REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
The Master

PT Anderson's new movie. Trailer doesn't show much, but it is basically about Scientology, with Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Ron Hubbard.

Anderson is by far my favourite director of all time, and all his movies are in my top 10. All the actors he uses are my favourite actors, and I actually think he and Quentin Tarantino are the two responsible for making me interested in cinema more than just going to see a movie here and there.

I haven't looked forward to a movie like this since Inglourious Basterds, I am SO fucking stoked. I don't know when it will come out, maybe 2013... hopefully sooner... fuck I can't wait!
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #2

Huh I guess people don't care about movies anymore unless they are based on comic books or cartoons
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Hell no these movie looks interesting but I think more of a trailer is needed to understand about it more.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:47 AM   #4

Ah here you go then

CIGARETTES & RED VINES: the master

Been following that closely, all the way from when it was just a rumor.. so stoked man
Old 05-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
In RS I Trust

Give some more insite but I need to see a better trailer to fully get a grasp on the movie.
joaquin phoenix is one of my favorite actors and with his ability to take over character's I'm very interested in seeing where this movie will go.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #6

Not much is known at this point. Of the top of my head, I know that it takes place after WW2, and he joins a cult that is started by Phillip Seymour Hoffman that is very much like Scientology (but not Scientology). Either way, it's PT Anderson so you know it will be at least one of the best movies of the last 5 years.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:25 AM   #7
In RS I Trust

Sounds good to me, I personally enjoy drama's I guess you can say with A time to kill being one of my fav's. I'm tired of these super hero movies I like a story like and a twist or everything comes together at the end.

I'm pretty smashed right now and gotta love spell check right now lol
Old 05-26-2012, 06:04 AM   #8
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Joaquin Phoenix, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams

im in

Not much of a fan of Anderson though but i loved There Will Be Blood and Magnolia was pretty good from what i can remember

hoffman and anderson love working together edit: now that i look at it he has a few people he works with a lot
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #9

PT Anderson has several people he works with regularly. Of course there is Hoffman but you will also see John C Reilly, Phillip Baker Hall, and Luis Guzman quite regularly in his movies... All my favourite actors, I guess that's why I am such a fan

Damn I want to watch Boogie Nights again
Old 05-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #10
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Huh I guess people don't care about movies anymore unless they are based on comic books or cartoons
Sorry no one is getting exited by a movie about L. ron hubbard.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #11

I don't see why not? The guy is a fucking amazing story.. he created a cult that is worth millions, and some of the most famous people in the world are followers. We are seeing the formation of a modern cult, which is interesting because most of them are thousands of years old... And the things they do are fucking insane, like no normal person would accept it, but thousands do... just like traditional religions.

If you don't find that fascinating then maybe go watch Ghost Rider instead.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #12
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I don't see why not? The guy is a fucking amazing story.. he created a cult that is worth millions, and some of the most famous people in the world are followers. We are seeing the formation of a modern cult, which is interesting because most of them are thousands of years old... And the things they do are fucking insane, like no normal person would accept it, but thousands do... just like traditional religions.

If you don't find that fascinating then maybe go watch Ghost Rider instead.
I think I have to change my mind on this. at first I thought this was a puff piece made by the members of the church of Scientology. But after doing some research it's not. I probable will end up watching this.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #13

LOL it's definitely not going to make scientology look good
Old 06-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #14