REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #51
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
I also believe he sensationalized his story on purpose.

Totally conjecture, but this is how I imagine it. After maybe a couple days, he realized that they forgot about him. He then devises a plan to make them pay for it, so he actually stays quiet and avoids being detected for as long as possible. It doesn't make sense that he can hear the others, and nobody can hear him. It also doesn't seem like natural human survivor behavior to try and kill yourself if you've been forgotten about for five days. He feigns to try killing himself to add more credibility to his pain and suffering to sue for more money.
Advertisement
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #52
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post

Totally conjecture, but this is how I imagine it. After maybe a couple days, he realized that they forgot about him. He then devises a plan to make them pay for it, so he actually stays quiet and avoids being detected for as long as possible. It doesn't make sense that he can hear the others, and nobody can hear him. It also doesn't seem like natural human survivor behavior to try and kill yourself if you've been forgotten about for five days. He feigns to try killing himself to add more credibility to his pain and suffering to sue for more money.
have you ever purposely tried to get in a collision or do you slam the breaks/evasive driving when something unexpected happens on the road?
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #53
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
lol yeah.... he plotted to do more damage than his partial kidney failure... instead of worrying about living he's like "hey i know i'll start smacking my head on the wall and really fuck myself up that'll learn em... whenever they find me and then I can sue them for money"

as for cutting himself, I think that may have had to do with the meth he took while in the cell, but im not too clear on what exactly transpired in his cell with that bag of meth that he claims was found in there

maybe he had the bag on him and he thought he should try and get rid of it? and due to the lack of water the meth just fucked him up even more and since he was hallucinating he just started cutting himself; who knows

that's all really beside the point though, he shouldn't have been locked up without food/water/contact for 5 days, period.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #54
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:

Hey! Let's lock you in a closet with no food or water and you tell us after 5 days if the insanity you are feeling is real or fake.

Mmm...hand full of urine? Delish!
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:52 AM   #55
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
have you ever purposely tried to get in a collision or do you slam the breaks/evasive driving when something unexpected happens on the road?
...? What does that have to do with anything? I'm not drawing a parallel.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #56
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

where's the"One does not simply forget a person in a cell for 5" days gif?

RE: Bear Grilles: He'd be led into the cell already drinking his own piss....

"Gonna be locked in a cell for 5 days, better..."
Old 05-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #57
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
...? What does that have to do with anything? I'm not drawing a parallel.
You are suggesting that he was purposely trying to put himself in a worse position, and thus possibly setting himself for death, so that he could sue IF/WHEN they finally would find him...

How is that any different from purposely trying NOT to avoid an accident in which you would not be at fault in, and thus could get plenty of money for through ICBC? It's the same thing. You'd be risking your life in order to maybe get some money....do you see people doing that? No; so I'm pretty sure a guy wouldn't purposely hide in this jail cell hoping that nobody remembers about him for 5 days.....
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #58
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
You are suggesting that he was purposely trying to put himself in a worse position, and thus possibly setting himself for death, so that he could sue IF/WHEN they finally would find him...

How is that any different from purposely trying NOT to avoid an accident in which you would not be at fault in, and thus could get plenty of money for through ICBC? It's the same thing. You'd be risking your life in order to maybe get some money....do you see people doing that? No; so I'm pretty sure a guy wouldn't purposely hide in this jail cell hoping that nobody remembers about him for 5 days.....
It's very different. Not avoiding an accident is a decision that's made in a split second. He had probably at least 2-3 days sitting there alone deciding what to do.

Okay, let me say that I have no idea whether his story is completely legitimate or it's been sensationalized. No doubt it was a terrible situation to be in and that he legitimately suffered, but I just think there's a possibility it didn't have to be as bad as it was, and maybe he made it worse than it was to get more money out of a lawsuit.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #59
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

ill admit im kind of clusterphobic, and if i was locked in a tiny cell with my hands handcuffed behind my back for 5 days id go insane too. I couldnt imagine what this kid went through , but if i did id be sueing the shit out of them too.
MaGNuM16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGNuM16 View Post
ill admit im kind of clusterphobic
You have a fear of clusters?
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #61
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
It's very different. Not avoiding an accident is a decision that's made in a split second. He had probably at least 2-3 days sitting there alone deciding what to do.

Okay, let me say that I have no idea whether his story is completely legitimate or it's been sensationalized. No doubt it was a terrible situation to be in and that he legitimately suffered, but I just think there's a possibility it didn't have to be as bad as it was, and maybe he made it worse than it was to get more money out of a lawsuit.
dude you are so fucking stupid.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #62
Banned By Establishment

Well, you can add this to your conjecture of his motivations.

He's suing...for 20 million.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #63
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
Holy 20 million I think we have another college dropout on our hands
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #64
Banned (ABWS)

I hope he wins
A$AProcky is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Well, you can add this to your conjecture of his motivations.

He's suing...for 20 million.
We established this on page 2....
Old 05-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #66
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
What an articulate statement.

You don't think it's even within the realm of possibility he sensationalized what actually happened?
Old 05-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #67
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
Quote:
What an articulate statement.

You don't think it's even within the realm of possibility he sensationalized what actually happened?
It may be with in the realm of possibility.. However, I think you're overestimating your level of sanity when you're locked in a windowless room with hands tied behind your back with no food or drink for two days.
It's *possible* that he faked it all, but I think Majin was trying to say, do you really think someone would go through all of that and still be rational enough to risk their own life by subjecting themselves to starvation and liver failure for the hope of a payout?
Old 05-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #68
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
It may be with in the realm of possibility.. However, I think you're overestimating your level of sanity when you're locked in a windowless room with hands tied behind your back with no food or drink for two days.
It's *possible* that he faked it all, but I think Majin was trying to say, do you really think someone would go through all of that and still be rational enough to risk their own life by subjecting themselves to starvation and liver failure for the hope of a payout?
I never said he faked it all. I'm just saying maybe it didn't have to be as bad as it was told to be.

Maybe it was even true that the guards couldn't hear him, or maybe even they did hear him and chose to ignore him.

Maybe he really did all he could to get noticed in those five days.

Even if all of that were true, he still could have feigned some aspects like trying to kill himself with his eyeglass lens to make it look even worse.

I guess the only one that knows the truth is himself.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #69
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
We established this on page 2....
I browsed back and didn't see it. Just consider me like a reality show host updating you on everything that happened before that commercial break, because your memory is so poor from watching tv, you can't remember.

For those that are just joining us, the pee kid is suing for 20 mill
Old 05-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #70
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
I never said he faked it all. I'm just saying maybe it didn't have to be as bad as it was told to be.

Maybe it was even true that the guards couldn't hear him, or maybe even they did hear him and chose to ignore him.

Maybe he really did all he could to get noticed in those five days.

Even if all of that were true, he still could have feigned some aspects like trying to kill himself with his eyeglass lens to make it look even worse.

I guess the only one that knows the truth is himself.
who cares if he sensationalized it? wouldn't you have done the same thing? otherwise the ramifications could be just a slap on the wrist. you want to make it a big deal because IT IS. bottom line... 5days without food/water/facilities is a BIG MISTAKE on the DEA's part.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #71
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,732 Times in 1,168 Posts
I personally don't think 20M is much for what the guy had to go through. I mean, he could have easily died if he wasn't discovered.

And imagine the fear he had to go through. I don't think people can pay me enough to go to such extreme.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #72
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
lol i'll stay in a cell for 5 days with nothing for 1 mill..
Old 05-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #73
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
how much to play a round of Russian roulette? thats basically what youre doing if youre going 5 days w/o food and water

plus he prolly had mad pasties from smoking up all day
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Quote:
Old 05-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #75
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjew View Post
who cares if he sensationalized it? wouldn't you have done the same thing? otherwise the ramifications could be just a slap on the wrist. you want to make it a big deal because IT IS. bottom line... 5days without food/water/facilities is a BIG MISTAKE on the DEA's part.
I never argued that it wasn't.