REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Hit Fence and run! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/667800-hit-fence-run.html)

Harryt 05-10-2012 05:48 PM

Hit Fence and run!

So one of my neighbours backed into my wooden fence in my back yard. My dad saw it happen and went out only to see an old lady run back into her car and drive off.

We wrote down the license plate, called the police and ICBC.

However, both the police and ICBC said the license plate does not exist? WTF?

So later my dad sees the same car parked in the neighbours drive way, but they for some reason parked it in backed in, I guess so we can't see the scratches in the back of the car.

Checked the license plate and it IS what we told the police and ICBC? So why are they saying no plate exists?

Then we talked to the neighbour, who said it's impossible for the car to break our fence, because the car was out in the other side of town all day?

And, yet they won't let me see the scratches on the car and told me they are busy and can't talk right now.

I gave them my number, but I doubt they will call me back. I have 2 wooden fences shattered in half now.

Not sure what to do? ICBC can't do anything unless they have a plate. And that IS!!! the plate, which I gave them? So WTF is going on? How can a plate that has BC on it not exist in their systems?

I doubt these people are driving around with fake license plates.

I'm wondering if I should call a cop to our residents, so they can ask to see the neighbours car and look up the license plate themselves?

I can tell they know it happened, but they don't want to fork 200-300 for 2 new fence pieces. Even though it is fully their mistake or who ever in their family did it, mother or aunt. Not sure of the relation, but someone should still at least admit their mistake.

J-force 05-10-2012 06:35 PM

take a pic

Mining 05-10-2012 06:38 PM

You answered your own question.

"I should call a cop"

XplicitLuder 05-10-2012 07:37 PM

my suggestion is call the non-emergency police line and tell them the story and ask them to please send an officer to come run the plates and talk to the neighbours. If nothing happens, im sure no one will know how the neighbours ended up with broken fence as well:ilied:

GLOW 05-10-2012 09:29 PM

Are they driving around with fake/expired plates?

GGnoRE 05-10-2012 09:33 PM

Call the cops and tell them you tried to report your neighbour for hitting your fence but their license plate is not registered. Wouldn't that make the cops more interested?

hchang 05-11-2012 12:44 AM

Subscribed.

Senna4ever 05-11-2012 12:59 AM

Some people are such assholes....I hope everything works out for you.

smoothie. 05-11-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GGnoRE (Post 7915164)
Call the cops and tell them you tried to report your neighbour for hitting your fence but their license plate is not registered. Wouldn't that make the cops more interested?

:fullofwin:

GLOW 05-11-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harryt (Post 7914913)
My dad saw it happen and went out only to see an old lady run back into her car and drive off.

Then we talked to the neighbour, who said it's impossible for the car to break our fence, because the car was out in the other side of town all day?

can't your dad ID the old lady from that house? if so seems like something the police should handle :nyan:

Derp 06-06-2012 10:53 AM

lol whatever happened with this.

fsy82 06-07-2012 08:42 AM

probably wrote the wrong plate number and now feels like a moron..lol

Derp 06-11-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsy82 (Post 7940462)
probably wrote the wrong plate number and now feels like a moron..lol

:failed: Sounds likely