REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
I subscribe to Revscene

*ing mosquitos

been getting gang banged in my sleep lately. I don't sleep with the windows open but i do open them during the day to get a breeze. seems like every time i wake up i have a good 3-4 new bites on the leg that i leave hanging out of the blanket (i figure i'll save the other leg and sacrifice the already eaten up one).

anyways, any tips on keeping mosquitos out of the room/off me at night? my windows aren't bug screen friendly

dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 AM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
That's nothing. Skeeters in the lower mainland are NOTHING compared to Edmonton/Fort Mac. It's non stop. As for your issue, go buy a couple indoor fans to get the air moving and close the windows, if you couldn't figure something that simple out, I fear for the younger generation.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Buy a screen you can get them for pretty cheap these day's if it's that much of a hassle. If one does bit you just put vinegar on it and it will take the itching away.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
I released a bunch of spiders in my room and frogs, that helped.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
I released a bunch of spiders in my room and frogs, that helped.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I grew up in Winnipeg.
If you don't have screens on your windows get some. If you can't, they sell mosquito netting at Ikea.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #7
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science

there's something called SKIN SO SOFT by Avon. it's a bath oil. rub it on your skin right out of the shower before you towel off and just pat dry your skin lightly/air dry.. it smells good but mosquitoes hate it!! i use it EVERY time i go camping, every night and i've never gotten a bite when i've used it. makes your skin really soft too! i think they've come out with a lotion recently, but not too sure about that.

try buying a citronella electronic device that you can leave on while you're sleeping. i think OFF just came up with an odorless unit fan. or if you want, buy a citronella candle and have it lit in the daytime when your window is open so they don't come in. of course, don't leave the candle unattended, fire hazard.

you should also be checking around your house/window if there's any stagnant water they could be living in?
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri2 View Post
there's something called SKIN SO SOFT by Avon. it's a bath oil. rub it on your skin right out of the shower before you towel off and just pat dry your skin lightly/air dry.. it smells good but mosquitoes hate it!! i use it EVERY time i go camping, every night and i've never gotten a bite when i've used it. makes your skin really soft too! i think they've come out with a lotion recently, but not too sure about that.

try buying a citronella electronic device that you can leave on while you're sleeping. i think OFF just came up with an odorless unit fan. or if you want, buy a citronella candle and have it lit in the daytime when your window is open so they don't come in. of course, don't leave the candle unattended, fire hazard.

you should also be checking around your house/window if there's any stagnant water they could be living in?
where can i get some skin so soft
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #9
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
where can i get some skin so soft
gotta find a rep and order it through Avon! the big bottles last a long time since you don't need much if you're applying it while outta the shower.
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote