REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 05-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

EG civic power window help

hello all. i ran into a problem with my power window, lock, mirror conversion my 92 civic hatchback. basically everything works except the windows. i realized that i was missing the p/w relay after wiring everything up and removing the glass to install the regulators.

now the problem is that after searching for a part number i ended up buying and trying to install a relay for 96-00 civic yes i know pretty dumb.lol.

so i was wondering (since i cant return the relay) and i have a bunch of these connectors:
http://img.ehowcdn.com/article-new/e...rs-800x800.jpg

could i just wire it up to the fuse box? if so which prongs on the 96-00 relay would match the 92-95 fuse box? any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
lilzed747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:37 AM   #2

ok did more research into relays and how they work etc. basically im going to take a chance and try wiring up EK relay to EG fuse box but i need the values EI. what are A, B, C, D's values (30, 85,86,87) on this picture.

thanks in advance for any help.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #3
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts

Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #4

Thanks for the early morning reply SumAznGuy but i was looking more for the little numbers on the prong side of the eg civic p/w relay.thanks again for the reply
Old 05-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

c-d is the magnetic coil side (so you need to put one side to power and the other to a switching ground/vice versa/the window switch) a-b is the switching side/power (the direct power to whichever window you want to control.
lexluthor09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

you can double check this because c-d should have some resistance, and a-b shouldn't have continuity unless you have a power on it
lexluthor09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:31 PM   #7

success! thanks for the help! im not sure if honda still offers the relay for EG civic but this could be such an easy way to save a couple bucks. all you need is male and female spade connectors (the ones i used where these but uninsulated) and i used some 16 gauge wire.

the part number is: 39794-S0K-A01

as for installation thanks to the help i got here as well as some reading i did all you have to do is extend and label the prongs using the wires then follow the diagram on the back of the relay. only difference is the 30 goes on the top left and the 87 bottom left. it should make sense when you go to do it.lol.