REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Audio, Video, & Security Tech

Audio, Video, & Security Tech This forum is brought to you by Sounds Good Auto in Coquitlam and Burnaby.

Enter SPL Competitions, display your Setups, DIY Projects

Old 05-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Building a new Sub Box

Thinking about getting a new box built for the sub I am currently using which is an Infinity Perfect 12.1 VQ. Any recommendations for where to go and also approximate cost to expect?
Advertisement
srv777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
I don't get it

I'd recommend Soundsgood in poco, fair price and great quality pricing is really up to u... Depending on how simple the build is or is it custom fitted, laced with suade like mine or just regular carpet... And soooo on lol... Talk to orgasm_donor (mike) he'll be able to help u...
bloodline129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
I agree with that guy ^^ haha!
Seriously though, I have built many different ported and sealed enclosures for the Perfect 12.1 with some great results. Its a good sub that deserves a custom enclosure!

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

go on caraudio.com there are some box builders on there a lot cheaper than anybody local. I had a guy on there build me a ported box for 2 12s for $250 shipped local shops around here were asking $500.

edit: heres the guy who builds boxes hes located in Seattle I believe so you can probably save around $100 if you pick it up
A$AProcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
Ye olde moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AProcky View Post
go on caraudio.com there are some box builders on there a lot cheaper than anybody local. I had a guy on there build me a ported box for 2 12s for $250 shipped local shops around here were asking $500.

edit: heres the guy who is located in Seattle I believe so you can probably save around $100 if you pick it up
My custom enclosures start at $250 and are local, with local warranty and are designed to handle a nuclear war (braced, routered port edges, designed to meet or exceed spec). Plus you can keep your money local and support your local independent retailers too! 22 years of enclosure designing and building helps too.

Last enclosure I built with a high velocity vent, custom carpeted and built to fit the trunk of a customers car was $350 complete! Looks like you were asking at all the wrong shops!

Maple Ridge, BC
Old 05-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
My custom enclosures start at $250 and are local, with local warranty and are designed to handle a nuclear war (braced, routered port edges, designed to meet or exceed spec). Plus you can keep your money local and support your local independent retailers too! 22 years of enclosure designing and building helps too.

Last enclosure I built with a high velocity vent, custom carpeted and built to fit the trunk of a customers car was $350 complete! Looks like you were asking at all the wrong shops!
Im switching to a 15" sub soon I'll need a~4.0cu ft ported box PM me with a quote
A$AProcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
Ye olde moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A$AProcky View Post
Im switching to a 15" sub soon I'll need a~4.0cu ft ported box PM me with a quote
YGPM

Maple Ridge, BC
Old 05-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Mike, will pay you a visit to discuss further.
srv777 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: