REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 05-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
Pacific Rim Aluminum Products

Hi guys
so my parents decided to enclose our patio in the front and back

something like this

my parents decided to go with a company called Pacific Rim Aluminum Producst Inc.

Has anyone ever used this company or have any reviews for them?
Reason for asking is that out of the several companies they called, they quoted $9000 while the other companies all quoted between 10000 and 10500.
Another reason is that Products Inc is incredibly misspelled on their card which i find unprofessional.
Couldn't find anything on google or the BBB.

Thanks guys
Advertisement
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Let me ask you a question. Do you work for free? When there is $1000 sitting on the table, do you just leave it there?

Cause here's the deal. They get started, and there is going to be "something" that means its going to cost more money. Or the work is going to be the shits and it will leak.

Or a combo platter.

Man, they have spelling errors on the business card and you are going to have them do math...on your house.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:11 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
I never said I trusted them.
My parents hired them not me.
Personally I wouldn't hire anyone that's got their damn business car misspelled.
I'm just asking if anyone has any knowledge of this company or their work.
I'm not asking you to point out the obvious
I doubt it's going to change their minds
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonestock View Post
Hi guys
so my parents decided to enclose our patio in the front and back

something like this

my parents decided to go with a company called Pacific Rim Aluminum Producst Inc.

Has anyone ever used this company or have any reviews for them?
Reason for asking is that out of the several companies they called, they quoted $9000 while the other companies all quoted between 10000 and 10500.
Another reason is that Products Inc is incredibly misspelled on their card which i find unprofessional.
Couldn't find anything on google or the BBB.

Thanks guys
Old post but in this case the difference in quotes is nothing to be worried about. If it was half the price of the other guy you might have some concern but that is right in the ballpark of where quotes land as far as variance. That said homework must always be done on contractors, check references, BBB ect. I'd also never pay any money in advance on any work done to my home, not sure if you're parents did or not. Any reputable contractor should be able to do the work and get paid either within 30 days (invoice for work done up to that point) or at the end of the job which ever is quicker. On longer jobs hold back 10% of every draw and don't release it until all work is complete and satisfactory, pretty standard.

Not all information for your problem but just generally speaking.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote