REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #1
RS controls my life!

question about door dents in parking lots

so this happened the other day and got me thinking.

i'm parking nicely in a parking spot backed in and car is off waiting for my gf (f150) and an early 90's integra pulls up really close to my passenger side. passenger opens door and slams it into my step bar. luckily the bar was there or there would have been a nasty dent. i got out and told the guy to be careful, he basically rolled his eyes.

ok so my question is if he had left a dent/scratch in my door who's information do i need to get this covered by icbc? the drivers? or the passenger? i assume the drivers since this would be covered under his insurance but then i started thinking that if the blame fell solely on the passenger then do i still have to foot the 300 dollar deductible?
Advertisement
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Thanked 1,927 Times in 224 Posts
http://www.revscene.net/forums/65808...cbc-claim.html
RecklessNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
ok so my question is if he had left a dent/scratch in my door who's information do i need to get this covered by icbc? the drivers? or the passenger? i assume the drivers since this would be covered under his insurance but then i started thinking that if the blame fell solely on the passenger then do i still have to foot the 300 dollar deductible?
You won't have to foot the deductible if you have their information. If they won't give it, you have their plate. Take a picture of it if you have a camera to prove they were there and was parked beside you. The only time you have to pay deductibles for situations like this are hit and run where the person isn't caught so ICBC makes you pay the deductible cause someone has to pay for it. If the other party is found and they are 100% at fault, ICBC will get them to pay your deductible.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
I subscribe to Revscene

I just carry a hammer so I can return the favour.

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
I sold a car that had a door ding, you can bet the buyer pointed it out in the negotiation.
Nail his ass, it's money out of your pocket.
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
Aren't you a police officer?
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
I subscribe to Revscene

Where did you get that idea?

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomes View Post
Aren't you a police officer?
I think that is the last thing he wants to do.
sekin67835 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Oh sorry, I always had it in my mind that you were a cop. My bad.
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:04 AM   #10
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
This.
Xavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #11
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Funny I stumble onto this thread...

On Tuesday night after I had Pho in Richmond I was in my car on the phone before I headed off, and I see this lady come towards the car right beside mine.

I already had my engine running so thought she acknowledged my precense and would open her door slowly, but she fucking just nails my door, not even a light tap.

I got out and asked her what her issue was, and she just blankly stares at me, I'm guessing she doesn't understand English.

I kicked her door light enough to not leave a dent but hard enough to have some damage...then left.

Some inconsiderate fucks these days...
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #12
I don't get it

ya you park nice, but some people park in without straighten there vehicle making them take 2 park as one...!!! mostly i see this in RICHMOND a lot...i just leave a paper saying please park your car nicely if you don't want heavy dings on your own door...
mercyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #13
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I have yet to see an ICBC adjuster give a shit about door dings.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #14
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
God damn there are some inconsiderate cunts out there. My car is low..an average truck could easily take out the window on it..
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:50 AM   #15

Honestly, I park right in the middle of the parking spot cause I have 2 kids and I need equal access to both sides. If some idiot parks really close to me and they have room on the other side, I couldn't care less if I hit their car if they are preventing me from opening my door enough to get my kid's baby seat into the car.

If however, I parked like a douche cause I had no choice or if the other person parked like a douche cause they had no choice, then I would take more care.

I did have a case a long time ago where I was in my car waiting for my mom and some lady opened her door and hit mine. My car actually shook and then she gets out and just looks at me like it was my fault for being there. I stared at her and she just walked off all pissy at me when she was the one who hit my car. I had a Prelude (wide doors...hehe) and I actually didn't really care cause she hit the molding so there wasn't any damage. All she had to do was say sorry. Instead, after she left, I went to the passenger side and open and closed my door as wide and hard as possible a few times before leaving with my mom.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #16
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_woo View Post
Honestly, I park right in the middle of the parking spot cause I have 2 kids and I need equal access to both sides. If some idiot parks really close to me and they have room on the other side, I couldn't care less if I hit their car if they are preventing me from opening my door enough to get my kid's baby seat into the car.
We all have to work together in this world..sometimes people park too close by mistake, doesn't mean you have to damage their car.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #17
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_woo View Post

If however, I parked like a douche cause I had no choice or if the other person parked like a douche cause they had no choice, then I would take more care.

I did have a case a long time ago where I was in my car waiting for my mom and some lady opened her door and hit mine. My car actually shook and then she gets out and just looks at me like it was my fault for being there. I stared at her and she just walked off all pissy at me when she was the one who hit my car. I had a Prelude (wide doors...hehe) and I actually didn't really care cause she hit the molding so there wasn't any damage. All she had to do was say sorry. Instead, after she left, I went to the passenger side and open and closed my door as wide and hard as possible a few times before leaving with my mom.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
We all have to work together in this world..sometimes people park too close by mistake, doesn't mean you have to damage their car.
Sorry, might have worded a bit harsh. I meant that I would do what I need to do to open the door. Sometimes this means resting my door on their door but no, I don't purposely open as hard as I can to damage their vehicle unless it was in the other case where the person did that too me and just gave me the evil stare and walk off instead of apologizing. And that case was like when I first got my license and I was young and stupid...haha. Now I have a family and have to be more careful, but like I said, I will open the door and rest it on your door if you are too close to me and I have no choice. It's better than the door swinging open because I can't open it to the first notch for it to hold in place and I accidentally let go, which is why I'll place my door resting on the other car's.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #19
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I had a brand new 01 civic back in the day and the first week getting it a person I work with smacked my door. The claimed they didn't do it and when I reported it to ICBC they asked her to come in they took a look saw no marks on her door and she got off scott free. Man I was pissed especially theres nothing you can do.

I now have a lifted 4 runner with rock sliders which protect my door, you should see peoples reactions when they open there door and cause them selves damage cause of my slider. I had one person start yelling at me and I laughed and told them they should learn how to park and have some respect and drove off
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: