nothing.

am i reading this thread wrong? or are you just whining because you did something stupid (accident with no collision), and now you're being greedy and it isnt working?

everyone always says ICBC is trying to screw them when they try to screw ICBC and it doesnt work.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #19
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^ lets try to be a little more sympathetic. op sustained injuries, albeit being at fault for the accident.
busdriverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #20
RS controls my life!

I used to work for a company that dealt with ICBC adjusters and estimators up to 10 times a day. Unfortunately I'm sure you already know this or have been told but this is taken right from ICBC's website

Quote:
ICBC | Collision coverage

Collision coverage

Collision coverage pays for repairs to your vehicle when it's damaged in a crash. It also gives you a payout if your vehicle is written off in a claim, no matter who was at fault.
And if you declined collision coverage I don't really see any reason why ICBC would pay you anything. The fact you said "didn't think this shit would happen" already acknowledges that you knew you were talking a risk. Unfortunately you rolled the dice and it didn't turn out in your favor. Super sorry to hear that but it seems you're screwed. Since you obviously have Third Party Liability that covers damages to his car and any injuries if any up to the amount you paid for (I believe minimum $200,000)

However I do believe you are still eligible for your injuries. Take a look at this page for more info on basic coverage

http://www.icbc.com/autoplan/basic/basic-covers

Last edited by YaKuZa_GS; 04-23-2012 at 05:03 PM.
YaKuZa_GS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #21
Old School RS

Thanked 3,932 Times in 1,198 Posts
Yes, ICBC's minimum required coverages will cover damage you to do yourself or to the other party up to your liability limits.

Mark
Old 04-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by brute_4s View Post
when i took my drivers test the rules clearly stated that while sitting at a left turn lane proceed only if safe to...this included if the light had turned red...as long ascars were coing through you wre under an obligation to clear the interecion before proceeding through it. unfortunately thats why icbc is saying you are somewhat at fault and since you have no collision they are gonna make it seem even more your fault...

im confused though, did the old guy slam on the brakes., realize he couldnt stop and then go or did u just assume he would stop. i find it odd sometimes that ppl have trouble judging the speeds of oncoming motorists.

just my opinion.
Google Maps
Every on coming car stopped. I just got on the throttle and started to turn the wheel. He came flying in where cars are usually parked through the side behind the F250 in the map link. I ended up facing westbound 41st, just in front of the row of cars waiting to turn left. (Civic in the map link)

I'm not trying to cheat the system or milk anything. I was just surprised that I got fucked in the way I did. If you saw the damage pictures from the link posted above, motherfucker didn't even try to stop. He probably would've ended up t-boning someone else if he didn't hit me first.

I made this thread asking to see if it would be worth it to even try to dispute liability. Thanks to those who posted actual information.

Next car is getting this.

Last edited by SpuGen; 04-23-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #23
Princess Dewey

Quote:
Google Maps
not surprised that your accident happened on main and 41st, i always see people speed threw yellows there. cops had a speed trap set up there today.
[05-03, 17:18] MPTness
if her age on the clock, she's too young for a cock

[12-03, 22:33] Amuro Ray
i was wearing women's clothing in my picture

[14-04, 00:16] Amuro Ray
i have hello kitty underwear

[14-04, 00:23] Amuro Ray
i find feet sexually exciting

[29-04, 00:21] Ri2
if i was a guy i'd just ejaculate on her face all up in her nose, mark yo territory like a beast

[14-05, 23:29] Ri2
i just watched japanese girls poop on each other for like 10 mins
smarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #24
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
left turn accidents are always the left turners fault really; unless you can get witnesses or video showing the guy who hit you was speeding/running a light (and even then its not a certainty)

and as said you dont have to agree with icbc even if they say "final offer" thats like classic wheeling and dealing
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #25

No they're not. I know people who have been found not at fault... surprisingly in a situation just like the OP. But he had the witness of the people who had stopped and the right lane was a parking lane.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote