REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #201
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

The WiFi 'problem' has been around for at least a couple of years, first surfacing at schools I believe. Once again we don't know for a fact that its a problem and not a 'problem', but we know so little about the actual long term effects of these sorts of things because technology changes and advances so quickly, we can only speculate and make pretty good guesses based on what we currently know
Advertisement
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #202
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
The WiFi 'problem' has been around for at least a couple of years, first surfacing at schools I believe. Once again we don't know for a fact that its a problem and not a 'problem', but we know so little about the actual long term effects of these sorts of things because technology changes and advances so quickly, we can only speculate and make pretty good guesses based on what we currently know
And none of the following things that we didn't know a lot about the use of ever created a problem:

-asbestos
-thalidomide
-DDT
-Agent Orange
-radiation

On that front, although we're mocking this guy, and those people, I have to hand it to him that he came out on this issue..here, in a less than accepting website for these types of things and actually talking about it.

Each of the above items had people that noticed issues, then more issues and finally general acceptance after a lot of damage was done.

Do I need to know more? Oh hell yes.

I'd like to see some proof. Not some hokey youtube vids, but honest to goodness proof. As I said before, you need to basically show that transmissions exist, or background EM fields exist or 'something' exists and that 'something' is different from whatever else exists in the house.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #203
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Smart Meters run between 902 MHz and 928 MHz. While BC Hydro may not reveal the exact frequency their machines run on, it's not that difficult to find out.

The UHF band runs between 300 MHz and 3 GHz. While I wont refute the theory that certain people may feel something through specific frequencies, it just seems odd that this very specific range is causing all these issues. The 900 MHz range has been in use by both amateurs (ham radios) and in ISM equipment for decades. I used to have an old cordless phones that also made use of this range.
Fuck dude, don't bring facts into this, there's no place for facts or reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Now we have someone complaining about the free Wifi on BC ferries causing problems and how they need a Wifi free zone.

"For me, my day is thinking about how long I can spend in the mall, because there's Wi-Fi in the mall. If I'm going to a friend's house, I have to ask them to turn the Wi-Fi off," she said."
If I was someone she was visiting, I'd just "click click" on the computer and go, "There, it's off now". Fifty-to-one the headaches ago away. Placebo effect FTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
The WiFi 'problem' has been around for at least a couple of years, first surfacing at schools I believe.
Which is odd, since WiFi itself has been around since at least 2000, and relatively common, if not yet widespread, at least half a dozen years ago.

How is it that something can exist and be in common use for years without causing problems for some people, yet start causing problems instantly when a single new piece of equipment is installed? This is not something like DDT where the (alleged) effects should be cumulative, or take a while to discover.
Quote:
Old 07-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #205
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Now we have someone complaining about the free Wifi on BC ferries causing problems and how they need a Wifi free zone.

Wait till Nanaimo gets free Wifi from show thru out the city. Guess she will have to stay out of Nanaimo.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #206
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Which is odd, since WiFi itself has been around since at least 2000, and relatively common, if not yet widespread, at least half a dozen years ago.

How is it that something can exist and be in common use for years without causing problems for some people, yet start causing problems instantly when a single new piece of equipment is installed? This is not something like DDT where the (alleged) effects should be cumulative, or take a while to discover.
I believe the context to that was that it was school wide WiFi that was implemented in an elementary school. Do we know if WiFi affects children in the same way it affects adults? I'm no expert in this field, but I believe the frequencies and bands used for WiFi have also changed over the years as well allowing for improved transmission speeds and distances. So it's best to compare like to like, the WiFi we use now is not the same as the WiFi that was around in 2000 (or maybe it is)

I'm not saying that there is a causation here, just that we don't know enough to say for sure that there isn't and its 100% placebo--the examples Gridlock gave illustrate this well.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #207
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
sdubfid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #208
Banned By Establishment

Whoop! There it is.

Class action lawsuit launched against BC Hydro over Smart Metres | Globalnews.ca

Class action lawsuit.

PS: The spelling mistake in the fucking title of the article is a freebie from Global.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #209
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
So dumb, no different then filing a class action against McDonalds for discontinuing Pizza. If I don't like what there selling I'm free to go elsewhere, it's not like there isn't alternate energy sources out there? What? They cost more, to fucking bad.

I'd be shocked if anything comes from it, mind you I never thought there was a snowballs chance that the HST would get repealed so anything is possible.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #210
Banned By Establishment

Would just like to add:

Quote:
A Salt Spring Island resident...
say no more.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #211
I subscribe to Revscene

Would you guys like to take an RS challenge and let us beam a few music videos through your body, namely through the "pelvic area"?
Maybe if you have infant siblings or cousins... through their skull... that would make it more exciting.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Whoop! There it is.

Class action lawsuit launched against BC Hydro over Smart Metres | Globalnews.ca

Class action lawsuit.

PS: The spelling mistake in the fucking title of the article is a freebie from Global.
From what I've been hearing on the radio all day (multiple stations), this resident, with a couple others, have filed suit... and HOPE to get it certified as a class... but it's NOT a class action yet.

Unless something has changed in the last couple hours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Would you guys like to take an RS challenge and let us beam a few music videos through your body, namely through the "pelvic area"?
Maybe if you have infant siblings or cousins... through their skull... that would make it more exciting.
If I agree, will you shut the fuck up after nothing bad happens?
Quote:
Old 07-27-2013, 04:08 AM   #213
I subscribe to Revscene

Sure, you'll win this thread... heres the challenge.

A team will need to peer to peer network, two laptops using cantenna's (an antenna that focuses the radiation band)... on your end you'll have a hacked router with its wifi illegally boosted to beam across the water... the antenna will be placed through your body and will get picked up on the other side streaming videos.
http://i.imgur.com/ZPrzsmz.jpg
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 07-27-2013, 04:21 AM   #214
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
So your experiment to prove that normal household wifi is dangerous is to use something that is completely different from household wifi?
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:56 AM   #215
I subscribe to Revscene

The smart meter sending radiation in that video, in which the houses look more isolated and far away from any kind of base station, is sending radiation a far distance I would guess.
How is it that lots of wifi radiation is worse then a little?

edit

I wish the original of this video was still around... this guy sets up hotspots in busy locations using strong antennas... what is cut out from this version is where the news anchor is joking with the hotspot guy about standing in front of an antenna, in which the business man jokingly refuses citing health fears... even though hes radiating an unsuspecting population himself.

Radiation from WIFI San Francisco
_www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XAZtazxxZw
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 07-27-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #216

So in other words, in order to prove that a pellet gun is dangerous, you want to shoot me with a bazooka.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #217
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
To be fair, wifi is non ionizing radiation, so I'd still be up for the experiment. Mostly because the power will decrease significantly as the distance increases (wifi works on frequencies that are inefficient over a distance).

For those of you who believe that this kind of test is of a concern, remember that your phone when connecting wirelessly will send signals often as much as up to a kilometre away or more.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's entirely possible that there is a group of people who have somehow evolved an EM sensitivity. There is as yet, however, no proof of such. I would very much like to see research on those people who claim sensitivity to see if there is some way to either suppress or promote this sense, as it may be either advantageous or disadvantageous in the future.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #218
I subscribe to Revscene

edit
You would stand infront of the antenna at the router base sending the radiation?

@Soundy
Some people will be sitting and sleeping at home most of the time where the smart meter will constantly be beaming into them. Would you like to carry a smart meter radiator equivalent in your pocket for 10 years to see if you develop any tumors in that area?
I dont think you'd be dedicated to do such a bet. Do you believe in a special set of scientists that say lots of wifi is bad as to suppose to little or is your dad like a cell biologist of sorts that knows these things?

http://www.earthcalm.ca/index_files/...m#.UfRTcqzNrRY
Quote:
The body conducts electricity that enters it. Studies have shown that when this happens, the body’s electrical processes are disturbed, and cell functioning is disrupted. The electricity in electrical wiring and appliances changes the atomic structure of the cell and breaks the bonds that exist in and between cells. This triggers changes in blood chemistry, induces free radicals, disrupts the cells ability to control PH levels, enzyme activity, cell reproduction, synthesis, functioning and energy transfer. A healthy and permeable cell membrane wall is needed for effective communication and coordination of activity between cells, tissues, organs and nerves. When exposed, to EMFS, the protein in the cell membrane wall is weakened and the cells react as though threatened by an invader and elicits a state of emergency (fight or flight response) in the body. In this state of emergency, non-vital processes are delayed, and blood pressure, heart rate and blood sugar levels increase. The cell enters into a state of emergency. Besides impaired communication and coordination, the reduced membrane permeability also makes it difficult for nutrients to enter and for toxins to exit. As a consequence, the body does not benefit from nutrients and healing therapies as it should, When the cell is in a state of emergency, instead of producing water and carbon dioxide, the cell produces hydrogen peroxide and carbon monoxide. In short, the cell begins to ferment. The state of emergency behaviour is passed on to each subsequent generation of cells.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 07-27-2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: added top line.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #219

Quote:
@Soundy
Some people will be sitting and sleeping at home most of the time where the smart meter will constantly be beaming into them.
Maybe you missed the part where they're active for all of 1.4s PER DAY. TOTAL.

Quote:
Would you like to carry a smart meter radiator equivalent in your pocket for 10 years to see if you develop any tumors in that area?
I dont think you'd be dedicated to do such a bet.
Care to bet on that?
Quote:
Old 07-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #220
I subscribe to Revscene

What are you going to tell me your cell phone is the equivalent? because no one could verify you keeping a radiating device with you where ever you go.

Quote:
Maybe you missed the part where they're active for all of 1.4s PER DAY. TOTAL.

Care to bet on that?
So the constant radiation coming off the meter shown in the recent video totals to 1.4 seconds a day... face it your a sheep... just following what ever the government tells is good for you.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 07-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #221

Quote:
What are you going to tell me your cell phone is the equivalent? because no one could verify you keeping a radiating device with you where ever you go.
Cell phones ARE radiating as long as they're on and not in "airplane mode" - they have to stay in constant communication with the cell towers or the whole idea stops functioning.

Quote:
So the constant radiation coming off the meter shown in the recent video totals to 1.4 seconds a day... face it your a sheep... just following what ever the government tells is good for you.
If that's true, then your[sic] a sheep believing whatever BS you find on the internet.

Fortunately, I have a better-than-base understanding of how electrical current, radio waves, electronics, and these particular technologies actually work, which means I don't have to rely entirely on anyone else to tell me the "truth"... unlike you, who will blindly accept the word of random unknown people on the internet, who couldn't possibly have agendas of their own... right?

Edit: example: the picture with the Pringles cans - there's nothing scary about this. The router is outputting the same signal as always, it's just being focused... and the receiving device is using a directional antenna in the same way. This doesn't boost the energy, it only directs it - it's no more harmful than if you wrapped your hand around a regular antenna. It's not going to set anyone's skin on fire or bore holes through the body.

As for "radiation coming off the meter shown in the recent video" - what recent video? The only one I see on this page is the one about the guy beaming his own WiFi into Starbucks... which has nothing to do with the operation of smart meters.

As for your "earthcalm" link, that's talking about ELECTRICITY... like sticking your tongue in a light socket or getting hit by lightning. It's not the same thing as electromagnetic fields.

Links like yours love to bold the term "RADIATION" to make it sound all scary, because everyone knows "RADIATION" is a bad and dangerous thing, right? Well guess what? LIGHT is a form of electromagnetic radiation too. So you'd better just spend the rest of your life living in the dark... which is where you seem to like it anyway.
Quote:

Last edited by Soundy; 07-27-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #222
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Cell phones ARE radiating as long as they're on and not in "airplane mode" - they have to stay in constant communication with the cell towers or the whole idea stops functioning.

The ear in which people put their phone next to all the time, happens to be where tumors have been showing up in brain cancer cases in the last few decades.
You can not say there is a safe level even at lower rate because you cant possibly know what effects on the cellular (human cell) level. Your sheep.

If that's true, then your[sic] a sheep believing whatever BS you find on the internet.

Fortunately, I have a better-than-base understanding of how electrical current, radio waves, electronics, and these particular technologies actually work, which means I don't have to rely entirely on anyone else to tell me the "truth"... unlike you, who will blindly accept the word of random unknown people on the internet, who couldn't possibly have agendas of their own... right?

Exactly, you dont know the biologic side of it!!!

Edit: example: the picture with the Pringles cans - there's nothing scary about this. The router is outputting the same signal as always, it's just being focused... and the receiving device is using a directional antenna in the same way. This doesn't boost the energy, it only directs it - it's no more harmful than if you wrapped your hand around a regular antenna. It's not going to set anyone's skin on fire or bore holes through the body.

New router firmware would also boost the radiation level up to reach the other side of the water too... just like the corporate antenna around the city that are suppose to be safe.
Are you saying you would radiate your body for this bet still?

As for "radiation coming off the meter shown in the recent video" - what recent video? The only one I see on this page is the one about the guy beaming his own WiFi into Starbucks... which has nothing to do with the operation of smart meters.

In the article GridLock just posted... this is 1.4 seconds total?

Cusheon Lake Smart Meter install on Salt Spring Island
Cusheon Lake Smart Meter install on Salt Spring Island - YouTube

As for your "earthcalm" link, that's talking about ELECTRICITY... like sticking your tongue in a light socket or getting hit by lightning. It's not the same thing as electromagnetic fields.

Its all about EMF and wifi is included.

Links like yours love to bold the term "RADIATION" to make it sound all scary, because everyone knows "RADIATION" is a bad and dangerous thing, right? Well guess what? LIGHT is a form of electromagnetic radiation too. So you'd better just spend the rest of your life living in the dark... which is where you seem to like it anyway.

Let us fry your balls with 2pac music videos then? whats the worry, you cant smell or feel it right?

edit
Found this comment in that news article.
You are terribly misinformed. Yes toxins (note: no apostrophe) from smart meters. It's called microwave radiation. Look it up. It's toxic at almost all exposure levels. In fact it can be more toxic at lower levels, and is certainly more toxic when modulated with a signal. This has been known since military tests in the 60s. There are thousands of peer-reviewed studies showing harm from microwave radiation at levels below current "safety" standards. Go to pub med and insert search terms such as "microwave, low-level, chronic" and learn. Instead of remaining in your state of ignorance, why don't you educate yourself and maybe you'll realize that if we don't all stand together against oppression, we'll all fall.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 07-27-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #223

Quote:
The ear in which people put their phone next to all the time, happens to be where tumors have been showing up in brain cancer cases in the last few decades.
There have been sporadic stories of this. I've never seen anything that PROVES a causation. Also, this has nothing to do with smart meters - VERY different frequency ranges involved.

Quote:
New router firmware would also boost the radiation level up to reach the other side of the water too... just like the corporate antenna around the city that are suppose to be safe. Are you saying you would radiate your body for this bet still?
Consumer routers are still limited as to how much power they can actually produce, and that maximum still has to be within LEGAL limits. The firmware will not let you increase it beyond the electronics' capacity. Also, increasing the output causes increased heat generation from the DSP, just as overclocking your CPU will make it run hotter. Do it too much, and the router will simply melt down.

Directional antennas will easily sustain a connection at that range without needing to boost power, anyway.

Quote:
In the article GridLock just posted... this is 1.4 seconds total?
The guy with the meter even states ON CAMERA (8:45), "this isn't the only source, of course, there are other antennas around, people's cell phones". There's nothing there guaranteeing that the meter is reading ONLY the smart meter and nothing else.

Besides, for someone with a point to prove, it's not hard to fake a reading by setting up another source of EMR nearby.

Quote:
Its all about EMF and wifi is included.
Holy crap, that entire piece is nonsense. It's obviously written by someone without even the basest understanding of the topics they're addressing. "Electricity" != "EMF", and "EMF" != "electricity". Different frequencies of both electricity AND EMF affect different substances (including the body) differently, yet they're simply lumping them all in together.

You give people crap for "believing government propaganda", yet you blindly accept the word of fearmongers who either have no idea what they're talking about, or purposely distort things to further their own agendas?

Quote:
Your sheep.
What is your obsession with my sheep, anyway? You stay away from them, you and your oversized gumboots and velcro gloves. Sick fuck.
Quote:
Old 07-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #224
I subscribe to Revscene

If we raise $200, would you let us beam the whole Titanic movie through your brain and across the river? at 720p resolution.
This is like Darwins laws of nature... people that want to play with fire and go against biological science and evolution should suffer the consequences by eliminating themselves from the human population or by handicapping their offspring.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 07-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #225
Banned By Establishment

I could really use a map to follow along on all the leaps in logic of this conversation.

Like, what the bloody hell does the movie Titanic have to do with smart meters? Have you...had movies beamed through your head? Or alien anal probes maybe? Oh come on, we were all thinking it!