REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   [Confidential] Girlfriend becoming friends with buddies girlfriends (https://www.revscene.net/forums/668790-%5Bconfidential%5D-girlfriend-becoming-friends-buddies-girlfriends.html)

El Bastardo 05-30-2012 09:15 AM

[Confidential] Girlfriend becoming friends with buddies girlfriends

The following is a confidential post. If the member would like to reply to any comments please PM me

So i have a questions for the guys out there. Do u like it when ur girlfriend becomes friends with ur buddies girlfriends? I know when u and ur buddies hangout the girls will talk to each and hangout, but how would u feel if they hungout with just eachother.

On one hand they become friends, then everyone can hangout no problem and have a good time. Spend time with everyone which still counts as time spent together with ur gf.

On the other hand they can talk shit about u, make u look bad. Or possibly hate each other and now u have to choose between ur friends or ur gf when it comes to spending time with.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

FN-2199 05-30-2012 09:24 AM

It's all fine and fair game to me. My SO can be friends with whomever she wants. Your friends should understand where "bro" loyalty comes into play, without having to choose sides. Don't ever put them a situation where they have to choose one way or the other. If they're true friends, they'll stick with you through thick and thin.
My ex and I got to know each others' friends very well. When shit hit the fan and we broke up, the friendships she made with my guy friends still continued, and my friendship with those group of guys had not changed one bit.

I don't see this as a problem... unless you're sixteen.

Glove 05-30-2012 09:24 AM

wow,

people come up with the craziest shit to create unessecary issues.

How old are you?

Presto 05-30-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glove (Post 7932655)
people come up with the craziest shit to create unessecary issues.

Insecure people, specifically.

Why would your GF talk shit about you? Maybe you talk shit about her, and you think that's how she'll conduct her behavior? Maybe you're a douche, and deserve it? Are you a good bf? I dunno!

When my wife goes hang out with her sister, I expect her to complain about a few things, but they are typical: I snore. I fart. My bathroom is a mess. My workstation is a fort of empty beer cans, etc... Other than that, she has no valid reason to bad mouth me because I'm, overall, a good husband.

Drow 05-30-2012 09:37 AM

lol talk abt insecurity. its great that they become friends. try to get them to make out or something.. its kinda hot

GGnoRE 05-30-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drow (Post 7932664)
try to get them to make out or something.. its kinda hot

:lawl:

Ri2 05-30-2012 09:48 AM

that's the point of hanging out in a group isn't it? your post seems a little selfish. you want the gf to hangout w/ you and your friends but not to create friendships of her own lol.
i became friends with my exs friends gfs and despite the fact we broke up, we still talk to each other. for the most part, when we were dating, we did talk about the boys but it wasn't anything like purposely badmouthing them. just girl talk.
your gf's life does not revolve around you (at least it shouldn't) so you shouldn't assume that she just talks about you the whole time she's with them.

relax man, you're making a situation out of nothing. it's GOOD that gf is friends with your buddies girlfriends.
look at it this way, your gf couldve been jealous that buddies gf hang out with you too... coulda bought a gun and shot em all up :gun:
then shit would get really real for ya.

dinosaur 05-30-2012 10:14 AM

well....you should get along with your SO 's friends, but you don't HAVE to. some ppl just naturally do not mix well.

is this a big deal? no.
should you still support your SO's friendships yes.

if you are not a bad person, or give them a reason to "to talk shit about you", then they wont. at the same time, dont talk shit about them.

you didnt choose his friend, he did.

Grid has a friend who may not be my most favourite person in the world, but do I care? no. He is a nice guy and all...just not my type of person. When we hang out, I don't treat him any different...I'm nice, have conversations with him, joke with him, etc but wouldn't miss him if he wasn't there. I encourage their friendship (ex. "have you talk to xxx lately" or "you should go out for beers with xxx on Friday") because I think it is important for him to have "guy" time.

Grid also has another friend who I LOVE! We get along like best friends. I would love to be with him every time her sees her, but I am not....this is my choice. I am always invited, but I think it is important that they have time to socialize together without SOs. They have been friends for over 10 years and share stories, etc. that I was not involved in. They can talk about life, relationships, family, etc. and I don't have to worry about her "talking shit" about me b/c I have always treated her with respect.

At the end of the day...if you have a solid relationship and are confident, it doesn't matter what his friends think or say.

Verdasco 05-30-2012 10:24 AM

read the title and the first word that came out of my head is insecurity.... who the fuck talks shit about each others bf? wht are you? 13? :lawl:

Gridlock 05-30-2012 10:37 AM

You guys socialize together, but she's not supposed to form her own friendships? Some people just click. I don't know, I'd prefer that to "oh fuck, do we have to see them again tonight? He's a dick and his girlfriend is a stuck up ho"

I think you are making a big deal out of nothing.

FerrariEnzo 05-30-2012 12:07 PM

you think too much...

if you have shit for people to talk about, then just stay home... lol

corollagtSr5 05-30-2012 12:30 PM

Imagination station alert! The force is telling me they are talking behind my back!

!Yaminashi 05-30-2012 12:44 PM

Uhhhhh..

I highly doubt the girls will get together just to talk shit about their boyfriends. Maybe complain a little bit, but I know when I hang out with the guys we dont just get together to talk shit about our girlfriends.

You're thinking way too much.

dinosaur 05-30-2012 01:24 PM

Here is the thing....

Yes, girls can (on occasion) express some little tidbits of unhappiness or annoyances to their friends. We don't (at least in my experience) have huge bitch session on how our bf/husbands/etc. suck and we hate them.

GOOD friends will respond with, "oh that kind of sucks, have you tried talking to him about it?" or "I'm sorry to hear that, but he is a nice guy...maybe try not to stress about it", or give advice, etc...

You never want to be that friend who says, "What a fucking asshole" or "See! I knew that guy was a bag of shit" b/c sometimes we say things when we are frustrated, but really don't mean it. So once an issue blows over, you will always know that your friend called you bf an "asshole" or "bag of shit". Not cool.

If you fear that your gf is hanging out with other gfs and talking shit about you....you ain't picking the right girl or you are doing something to warrant being talked about.

Girls need to vent to their friends just as much as guys need to vent to their friends....its not always mean and cruel....or at least, it should be.

RiceIntegraRS 05-30-2012 04:56 PM

Psykopathik 05-31-2012 07:21 AM

op grow up. its in your head.

Excelsis 05-31-2012 07:49 AM

lolwut, do you just want to be your gf's only friend?

El Bastardo 06-04-2012 05:51 PM

The following is a reply from the anonymous member

I wasnt really expected this type of response. Im really happy that the majority u have never had to deal with the catty bitch, cockblock or attention whore in ur circle of friends. But i have and it sucks. Ive had my buddies gfs literally tell new girls not to sleep with me or any of my other friends. Those girls now are long gone but theres always gonna that girls that may not get along. 2 of my friends who hung out everysingle day barely see each other now since there gfs dont like each other.

I probably used the wrong word with gf, i should of said girl im seeing. And i dont know how itll turn out but if shes not the one then i dont want her hanging around when i bring out other girls. Freshvibe i know the guys will always have my back and have my best interest, but there gfs never see it that way, if they like them and i end up hating them it doesnt really matter what i think or want. They will always call them out. Im actualy 26 and my friends and girls r all in that range. Im the type of guy that needs his space. 2-3 days a week with the girl is more than enough time spent with her. I need my alone time and time to spend with the boys

dinosaur 06-04-2012 07:00 PM

^maybe you are not the type a guy girls should be sleeping with?

could these other girls be right? there must be some reason the other chicks are raising the red flag to the new girl?

chicks before dicks, yo.

Psykopathik 06-06-2012 09:54 AM

so the question is, why do your buddies GF's all hate you?

Jason00S2000 06-06-2012 10:49 AM

Birds of a feather.

If your girlfriend is hanging out with sluts, cut your losses, move on, it's too late.