REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 05-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Solo Vacation Ideas

Hey guys,

so I want to take some vacation later this summer...around the last 2 week of august...i can take anywhere between 7-11 days off consecutively and would like to go somewhere. Sept-March will be a super stressful period at work for me and I would like to take this opportunity to go somewhere to relax.

Problem is, none of my close friends can get this time off, so looks like I'll be traveling alone....any places u guys suggest that would be fun to go alone? Due to budget restraints, traveling overseas would be out of the question, I am hoping to keep total expenses at or around $1500...I was thinking of NY since I've never been, but at the same time dont know if its a good place to go if I want to "relax and wind down" before the work stress begins......

Any idea would be much appreciated!

TIA!
Advertisement
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
don't travel alone there's an apocalypse goin on right now
pinn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:34 AM   #3
Better safe than Surrey

NY is a good choice. Lots to do and see. I went on a solo trip there last year and it was awesome!
OTG-ZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTG-ZR2 View Post
NY is a good choice. Lots to do and see. I went on a solo trip there last year and it was awesome!
Any idea where to stay? Hotel seems to be really expensive.(~200/night)
I am a bit picky when it comes to accomendation, it doesn't need to be fancy, but I do prefer at least Holiday Inn quality or better.

Do I need a rental car? Or will I be able to navigate the subway?
Old 05-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
Better safe than Surrey

All hotels are expensive in Manhattan. Deeper in the burbs you get the cheaper they are but your also further away from everything good.

Forget about renting a car unless you plan on going up state or touring NJ. Subway will get you everywhere in the city. Pretty easy to navigate too. I just d/l the map to my phone and they work 24/7 unlike the transit system here.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:44 AM   #6

How would california be for a solo vacation?
Fly down to SFO, drive down to a few beachs
Stay by beach side hotel, and tan....should be relaxing and doable with $1500 right?
Old 05-30-2012, 06:29 AM   #7
RS controls my life!

You need to at least double or triple your budget. Hotels are about 100/night anywhere, then you add cost of food, gas, tickets, etc....
Wetordry is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

check out Hostels Worldwide - Online Hostel Bookings, Ratings and Reviews! when i went to korea, i stayed in hostels and it was extremely cheap and awesome, you get to meet many many different types of people and friends!
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote