REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   *ing mosquitos (https://www.revscene.net/forums/667624-%2Aing-mosquitos.html)

dat_steve 05-06-2012 10:40 PM

*ing mosquitos

been getting gang banged in my sleep lately. I don't sleep with the windows open but i do open them during the day to get a breeze. seems like every time i wake up i have a good 3-4 new bites on the leg that i leave hanging out of the blanket (i figure i'll save the other leg and sacrifice the already eaten up one).

anyways, any tips on keeping mosquitos out of the room/off me at night? my windows aren't bug screen friendly :okay:

Iceman-19 05-07-2012 05:19 AM

That's nothing. Skeeters in the lower mainland are NOTHING compared to Edmonton/Fort Mac. It's non stop. As for your issue, go buy a couple indoor fans to get the air moving and close the windows, if you couldn't figure something that simple out, I fear for the younger generation.

murd0c 05-07-2012 09:20 AM

Buy a screen you can get them for pretty cheap these day's if it's that much of a hassle. If one does bit you just put vinegar on it and it will take the itching away.

rsx 05-07-2012 12:54 PM

I released a bunch of spiders in my room and frogs, that helped.

murd0c 05-07-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsx (Post 7911572)
I released a bunch of spiders in my room and frogs, that helped.

:heckno::QQ:

TheNewGirl 05-07-2012 01:16 PM

I grew up in Winnipeg.
If you don't have screens on your windows get some. If you can't, they sell mosquito netting at Ikea.

Ri2 05-08-2012 04:36 PM

there's something called SKIN SO SOFT by Avon. it's a bath oil. rub it on your skin right out of the shower before you towel off and just pat dry your skin lightly/air dry.. it smells good but mosquitoes hate it!! i use it EVERY time i go camping, every night and i've never gotten a bite when i've used it. makes your skin really soft too! i think they've come out with a lotion recently, but not too sure about that.

try buying a citronella electronic device that you can leave on while you're sleeping. i think OFF just came up with an odorless unit fan. or if you want, buy a citronella candle and have it lit in the daytime when your window is open so they don't come in. of course, don't leave the candle unattended, fire hazard.

you should also be checking around your house/window if there's any stagnant water they could be living in?

Fafine 05-08-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ri2 (Post 7912955)
there's something called SKIN SO SOFT by Avon. it's a bath oil. rub it on your skin right out of the shower before you towel off and just pat dry your skin lightly/air dry.. it smells good but mosquitoes hate it!! i use it EVERY time i go camping, every night and i've never gotten a bite when i've used it. makes your skin really soft too! i think they've come out with a lotion recently, but not too sure about that.

try buying a citronella electronic device that you can leave on while you're sleeping. i think OFF just came up with an odorless unit fan. or if you want, buy a citronella candle and have it lit in the daytime when your window is open so they don't come in. of course, don't leave the candle unattended, fire hazard.

you should also be checking around your house/window if there's any stagnant water they could be living in?

where can i get some skin so soft

Ri2 05-08-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fafine (Post 7912959)
where can i get some skin so soft

gotta find a rep and order it through Avon! the big bottles last a long time since you don't need much if you're applying it while outta the shower.