REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 05-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #51
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Lol stop feeding the newfagtroll
Advertisement
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #52
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I'm happy to drive my friends around, more people to talk to on the way.

I just hate it when others feel that you are obligated to give them a ride. I knew this guy who had the same class as me, about a 45 min drive. I don't mind driving him, but every fucking time he would call right when we were supposed to leave and say "oh, stop by my house and i'll be out in 15 mins"....or just not call at all and expect me to wait for him outside his house for 10 mins. Fuck people like that.

As long as the other person is courteous I have no problem driving them
sh662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #53
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

dtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #54
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
i had a freind where it started out as a couple drives here and there for no return, but then it started to become everyday like a fuckin taxi cab.. No thanks. I started asking him for money and he started giving me excuses as to why he shouldn't have to pay. Lets just say I aint his freind no more. lol
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #55
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,761 Times in 903 Posts
Background: Turning 30 this year, employed fulltime. Middle class I guess.

Neither I or my friends ever ask for money for gas money. It's just a given for us that it doesn't matter and I can honestly say nobody cares. If and when there's some kind of road trip involved our friends are all cool enough to offer on their own out of courtesy. They will either just say here take some money for gas or people will start paying for some of the drivers meals or something to compensate. No driver I know has ever asked for gas money in the last 10+ years.

Backtrack to when my friends and I were 16 and just starting driving and were in HS. Yes, at times the driver would politely ask hey do you guys mind chipping in a few dollars each and or the passengers would just offer. We all recognized that during this phase we were just kids with no jobs or income and although gas was cheaper it was unfair for the driver to cover the costs. Needless to say there has never been issues ever regarding gas money.

I would never ask for gas money, even in a recent road trip to the US I was offered gas money when I was filling up before heading back over the border I denied them. It doesn't make me baller or anything but I just feel that my friends and I are way passed that point. Plus it was just to Seattle and back which is nothing. Had I went on some epic journey to LA and back it might be a different story. On that note, I don't have anything against people asking for money. Hey gas is expensive, Vancouver is expensive and I understand that some people are tight on cash with bills to pay and or have other issues that make paying for gas a struggle.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #56
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
The last guy who asked me for gas money was back in HS and we arent friends anymore
knight604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:08 AM   #57
Need to Seek Professional Help

i've had friends offer when travelling to the states and i drive, but even so i still refuse. it just doesn't feel right to me. they may find their way to pay for some gas, but i don't expect anything at all.

whereas when i head back home to edmonton for a week or so, my buddy takes time to come get me, makes arrangements to let me use his car for the day or so and pick him up after. i don't need him to ask or even think about gas money because i've already filled up his tank. its just how i operate.
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:06 AM   #58
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

I drive my friends quite often. Never have asked or brough up gas money. They always thank me for the ride and show appreciation and that's all I've ever needed.
taprackbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:18 AM   #59
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Jesus christ, friends don't and shouldn't have $ signs attached to them, I never ask my friends for gas money.

I've actually had my friend's mom try to give me money for taking her some place, even then I told her to keep it.

I do it because they are my friends, not because I'm expecting anything from it. Them being your friend alone should pay for something as lifeless/soulless as gasoline.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #60
Banned (ABWS)

The only money i request is if the fuck up my car with puke or shit that will permanently taint the car, otherwise its a give and take kinda thing. My crush insisted on leaving gas money after i dropped her off once. Permanently friendzoned
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #61
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodbar View Post
My crush insisted on leaving gas money after i dropped her off once. Permanently friendzoned
My friend dropped off her crush ytd and he threw money in the car and booked it
.......I (kinda) feel ya bro
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #62
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,489 Times in 4,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodbar View Post
The only money i request is if the fuck up my car with puke or shit that will permanently taint the car, otherwise its a give and take kinda thing. My crush insisted on leaving gas money after i dropped her off once. Permanently friendzoned
Son, you give up too easily.

The game is still on.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #63
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

my friends and i always offer each other rides and nobody keeps track.
in the end, my guess its its probably fairly equal.
i figure if i treat my friends well, they'll treat me the same, and so far, this has held true. the ones that dont see the same point of view eventually, always drift apart
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #64
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,688 Posts
I would never consider gas money going either way, unless its a road trip. Cause otherwise, the driver's shelling out like $100+ on gas alone, that wouldn't be fair.

But I think people should only get rides when offered by the driver. More annoying when you're driving this friend all the time cause he's like 20 something and can't even drive. Its like, stop mooching and learn Howe to drive yourself, you dumbass., piss me off. I still wouldn't ask for money, but I would prefer him to just not even ask, causer I feel bad saying no if he actually asks.
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #65
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I've never asked for gas money, but if someone offers when I'm going well out of my way, like across town and back, I'll accept. Mainly because my V8 isn't exactly the most fuel economic engine. As far as giving money, I try to pay for 1/2 if it's a road trip unless the driver says otherwise, and usually a 5$ bill if I needed a ride badly and they were going that way anyway.
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote